Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts faked plumes faked plumes

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2004, 10:59 AM   #81
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
FancyFemale49 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
faked plumes...any fo sale

well girlies im lookin to purchase 2 faked plumes...i tried the technique from meetmeinthegarden lols and no luck...but yah my email addy is on my profile...thanks a bunch
FancyFemale49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2004, 06:52 PM   #82
Junior Dancer

Summerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond repute
:6: :Wave : Hi I'm a Newbie here, and I'd love to see!!

Summerwaters
Summerwaters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2004, 06:57 PM   #83
Junior Dancer

Summerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond reputeSummerwaters has a reputation beyond repute
WOW, WTG on your feathers! Very Nice~

Old 08-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #84
Junior Dancer

WOW, WTG on your feathers! Very Nice~

Thanks for sharing! Do you make other things? Would they be on sale? Can we see them as well, PLEEEZE?!

Summerwaters
Old 09-24-2004, 11:26 PM   #85
Pow Wow Visitor

ClarindaYazzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking ooh I like....

Please e-mail me with instructions again....I need some. Here is my [email protected]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetmeinthegarden
I found an awesome imitation for plumes...have you ever seen those feather boas that they sell at costume shops that are like plumes? Use that....thread the string up a shishkabob skewer and add in a few feather tips and there you go...insta full plumes!! I even found that I added peices of the boa into my full set of plumes and it looked even better. If you can't find them in the right color...dye the feathers in strong coffee for just 20-30 seconds, wash them off with soap, rinse very well, and blow them dry on a high heat setting ( to make them even fluffier) and they look PERFECT!!!!

May even you could dye the tips of feathers to imitate blacktips, with the coffee as well in spots and for a longer period of time, I haven't tried that yet though.....

I made 3 sets of full plumes that look incredible for $12.00 Cdn!

Have Fun!
ClarindaYazzie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-08-2004, 05:25 PM   #86
Tiny Tot Dancer

myrnie1209 is on a distinguished road
good job ladies. They look great. thanks for the tip
myrnie1209 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2005, 02:21 AM   #87
Tiny Tot Dancer

DancersMom is a jewel in the rough
hi sorry new to this thread thing but I have an idea for the skewer. If you use a turkey feather just strip from the bottom till you get the desired tip and glue the boa right to the quil of the feather. Just an idea to try. I like the idea and I am going to try it myself.
DancersMom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2005, 11:38 AM   #88
Northern Trad Dancer

alumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond repute
alumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond reputealumphfres has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 16,513.61
OK, You've got me interested. I wanna see some pictures.
alumphfres is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2005, 05:53 PM   #89
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancersMom
hi sorry new to this thread thing but I have an idea for the skewer. If you use a turkey feather just strip from the bottom till you get the desired tip and glue the boa right to the quil of the feather. Just an idea to try. I like the idea and I am going to try it myself.
Hey that's a good idea! I just found a boa last month in Idaho and have been meaning to try it out now.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2005, 09:27 PM   #90
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
alumphres... there are pics on some of the other pages of this thread.. I'm not sure exactly which pages, but I'm wanting to say 2 and 3 or 3 and 4.. check em out
Old 02-01-2005, 02:16 AM   #91
PowWows.com Addicts

~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute
~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute
dang this thread is still alive?? LOL... well the last plumes i was posta send out are still in a box LMAO and i even got harrassed bout it... i dont blame her tho she paid for em... now i gotta see if i can get her mailing address without her sayin something snarky to me... hmmmm... but yeah i just made some lil ones for my daughter!! im gettin better at it lol... dang what a weird skill to have... lmao
~*DopeLilMama*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2005, 12:58 PM   #92
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Dawn of the dead thread!
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2005, 02:27 PM   #93
Tiny Tot Dancer

it is good to have these threads here because us newbies get a chance to learn from them I have just started on the Pow Wow.com thing and it is so great. I come from a small town and there are very few dancers here. My husband has not been involved in his culture and I am white. I had know idea how to make any thing i just took pics and made my daughtes first outfit from that. It is so cool getting all these tips. Thanks everyone
Old 02-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #94
Tiny Tot Dancer

I have a silly question for someone out there. I was looking through a JB cataloge and they had the fluff feathers and the tips were colored in different colors. I have never seen a fake plume with colors but thought it might be neat. Is this not a good thing to do. Sorry I know nothing of the culture behind it. I just thought it would be cool and add to the Regaila.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #95
PowWows.com Addicts

~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute
~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute
iunno??? some ppl have like yellow fluffy thingies at the base of their plumes.... or red... actually on my side feathers (which arent plumes btw) i have the ends of hot pink hackles at the base of em... i used to have lil white side feathers with light blue hackles at the ends... iunno bout havin color on the tips of plumes tho??? maybe? i'm not brave enough to try it tho...
~*DopeLilMama*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #96
the legal plumes lady!

walela49 has a reputation beyond repute
walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00

Last edited by walela49; 04-25-2008 at 12:15 AM..
walela49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2005, 06:27 AM   #97
Pow wow artisian

redstone_on_warpath will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetmeinthegarden
they are pretty tall, but no taller than the other ones i had. I used 3 skewers to set them up...there are real plumes in there somewhere but i filled it in with other stuff. well...no maybe they are a little taller...i dunno...i should measure them...are they too tall do you think?
Wow thoes plumes were great lookin' i liked the bead work too. were the plumes/skewers wraped with the feather Boa u were telling us about? if so that is one great job fluffing up the boa. looks good keep up the good work keep showing us your work ok - [email protected]

Last edited by redstone_on_warpath; 03-06-2005 at 06:31 AM..
redstone_on_warpath is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #98
smoke & ladies tradish

3ndnbear is a name known to all
Credits: 170.00
ok. so i bought a boa, bout some floral wire and then my boa is wrapped in string, No cord to feed up threw.. aghhhh... so i cant even feed 20 gauge wire up more than three inches at a time. there is no cord center. Just six strand that are twisted and then separate when I try to shove a wire up the middle. But it looks really nice. I wish I could do this. And yes i need to dye the feathers a tad to match my real plumes. But they look yummy so far. Nice and fat! great idea! (am I using a different type of boa?)
3ndnbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2005, 04:16 PM   #99
Junior Dancer

southern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to beholdsouthern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 456.16
Cool Boaz

ok so id thought id help all ya'll out with the boa issue heres a sitei have ordered from in the past great products so here ya go oh yea feel free to send me rep points lol!! jk oh yea anyone got ne fakies for sale?

www.ostrich.com all your boa / feather needs

oh yea visit www.southern-xtreme.com southern style pw songs pix audio all that good stuff

Last edited by southern_xtreme2k5; 05-25-2005 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: just kuz
southern_xtreme2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #100
Junior Dancer

southern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to beholdsouthern_xtreme2k5 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 456.16
Thumbs up my try @ the plumes

if anyone is out there that still reads this thread heres my try @ the fakies.

[email protected] if want more info
Attached Thumbnails
plume3.jpg   plumeset.jpg  
southern_xtreme2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links