Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts Cradleboards Cradleboards

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
princesss3feather is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking Cradleboards

HI EVERYONE,
I'M LOOKING FOR A CRADLEBOARD FOR OUR BABY BOY (JAMES MAX CHEBETNOY) WHO WILL BE BORN ON JULY 4TH. THIS IS OUR FIRST BABY AND WE'VE GONE THRU ALOT TO BECOME PREGNANT. MY HUSBAND IS FROM THE ALEUT TRIBE AND I'M FROM THE CHEROKEE TRIBE. WE CANT AFFORD MUCH AS I SEE THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. MY G/F TOLD ME SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE THIS FOR ME. MY HUSBAND AND I DONT KNOW MANY PEOPLE AND ARE LOOKING FOR SOME HELP.

PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY INFORMATION AT PRINCESS3FEATHER@AOL.COM
I ALSO LIVE IN THE CENTRAL VALLEY OF CALIFORNIA.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE

Last edited by princesss3feather; 03-12-2006 at 08:18 PM..
princesss3feather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #2
Fry Bread Taste Tester

turtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond reputeturtleclaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Sekoh
Couple of questions? if you don't mind.
What style cradleboard are you seeking? With so many tribal variations to choose from. The cost could range from a couple hundred to thousands.Also what Tslagi band do you come from? Eastern or Western? I don't know too many people from the Eastern Band. I run with A few Cherokee's from Oklahoma. In fact the reason i'm writing you is we are all heading up to Jay Okla. for a family Pau-Wau and Stomp this weekend. we were going to stop at the culture center and gift shop at the nation also . if your interested in a Cherokee CradleBoard i could ask around while were there. Did The Aleut's use CradleBoards? i'll e-mail you guys on what i find. Onen
Old 04-24-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
????????

oufeehc is a glorious beacon of light
well, first of all, congrats on the baby thing. hehe, that's cool, he'll have the same birthday as me! different year, of course but yeah. if you're looking for a cheap one, and you just want a cradle board, you should check the pueblo style cradle boards, they're just flat pieces of wood with ties, but they serve the purpose. I and my mother's side of the family were all carried in ours, and it's gone through i have no idea how many generations, and it's being used by my cousin at the moment. but my uncle calls it the cutting board because of the shape and simplicity. so if you consider that, i think that it would help you. i hope that helped, and, again, congratulations!!!!
oufeehc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Here are some photos to give you idea of what we are all talking about. The "cutting Board" is more Eastern in use and the North as well as Oklahoma. Some are decorated with just plain cloth, ribbonwork, and beadwork. The basket one was made in N.C. Then there are the elaborate Kiowa/Comanche as well as the Sioux style which does not use sticks. Once you make up your mind on which style...there is no stopping the possiblities of design. And Good Luck on the baby. They say putting a baby in a carrier is good for the child..

tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
Here is the basket and then Kiowa, Comanche and Sioux.

tipis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
Jingle Dancer

~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
What kind is this one(attatcment)? Can anyone tell me? Also where do you look for them? Anyone have any pics of Mi'kmaq styles? Or any Chickasaw or OK Native ones?
Attached Thumbnails
cboard3.jpg  

MizzQaqimat's Space
~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links