Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts > Tipis where to find tipis where to find tipis

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2003, 01:44 PM   #1
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
where to find tipis

My father has been trying to find me a tipi for a few years now and hasn't had any luck...where would I be able to find a nice tipi?
"A single tear found it's way down her face. She swallowed in an effort to choke back the flood that threatened to follow. She lifted her chin. She was an Apache. Her captors would NOT see her cry...."
--Walks Alone, Brian Burks

"My hair is long, my skin is tan, my eyes brown, and my heart strong. I am an Apache woman. I will not be broken."
MarthaFlysWithEagles is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Gee!!! just go to

http://www.tipis-tepees-teepees.com

tipis
tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
Teen Dancer

MarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond reputeMarthaFlysWithEagles has a reputation beyond repute
hehe I feel dumb now! lol

thanks I will check that out !
"A single tear found it's way down her face. She swallowed in an effort to choke back the flood that threatened to follow. She lifted her chin. She was an Apache. Her captors would NOT see her cry...."
--Walks Alone, Brian Burks

"My hair is long, my skin is tan, my eyes brown, and my heart strong. I am an Apache woman. I will not be broken."
MarthaFlysWithEagles is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2003, 08:10 PM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 307.00
you can do a web search for tipis

or you can visit Linda's tipi site where she has a listing of many tipi manufacturers.

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

TWDBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2003, 10:18 AM   #5
Teen Dancer

help??

Sorry, but sometimes you get a little tired of messages that are there just to get space and have nothing to do with the question or even come close to answering it even in a joking way. I really consider these a form of "spam" and I hate spam, except with my eggs or some good bread or>>>>>

tipis
Old 08-20-2004, 08:38 AM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Tristann is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 890.00
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaFlysWithEagles
My father has been trying to find me a tipi for a few years now and hasn't had any luck...where would I be able to find a nice tipi?
Reesetipis.com has some nice tipis and artwork.
Tristann is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
Hoop Dancer

hoopster girl is infamous around these parts
www.tipi.com

Nomadics has awesome tipis in many different sizes, they'll even do a custom paint job.
(Same people who did the tipis in Dances with wolfs)

hoopster
Old 10-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

myrnie1209 is on a distinguished road
thank you for the links.
myrnie1209 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2004, 11:22 AM   #9
Junior Dancer

Gail405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to find a tipi.

Martha. Not knowing you at all. I'm a non Native American. But I have a few thoughts that might grab you. Maybe not? If you do some research in Public Library, for instance. You might find the desire you have right in your own back yard. I have read at least 2 books from the Library that have described how, and what material to use to construct your own Tipi. Something you have slaved over and fought to the finish, give the constructor much more satisfaction, than going out and buying it. At least that is my thinking.
If you are in a location whereby, you have relatives or others in your area. Native american desired, W/ skills they have mastered in their life, such as you desire at this time.
For sure it need not be on a scale of housing 8 or more people. But a scaled down verson for yourself and maybe 1 friend or 2. This to my thinking is what you are looking at??
You must also locate some poles to build your tipi around. Not knowing your location it could be a little bit difficult. Then this is where improvisation comes in. My understanding early Native Americans were masters at improvisation. You know they didn't have hardware stores around or any other company that is regarded highly , in the modern world. Mostly they made their own from what they had, on hand , or could acquire. Natural things, I'm speaking of. This , my thinking was their reward, for a job well done, w/ what they had. They had no other choices. Or else they could live under the stars. In many circumstances, that is just what they did do.But a foot of snow around you and upon you is not a lot of fun, I would't feel. So improvisation was the name of the game. Follow?? GES PS. Work out a plan and then go for it. It will be your baby. Likely none other like it GES Luck.
Gail405 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2004, 01:32 PM   #10
Teen Dancer

Thumbs down Work

You have never made a tipi from this post. It is a LOT of work. There maybe pride in make it...but there are many mistakes that can be made....making it.
Sponsored Links