Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing YB at G.O.N. YB at G.O.N.

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lookin4stuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
YB at G.O.N.

Do you think Youngbird was the best sounding southern drum at G.O.N. this year? Was this political because of family involvement? Did they deserve to repeat? Is winning really a reason to tear up and get drunk? What about YB's backup singers winning? sounded very nasal to me! What are the thoughts out there?
Old 05-11-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

ccreek10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Geez, I thought all the drums went out, got drunk and made fools of themselves. I've heard other people comment on the backup singers sounding kinda nasal. The only thing I listen for is how loud and strong the backup singers' voices are.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

tiBBy is just really nice
Cool G.O.N Yb Bkup Singer

All I know is the boyz sang as well as they could, They did take this competition seriously and gave it all they had....Southern Boyz could have easily won because they were sounding pretty DOPE themselves...BUT it was all in the hands of the judges, NO ONE ELSE....as far as them going out after the powwow (thoes who did) I HOPE THEY HAD FUN because they did deserve to celebrate this win. Weather it was 'right' or not is not for anybody to judge.

As for the YB ladies, we just tried to have fun and sing. We know there were a few songs where we may not have sounded too ON and sometimes trying to blend with 5 strong lady voices is a little tougher then it sounds...lol. (ima northerner...lol)

From my personal perspective I thought the SBZ ladies were ON and they all blended very well together. Andrea informed me that they were all sisters and have sang with eachother for a long time. AND...in all fairness I do think that it was unfair for SBZ and SZA's backup to be judged on a Mens Fancy song...but?

" someone who can sing the song in your heart, even when you have forgotten the words...;)"

Last edited by tiBBy; 05-12-2005 at 03:56 PM..
Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 AM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Keen_Kong is an unknown quantity at this point
"....in all fairness I do think that it was unfair to SBZ's and SZA's backup to be judged on a Mens Fancy song..." So thaaaaat's wut happened???Couldn't figure that one out. lame. wah,wah,wah. Anyways. Anyone notice that YB & Sizza are now tied as back2back winnerz of GON's So.Challenge? Not that anyone's countin(Iamtho!). So we'll just cya both there next yr.!

Last edited by Keen_Kong; 05-13-2005 at 03:45 AM..
Old 05-13-2005, 02:18 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

tiBBy is just really nice
Wink

QUIT IT!!! DANG TOOO KEEEN! lol...yeah yeah...BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! lol ;)

so who do you sing with then???

" someone who can sing the song in your heart, even when you have forgotten the words...;)"
Old 05-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

FO_SIZZA_MY_NIZZA is on a distinguished road
GEEZE NO ONE IS EVER HAPPY ON HOW THE CONTEST RESULTS ARE! anyway. i thought that YB was going to win it. i figured we where blowed up after our first song! got a lil too high for us to handle! lol. but i thought SOUTHERN BOYS OR SOUTHERN OUTLAWS sounded really good! especially SOUTHERN OUTLAWS! but as far as everyone i thought most of the southern drums sounded perty much the same! all good! and who is keepin track on who is back to back champs! lol we sure ain't! lol YOU WIN SOME YOU LOSE SOME! but anyway. i think we might take a lil break from going to GON. i wish there was another powwow close by to hit. gettin tired of climbin the dayum stairs luggin my chair up and down, along with all my outfits and what not. anyway thats my two cents!
Old 05-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

Fringesnapper will become famous soon enough
In my opinion, Andrea Kemble is one of the finest chorus girls in this era. She is not the nasally one. There is another woman that sings with them, that is loud and nasally. YB jams with the best. As far as drinking and partying afterwards, that is the problem with some drum groups. It validates what non-n'dns think of us and is a vise for trouble.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:30 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

luckycree is an unknown quantity at this point
Agree about Andrea, agree about the "loud,nasally" lady, agree mostly about the partying-only think there was maybe a little room for partying this time-the guys did win first @GON "back to back"!
Old 05-16-2005, 05:26 PM   #9
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
One thing I have noticed is that the YB guys are so powerful that sometimes they are a little above key. The lead is at one level and when the second comes the key is higher than where the lead started. Should that be?

They do have some screamers tho.

But I like them anyway, have 4 of their cds.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
gct

ScarFace can only hope to improve
Thumbs up No complaints....

YB, Sizza, SBZ, their all great singing groups. All I know is we gave it all we had in those two songs. As said before its always in the hands in the judges. We were not in with the judges, a matter a fact we didn't really know many of the judges. We sang hard , we won, and we had a Doulble Platinum party. A Northern Cree and YB party. Man that was fun. Oh yeah quit ripping on our girls, damn frecking haters...
they jammed.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:49 AM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

miawallace is an unknown quantity at this point
aaawwwww,you guys hafta say that!MUAHAHA!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #12
Tiny Tot Dancer

FO_SIZZA_MY_NIZZA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
YB, Sizza, SBZ, their all great singing groups. All I know is we gave it all we had in those two songs. As said before its always in the hands in the judges. We were not in with the judges, a matter a fact we didn't really know many of the judges. We sang hard , we won, and we had a Doulble Platinum party. A Northern Cree and YB party. Man that was fun. Oh yeah quit ripping on our girls, damn frecking haters...
they jammed.
no matter how you do win or lose you still gonna have haters! its the powwow world! and dayum powwow skinz are the worst ones! lol
Old 05-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #13
Muzzy Dancer

Native_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond repute
Does any one kno who had 2nd lead?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 PM   #14
Muzzy Dancer

Native_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond repute
Mind your own buisness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fringesnapper
In my opinion, Andrea Kemble is one of the finest chorus girls in this era. She is not the nasally one. There is another woman that sings with them, that is loud and nasally. YB jams with the best. As far as drinking and partying afterwards, that is the problem with some drum groups. It validates what non-n'dns think of us and is a vise for trouble.
Itz not really anyones buisness wat a group does in there own time. If ur goin to judge at a drum dont look at anything else but the singin skills and all that. If u deserve to win then u deserve to win cause u where the best drum at that powwow.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #15
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I thot you guys were talking about female gynecogical problems when I read the title of the thread. I thought it was O.B.G.Y.N.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:50 AM   #16
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
LMAO!!! KI!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #17
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Doesnt matter what a drum does on their own time?

Wow.

Remember when being a good singer meant you were respectable and kind, took care of your guys...and knew some songs?

To me, it doesnt matter how good a singer you are, if you are a dirtbag when you arent singing, I dont want to know you. Been duped many times by people I respected.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #18
Tiny Tot Dancer

Fringesnapper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoejimbob
Doesnt matter what a drum does on their own time?

Wow.

Remember when being a good singer meant you were respectable and kind, took care of your guys...and knew some songs?

To me, it doesnt matter how good a singer you are, if you are a dirtbag when you arent singing, I dont want to know you. Been duped many times by people I respected.
I agree that it DOES matter that people are out partying, fighting around, getting drunk, high, whatever. Heck, I'm not saying don't go out and have a beer or two, but come on. Some drums, and I'm not pointing at any drum specifically, have NO respect. They come in wearing big ol' baggy shorts, ball caps, tank shirts. They PRACTICE their next song when another drum is singing, or worse, when some elder is praying. It's rugged. Man, if you have to 'practice' your singing, then I've forgotten more songs than you know! LOL!! I was taught that you should dress your best, be on your best behavior, take care and respect your grandpa drum. Those ways are falling fast. I wish the ol' men would get up and get after all of these punks that call themselves drum groups. Like I said, it's not every drum, but I'm sure each of you can think of one that I just described.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:52 PM   #19
Tiny Tot Dancer

ronski is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 852.34
oh ehnnnny't

sounded like i missed a musse shin'digg
late
Old 06-02-2005, 01:14 AM   #20
Pow Wow Visitor

turtle41 is an unknown quantity at this point
that is so true... you all forget of the old ways... and how to respect... the things we have always known... now we get these dumb *** smart a remarks from people like the one that just responded and that dont respect anything mother nature has given us..
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread