PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Southern Singing (http://forums.powwows.com/f19/)
-   -   Who's you favorite southern SINGER? (http://forums.powwows.com/f19/who-s-you-favorite-southern-singer-3007/)

singing_badass 04-11-2002 03:58 PM

Who's you favorite southern SINGER?

OKAY PEOPLE ---NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN!
Favorite singer (any tribe....lead singer or not) --doesnt matter, your favorite........and then your favorite woman singer!

STATE 04-12-2002 11:12 AM

Jimmy Kemble

Georgia (Harris) Noble

ndn_ave 04-12-2002 12:01 PM

johnny kemble

BrownHornet 04-12-2002 03:07 PM

Jimmy Kemble

echohawk neconie 04-14-2002 02:06 AM

Jimmy Reeder would be my choice

stickybunsbuffalobal 04-14-2002 05:12 AM

Jimmy Kemble and the badest women singer i ever heard is from Canada her name is Delia Waskewitch I think thats how you spell her name.

STATE 04-14-2002 06:20 PM

Delia is not a Southern singer, though no doubt she is the best singer of all time, so far. I heard her for the first time in 1989, in Broadview and Pia Pot.

CHEROSAGE 04-15-2002 01:03 AM

I enjoyed singing with Joe Cozad. I believe Mark Tso Tia (sp ?) has a very good voice. Jerret Buffalo head has a very fine voice and knows a wide variety of songs.

I think Frankie Ware is a good woman singer. An up and coming girl is Cindy Whitebird, if she continues and doesn't stray.

Cy Antoene(sp?) is a good singer. Kevin Dawes, Henry Collins, George Valior. The list can go on. I believe Kennet Anque(sp?) was one of the greatest. Don't forget Harrison Hunter.

stickybunsbuffalobal 04-15-2002 02:32 AM

Okay, Okay so delia isn't southern but she can keep up with anybody, with any women singer, northern or southern, I think.
Alright lets see then hhhmmm............A good southern women singer would have to be Roberta McIntosh, she can jam all by her self, goot one!

luvstraightdancrs 04-15-2002 08:04 PM

Jimmy Kembel
John Kembel
Wiley Littlecreek
George Valliere
Cheevers & Hyde Toppah
Kenneth & Howard Cozad
The late Joe Cozad
Ronnie Harris, Sr & RG
Merle Boyd
Jimmy Starr
John Arkeketa

Roberta McIntosh
Niv'y Starr
Erin Bemo
Crystal Lightfoot
Valerie & Ada Littlecreek

Chi-Ka-Sha 04-24-2002 12:06 PM

I gotta go with one of these respected gentlemen: Wilkie Eagle, Oliver Littlecook, Don Patterson, Henry Collins, Kensil Leib and Johnny Kemble. As for women singers Valleria Littlecreek and Harriet Cerre. :D

prettyplumes 04-24-2002 03:13 PM

favorite southern singer

WELL MY FAVORITE SOUTHERN SINGER'S ARE AS FOLLOWS JIMMY KEMBLE, JADE ROUBEDEAUX,TIM GRANT, STEVEN LITTLECOOK, AAND KELLY CABLE , AS FOR THE WOMEN ROBERTA MACINTOSH,ANDREA KEMLE, A VERY WELL RESPECTED ELDERLY LADY LUCY CRIES-FOR-RIBS SHE HAS BEEN SINGING FOR A VERY LONG TYME ALMOST ALL HER LIFE, ALSO HOLLY SHERIDAN, THESE WOMEN SING FROM THERE HEART, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE TO STRAIN AND TURN RED UNLIKE OTHER LADIES I HAVE SEEN SINGING. AND THEY KNOW THE RIGHT THE RIGHT TO COME IN DURING A SONG AND WHEN TO LU LU LU AT THE RIGHT TYME, BUT ANYWAY THESE ARE MY FAVORITE, AS FOR ME I A UPCOMING LADY SINGER TOO I TRY TO FOLLOW MY GRANDMOTHER'S FOOTSTEPS, IT'LL TAKE ME AWHILE BUT I THINK I'LL GET THERE ME AND MY SISTER WELL ANYWAY GOTTS TO GO LATERZ!!!!!:Chatter

southernsky 04-24-2002 06:45 PM

My favorite southern singer would have to be Larry Cozad, he's got a different sounding voice with some smooth leads...

otoe_gurl 05-03-2002 12:31 PM

hmmm...

:rolleyes: Well it's simple...ALL SINGERS OF YELLOW HAMMER!!...and the CHORUS WOMEN...BERTA IS A GOOD SINGER... and LUCY CRIES FOR RIBS WOULD BE THE BEST:Music:

acgal 05-21-2002 07:45 AM

Larry Cozad!!! :)

shawldncr 05-23-2002 04:50 PM

My favorite southern singers are Jimmy Kemble, his daughter Andrea, and Daubin Monoessey (I can't make up my mind between Andrea and Daubin!)

ctryprincess 05-30-2002 02:53 PM

Larry Cozad, hands down! :p

krystina 07-22-2005 05:03 PM

My favorite southern singer (who is alive) is Jack Anquoe(The Greatest) And woman singer is Buena Warden.

suthernwaterbird 07-23-2005 11:18 PM

I do believe that he DID say singer (singulative) soo I'd have to say
Leonard Cozad
Women Bobbie Tahchawwickah

southernx_hunnie08 07-24-2005 12:45 AM

sx all da way

well i vote for tha whole sx crew....
gabe chavez<<<<<bestest lead
and
amura<<<<fav women singer when i sing with this girl she makes me jam....

ohh yeah and muh ol homiez crickethill
MOTEGA COTTO<<<<dayum i miss this kid