Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tipis Anyone taking their tipi to a dance? Anyone taking their tipi to a dance?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #1
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tipis is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Anyone taking their tipi to a dance?

Interested if anyone out there is still taking tipis to dances. Sure seeing fewer and fewer at the Powwows.
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 307.00
Having tipi, will roll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
Interested if anyone out there is still taking tipis to dances. Sure seeing fewer and fewer at the Powwows.
I just got back from the MTSU Powwow where i did a tipi display. Mine was one of three there. Of course i didn't stay in the tipi since the powwow is an indoor dance and we're not allowed to stay in them. But my hotel room was paid for, so i stayed in that.

At the first and end of June, i'll be doing a tipi display at each of those powwows. I'll stay in the tipi at one of those powwows but in a hotel room at the other powwow (it's a free hotel with a pool... YIPPEE!!!)

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

TWDBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Which dances are these....???
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 307.00
Thumbs up Tipi's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
Which dances are these....???

There's a NA dance festival at the Sycamore Shoals Fort in Elizabethton, TN. It's not a true powwow but a very glorified dance exhibition with a lot of powwow dancers from Cherokee. This is the first weekend in June (the same weekend as the NEW AICA powwow in Union Grove). They have about 20 or so vendors inside the fort, a dance arena, the public is allowed to dance during the intertribals. This one is on Sat. and Sunday.

Then the last weekend in June, there's a Festival in Trade Tennessee. They have lots of reinactors there, from the fur and trade area, civil war, and a NA area that does powwow dance exhibitions as well. This one is my first year there and it runs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The only problem is there's not a lot of easy roads to get there. ;-)

There's a tipi competition to be held at Old Fort, just east of Asheville NC, but i don't remember the exact date. I want to say it's in May. It's in my date book but that's outside in the van. I don't know the details of that one though. I heard about it either on powwows.com or GON.com

Tim n'TN

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

TWDBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

NativeWay is infamous around these parts
Tipi-ing at Trade, TN

I'll be tipi-ing in Trade too! Looking forward having Southern Xtreme from New Mexico & Bad Water Singers from Alabama as our host drums. Looking forward in seeing the Papantla Flyers do there 80 foot spin off!!! I don't see how they have the nerve to climb up then drop off with a rope around their waist.