PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Southern Singing (http://forums.powwows.com/f19/)
-   -   What Southern Drum has the Best Name? (http://forums.powwows.com/f19/what-southern-drum-has-best-name-35281/)

SaltRiverKID 10-02-2006 03:47 AM

What Southern Drum has the Best Name?

Let Everyone Know what name is the Best.

southernx_hunnie08 10-02-2006 08:46 AM

SOUTHERN XTREME!!!
these are my boys i love dem to death but really all southern drums have some kick a$$ names.....
SOUTHERN ALL DA WAY!!!!

hobbs49 10-02-2006 01:47 PM

Based on my theory there is a strong trend in southern drum groups to often use one of the last four letters of the alphabet, it is quite clear that Thunder Hill will never amount to anything! Maybe they should consider northern :-) Or how about Thunder Hillz??? :-0

It is also obvious from my analysis that Sizzortail, with it's use of the juxtaposed 'z' in the middle of it's name make it the clear winner of this contest. It is also good to see that they recognized their superiority and did not fall into that trap of simply adding a 'z' on to the end of their name to make it more southern. That move would have clearly been rubbing salt in the wounds of everyone else.

BTW, I hear that Sizzortail will be the host at the 2007 Zzyzx PW in Zzyzx, CA. Any truth to that rumor?

Str8Dancer49 10-02-2006 08:09 PM

HEY!!!! How come you ain't got "No Shame" or "Dirty Shame" on your list? HUH? Gaw those gotta be the best names ever!

ern_dawg2003 10-03-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbs49
Based on my theory there is a strong trend in southern drum groups to often use one of the last four letters of the alphabet, it is quite clear that Thunder Hill will never amount to anything! Maybe they should consider northern :-) Or how about Thunder Hillz??? :-0

It is also obvious from my analysis that Sizzortail, with it's use of the juxtaposed 'z' in the middle of it's name make it the clear winner of this contest. It is also good to see that they recognized their superiority and did not fall into that trap of simply adding a 'z' on to the end of their name to make it more southern. That move would have clearly been rubbing salt in the wounds of everyone else.

BTW, I hear that Sizzortail will be the host at the 2007 Zzyzx PW in Zzyzx, CA. Any truth to that rumor?

So ThunderHill will never amount to anything HUH!! Why in the Hell we Hostin and Being invited at powwows throughout the year and next year U A** !! don't be startn shyt on here Jus because THUNDERHILLZ are the ones who aren't amount to nuthin. We already proved our point this year. Tired of "F" people talkin "S" about us ThunderHill. Don't Hate, Appreiciate.

LSS 10-03-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ern_dawg2003
So ThunderHill will never amount to anything HUH!! Why in the Hell we Hostin and Being invited at powwows throughout the year and next year U A** !! don't be startn shyt on here Jus because THUNDERHILLZ are the ones who aren't amount to nuthin. We already proved our point this year. Tired of "F" people talkin "S" about us ThunderHill. Don't Hate, Appreiciate.

Hmmmm....looks like someone is fulfilling the role of the perverbial "SPOON"!

Apparently its working! Not that I agree with it...but, it does often make the threads a bit longer! :quiet:

Chevy_truckin_NDN 10-05-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ern_dawg2003

dang ern don't take it sooo hard. Y'alls are dope. And ya know this. LOL

Chevy_truckin_NDN 10-05-2006 06:45 PM

ummmm, but I still voted foy my boys the cozads, just cuz my baybay's dad sings with them. I like thier southern style, even if they's kiowa. Good group.

Chevy_truckin_NDN 10-05-2006 06:48 PM

but then again, if we are going by "best name" why my name is the best name! Youngbird!!! (grins)

GROUND POUNDER 10-09-2006 11:09 AM

Tanasi Thunder Singers

This group is a true spiritual group out of Tennessee.Great sound and great people to be around.