Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tipis Competition Money for Contest Competition Money for Contest

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tipis is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up Competition Money for Contest

The Old Fort Powwow in NC, May 26-28 is offering money for tipis contest. Now they do not say how much....but they do put forth $10,000.00 on the mailing for Dance, Drum and Tipis.

Any body going and no more about this???
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 307.00
Old Fort Tipi Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
The Old Fort Powwow in NC, May 26-28 is offering money for tipis contest. Now they do not say how much....but they do put forth $10,000.00 on the mailing for Dance, Drum and Tipis.

Any body going and no more about this???

I'm thinking about going to compete if the drum doesn't have a host drum job that weekend.

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

TWDBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Red face

I talked with the organizer today and found out that tipi competition was $300.00 for first...200.00 second and 100.00 third. You can go in on Wed. to set up and camp in your tipi. Better bring a fire pan because of the dry conditions and they will give out money on Sunday late...4 or 5oclock.

This is definitly better than most dances as all most all do not even offer money. As for the judges and guidelines to the competition, they do not have a clue. She just said they are judging on authenticity. Good luck on that one. Hey, bring all the colorfull and what will wow the crowd. And it will be hot...most likely.

If I could afford to go...I would. It takes a great deal of effort and planning to bring in a full tipi camp. Just for me to come up from Jacksonville, Fla and go home is around 200 to 300.00$. Gas, food, and getting the time off is money. Not like throwing a few things into your gas saving little car to go dance. And a tipi is 24 hours of exhibit...not a few hours in a dance ring and go back to nice air conditioned hotel room.

So all who bring tipis to any dance...for any reason...you deserve a big hand.
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links