Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
contemptradish is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
buying

Ok, I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm looking to get a tipi and wondering who can suggest a good place to go to get a complete package. I'm just looking for a small one for my backyard.
Any help is greatly apprecaited.

Thanks, dudes!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Try Reese Tipis
Don Strinz tipis
Spring Valley
Rk lodges
Nomadics

or go to my web site and look under manufactures.

www.tipis-tepees-teepees.com
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
As you can see...

ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Savings: 1.00
Lightbulb

Those are some quality places and businesses Holley, but definitely check out some of the eastern montana businesses. Reliable Tent, Western Canvas and Kinneys Tipis..these places all around Billings have really competitive prices and can make just about any size or style you need.
ntownn8ive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Teen Dancer

Thumbs up

There are several good companies that have the complete package. Also depends on size. Try Reese tipis, Nomadics, RK lodges, Panther Primitive for a start.

Also.....I have a complete 11' tipi with liner, cover and door....no wood I am going to sell that I made for myself and only used 3 times. It is perfect for two people and quick get up and go.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
She Who Plays with Wolves

Apache_Fancy_Shawl is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
There are several good companies that have the complete package. Also depends on size. Try Reese tipis, Nomadics, RK lodges, Panther Primitive for a start.

Also.....I have a complete 11' tipi with liner, cover and door....no wood I am going to sell that I made for myself and only used 3 times. It is perfect for two people and quick get up and go.
I would say Panther Primiive ALL the way...... We had a realy old Panther lodge, i was like 50 + years and abused. We know have a 2002 Panther lodge.
exac same size as are old lodge, 18' and we have he same liner too. last year we found a good deal on two more, home made lodges, ones a 16' and ones a 14'. we have only been able o set up the 18' and 16' have to finish the 14'. But we take them and teach with them. we are interstead in the 11' lodge. we are hoping to get things togther so my brother can have his lodge up with our lodges along wih a short long house and maybe a wickie-up so we may each more of all the nations ways................
And tonight itís only you and me
Apache_Fancy_Shawl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
Teen Dancer

Talking

I do not think Panther Primitive lOdges has been around for 50 years. If the tipi was that old and had been used....they are usually not in great shape due to dry rot and thread degredation...or it is falling apart. Now this depends on if it was stored away and not used too often. I cannot say who is a REALLY great tipi maker because of my site, though I do have my prefrances. The best tipi maker is a Darry Wood, but he is not making tipis for anyone except a select few. All the tipi makers mentioned so far by some of you in these posts, are on my site.

Or are you around for 50+ years???
Old 10-16-2005, 11:56 PM   #7
As you can see...

ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Savings: 1.00
Holley, (or anyone else with reliable info)

I'm also looking for a used, good condition, or one with easily repairable flaws, 28 foot tipi. Doesn't really matter on the style: Crow, Sioux/Cheyenne, Blackfeet....
New prices are far too high when you can find one that's used and at a good/fair price.
I have an 18 foot and a little squatty travel tipi, but for home and ceremonial uses, the 28 foot is perfect.

Hey tipi lovers: This is interesting, go to www.canvashome.com
This is a company out of Delhi, India which makes canvas tipis that can be bought in wholesale. So, if you are retailer and don't mind paying prices for overseas shipment, they have some really good prices. And, they are in fact authentic Indian tipis. But, they're also made by the real Indians........................from India.............weird.....
Anyways, in my search for the extra large size tipi, I came across this website.
ntownn8ive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links