Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wardancer
  • 1 Post By wardancer

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tipis Help with my bustle???? Help with my bustle????

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
austanley5

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Question Help with my bustle????

Hey guys! Just stopping in to ask a quick question. Basically, I am working on my 1st bustle and I've got quite a bit of it done. It's a swing bustle and, being my first, it's not PERFECT, but it is a nice bustle. My big issue is, it moves around... a lot. it looks and feels like it is going to fall off. So my question is, how should i prevent that? I already have a belt that I use to hold it on and a set of strings that hel keep it straight but nothing I can think of seems to hold it firmly on my body. Thanks for any help!!!!

Dark Horse
Eastern Band Cherokee
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 49,288.16
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by austanley5 View Post
Hey guys! Just stopping in to ask a quick question. Basically, I am working on my 1st bustle and I've got quite a bit of it done. It's a swing bustle and, being my first, it's not PERFECT, but it is a nice bustle. My big issue is, it moves around... a lot. it looks and feels like it is going to fall off. So my question is, how should i prevent that? I already have a belt that I use to hold it on and a set of strings that hel keep it straight but nothing I can think of seems to hold it firmly on my body. Thanks for any help!!!!

Dark Horse
Eastern Band Cherokee
you have a backboard fastened to a belt ? And it is still moving around ??? It should not move....tighten everything up ?

Maybe post a pic so we can see what you have.
Paul G likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
austanley5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
you have a backboard fastened to a belt ? And it is still moving around ??? It should not move....tighten everything up ?

Maybe post a pic so we can see what you have.

The backboard is not actually connected to the belt. I have a loop of cord that I run the belt through. I'll post a pic here in a little bit. Just remember that it's my 1st bustle so the back has a lot of random strings to hold stuff together. the board is not necessarily pretty! haha
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Well seeing it will help. I'm gonna go watch T.V. for a bit and I'll be back on later tonight.
Here are my bustles:
Attached Thumbnails
imag0008.jpg   imag0009.jpg  

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
austanley5

The 1st pic is of my bustle. the 2nd pic is of the back of the back board (touches me) the belt is going through the big strip of cord in the center(Those go through the board and are my primary lace) And the 2 strips on the sides also tie around me.

Also,

I might have gotten it figured out. I added 2 pieces of paracord to the bottom corners to wrap around me which will (in theory) keep it from bouncing up too much. I'll try dancing again with it tomorrow and let you know how it works out! Crossing my fingers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
559761_585594771468017_88406013_n-1-.jpg   2013-02-20-20.08.32.jpg  

Last edited by austanley5; 02-20-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
austanley5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Well seeing it will help. I'm gonna go watch T.V. for a bit and I'll be back on later tonight.
Here are my bustles:
Forgot to quote you in the post but they're on the forum now!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #7
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
You don't have to quote me each time. Looks O.K. but the tighter it all is together the better. It should fit right in the small of your back , just over your hips. That way the bustle actually kinda sits over your butt. You may have to use a leather belt and you can actually get small screws with nuts and washers to fasten it together. Put the screw heads on the inside where it won't rub you too bad....also you can cover the heads with some small leather pieces glued over them.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #8
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
A rosette or a center piece may help also.....even a swing bustle shouldn't swing shut !
Paul G likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
austanley5

Thanks! I never thought of a belt screwed into it! I'll give that a shot! Also, I am planning on getting a rosette for it. Just need to figure out exactlywhat I want. thanks a ton!!!!
Sponsored Links