Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Who is YOUR favorite Southern Drum Group!? Who is YOUR favorite Southern Drum Group!?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Lil Fancy Dancer!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lilfancydancer is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking Who is YOUR favorite Southern Drum Group!?

Who is your favorite southern drum group? Mine is Niwiwan, they are great sounding and have great songs!
lilfancydancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
Pow Wow Mama

txsndn7 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

My favorite southern drum group is Bear Claw.
txsndn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Native P

Native P is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd go wit YoungBird
Native P is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
Savings: 1.00
Rose Hill and White Hawk
Old 11-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
Dancer

Nathan11 will become famous soon enough
Cozad ! I finally got to hear and see them live at the Austin Powwow. They were awesome
Nathan11 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #6
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
man, you gotta love Zotigh too...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

otoe_n_proud is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Yellowhammer Of Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfancydancer
Who is your favorite southern drum group? Mine is Niwiwan, they are great sounding and have great songs!
I REALLY LIKE THE YELLOWHAMMER BOYS FROM OKLAHOMA. THEY ARE ALL OTOE-MISSOURIA AND/OR PONCA TRIBE DESCENT. THEY HAVE A NEW CD OUT FOR PERRY LEE AND IT'S COOLIO. THE SOUNDS ARE OFF THE CHAIN AND I'M PROUD OF THEM. GOD BLESS EVERYONE! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND hAPPY NEW YEAR! PCE!
otoe_n_proud is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
Singer/ Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by otoe_n_proud
I REALLY LIKE THE YELLOWHAMMER BOYS FROM OKLAHOMA. THEY ARE ALL OTOE-MISSOURIA AND/OR PONCA TRIBE DESCENT. THEY HAVE A NEW CD OUT FOR PERRY LEE AND IT'S COOLIO. THE SOUNDS ARE OFF THE CHAIN AND I'M PROUD OF THEM. GOD BLESS EVERYONE! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND hAPPY NEW YEAR! PCE!
Man, it'd been such a long time since they released anything new that I was wondering if they was still around...

Great to hear though... they're awesome!

Paselo~
Old 12-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Yellowhammer via O-M Tribe (M. Gawhega)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShield
Man, it'd been such a long time since they released anything new that I was wondering if they was still around...

Great to hear though... they're awesome!

Paselo~
Michael Gawhega is the Human Resources Mgr. for the Otoe-Missouria Tribe. He can be reached at 1877-692-otoe. He can provide you with the info needed to get 'hooked up' with the YellowHammer CD collection as well as the newest edition dedicated to Perry Lee Botone Jr.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Rose Hill and White Hawk, annit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShield
Rose Hill and White Hawk

well, Rose Hill is a Classic. Going to go see ol Lloyd Gwin this weekend. What's your fave all time song? I request mine every time i see him! Who sings with White Hawk? Where they from? Well it's good to hear about someone who remembers Rose Hill, my brothas! I sang once with Zotigh singers at the Gathering of Nations Pow-Wow... Ralph is definitely a legend. I made him a song too. I think he sings it every now and then...
Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

Cozad Singers Are Off The Chain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan11
Cozad ! I finally got to hear and see them live at the Austin Powwow. They were awesome
COZAD'S RULE MAN... THEYZ ALL MY BROTHAS!!! ALL TEN OF THEM! PCE!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

soonerbyheart is a glorious beacon of light
where they going to be at. I haven't seen LLoyd since we used to dance together at stroud and abouts. Lloyd has always had a great voice, he was also taught by one of the best old-time singers, his grandpa Harrison Hunter.
soonerbyheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #13
Singer/ Dancer

Quote:
well, Rose Hill is a Classic. Going to go see ol Lloyd Gwin this weekend. What's your fave all time song? I request mine every time i see him! Who sings with White Hawk? Where they from? Well it's good to hear about someone who remembers Rose Hill, my brothas! I sang once with Zotigh singers at the Gathering of Nations Pow-Wow... Ralph is definitely a legend. I made him a song too. I think he sings it every now and then...
Man... about every song off that Rose Hill: Live at Hinkley CD is off the chain man...

White Hawk is a Southern Drum outta Chicago led by Sterling Big Bear Jr. a Ponca from OK. Love hearing those old Ponca songs up here, and he's been a great friend and mentor to me and my boys and given us a few songs I'm very honored to have his permission to sing... His brother-in-law was Johnson Taylor of Yellow Jacket, so there are a lot of strong singers that have come through the group. Right now he sings with Jesse, Edwin and Danny, and his wife and daughters, and they are a rockin crew... Danny (his future son-in-law) is also a pretty kickin Northern Singer too, and has a drum of his own with other members of his family called Maza Napin (Iron Necklace) that jams, it's always a jamming pow wow when the two drums are together... though I just kinda sit back and wonder how Danny can maintain a voice singing both styles all weekend... LOL. He's an awesome singer and friend though! Sterling ain't in the greatest health these days though... but we keep praying for him and his family... they have a CD out on Arbor I think... check em out!

Paselo~
Old 01-05-2007, 02:57 AM   #14
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
Quote:
COZAD'S RULE MAN... THEYZ ALL MY BROTHAS!!! ALL TEN OF THEM! PCE!

i love hearing that southern music, and cozads are on the top of my list!!! whether it's at a powwow, or hearing larry singin 49 songs. hoka!

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #15
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
I also like white tail, rose hill, an anyone else from oklahoma that can carry a tune, sing some 49 songs or round dance. it's all good :}

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links