Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tipis Which tipi brand would you choose? Which tipi brand would you choose?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 307.00
Savings: 0.00
Which tipi brand would you choose?

As several people know, i'm finally (after like 4 years) about to buy the 18 footer tipi i've always wanted (it was one of the factors of my divorce in fact, but that's another story).

Anyway, if you were to buy a tipi, which brand would you buy?

I currently own a 14 footer RK Lodge.

I was considering Panther Primitives, but now i'm considering Reese or Don Strinz.

Any thoughts? If you can include your reasons as well.

Thanks

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

TWDBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
Flirty Girl

MorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond reputeMorningStar4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I'm no authority i'm just a tipi dreamer (dream of owning one one day)but when i started asking 'round i was told Panther Primitives was the way to go and the people who told me about them have owned tipi's for like 20 years and have a few.thatis who i'm gonna check out neway

"When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced.....Live your life so, that when you die, the world cries, and you rejoice."

~*~The truest most pure form of Love....is when one sees you with their Heart....before their eyes~*~
~Quote from a friend~
MorningStar4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for your reply.

I was also leaning towards Panther, until a friend of mind, who has made tipi's for years and has lived in them for quite a few years, recommended Reese Tipi's.

After i checked into the Reese Tipi's, i decided to go with them because of the extra quality and heavy cloth i was wanting, since i suspect this will be my last tipi.

Last edited by TWDBear; 02-17-2003 at 01:29 PM..
Old 02-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #4
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy

Ok....when was the divorce? When I got mine I got the tipi, an 18'. He got his own 22' later.
Then I went on to make 300 more tipis.

The best tipi maker is still Darry Wood. But it is VERY hard to get hime to make one.

tipis
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2003, 11:01 PM   #5
Pow Wow Committee

lol... the separation was Feb of 2000 with the divorce in Jan of 2001.

I got the 14 footer plus all tipi furnishings (she never did like the tipi ;-)

Since then, i've continued doing parfleech, some beadwork, powwows, singing, etc. much to the dismay of some past girlfriends who feel i'm "obsessed with this NA thing". (can i help it if i prefer a good powwow to a movie and dinner?!??!? )

I agree with you regarding Darry Wood and he's the one who suggested that i go with the Reese Tipi as well.

Btw, do you, or anyone else happen to have his phone number? I need to contact him.

I can be emailed at [email protected]

Thanks,

Old 02-18-2003, 10:25 AM   #6
Teen Dancer

Talking

Yes!!! but remind me to get it. I am very sick with Broncial phneumonia and only move when I have too.

Hey, maybe you and I should get together.???? RIGHT!!!! But it would be interesting.

I have run off or ingured more men's feelings when they see the guns on my wall and "you go camping in what" and "you are going to meet the boys for a week..what'?:devil And when they do come with me, they realize how much work and materials go along with me. Oh! I am just a hight priced "tipi slut". :Angel2 (in a good way)

Tipis....Linda Holley....lonely in warm sunny Florida. Hey, I am a head dancer at the North Carolina Dance in June. Come see me on cane or wheel chair. We are falling apart fast.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:46 PM   #7
Pow Wow Committee

<>

I'm always open to meeting new and interesting people, from ages 26 (yeah i know, almost young enough to be my daughter) to 48 (at least they can play "Name that tune" in the car).

<>

Guns don't scare me, i have a few myself. ;-)

<< and "you go camping in what" and "you are going to meet the boys for a week..what'? And when they do come with me, they realize how much work and materials go along with me.>>

When i do a tipi competition or display, my van is usually full, unless the other person packs light and only brings their dance outfit.

But so far, the non-powwow ladies i've dated resent the time i spend with the drum/dance team and powwows.

<< Oh! I am just a hight priced "tipi slut". (in a good way) >>

I once called myself a "powwow whore" going from powwow to powwow, looking for that one perfect powwow. Still looking but i now try to avoid the smaller, new powwows, unless they REALLY want me there. ;-)

<>

Is that the AICA powwow at Union Grove by chance? I always go there for the gourd dancing, that way i can look good and not have to move much. ;-D

Old 02-18-2003, 01:26 PM   #8
Teen Dancer

From the "tipi slut"......yes, that is the same dance. I usually have problems with the heat and stay at a hotel.

Tipis
Old 02-18-2003, 07:12 PM   #9
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
Originally posted by tipis
From the "tipi slut"......yes, that is the same dance. I usually have problems with the heat and stay at a hotel.

Tipis

I used to take my tipi there until they stopped the tipi competitions.

It was an awful lot of work in the heat, so now i either stay in a motel or take a cabin tent and stay on site, plus spend a lot of time in the swimming pool.

Old 06-18-2003, 07:15 PM   #10
ApacheFancyShawlHawk

my dream lodge came in the year 1996! we got it late Dec. & put it up in the beging of the next year! We have a Panther Primitives!

This lodge has had two preveos owners! has had very bad tretment ! it was not tell the year 2001 we found out that she (the lodge) was about 59 years old! we all so found out for the treatment she had been givin, she was in perfect shape! we still have her! we just need another set of poles! we still have 1 of the very first poles every used with her! we should have her back out this fall! the next thing then will be transporting her to the places, are van is down & the pickup is down, & my ford is to messed up to have a rack to carry the poles!

so I would say Panther Primitives, but thats just me!
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

prairiedogphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Beware of Reese Tipis. My 18' tipi from them mildewed and rotted after only 18 months. And they no longer answer calls.
prairiedogphil is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links