Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts faked plumes faked plumes

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #121
Kenora Gal

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
fly with me is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Where can I buy Imitation plumes or boas? We have a Fabric Land but I have to drive to three or four hours drive. Or do you know any online sites I can buy it from? that are cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetmeinthegarden View Post
I found an awesome imitation for plumes...have you ever seen those feather boas that they sell at costume shops that are like plumes? Use that....thread the string up a shishkabob skewer and add in a few feather tips and there you go...insta full plumes!! I even found that I added peices of the boa into my full set of plumes and it looked even better. If you can't find them in the right color...dye the feathers in strong coffee for just 20-30 seconds, wash them off with soap, rinse very well, and blow them dry on a high heat setting ( to make them even fluffier) and they look PERFECT!!!!

May even you could dye the tips of feathers to imitate blacktips, with the coffee as well in spots and for a longer period of time, I haven't tried that yet though.....

I made 3 sets of full plumes that look incredible for $12.00 Cdn!

Have Fun!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #122
Fancy Shawl Dancer

Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 368.00
Savings: 1.00
tips?

How do you attach the tip feather? And what gauge wire? Ive been trying it out, but no luck on the tip feather yet. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #123
Pow Wow Visitor

kahawitha687 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Where can I buy Imitation plumes or boas? We have a Fabric Land but I have to drive to three or four hours drive. Or do you know any online sites I can buy it from? that are cheap?

Try googling JoAnn Fabrics or Hancock Fabrics. then searching for "feather Boas"
kahawitha687 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #124
NaiTooYeePuutTaiKee

khalua is a splendid one to beholdkhalua is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 277.00
fake plumes

Okay this is a great idea now i'm wondering if someone can help out. I've dressed boys (i have 4 boys and now a girl :) how do i measure to determine the hieght of the plume?
khalua is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #125
Tiny Tot Dancer

jamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,390.31
Question Plumes

So that's how there fluffy. Boas?

Last edited by jamie1980; 11-12-2015 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Mis spelled word
jamie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2015, 03:39 AM   #126
Tiny Tot Dancer

jamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,390.31
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetmeinthegarden View Post
yeah I did. they are the longest most inconspicuous thing I could find, plus they look better than wire. I haven't wrapped them yet though.
What would make them look better?
you could get thread from the mudhole there basses in floridia. They have a huge selection of matalic and holographic thread. Also tinsel aka flashbau.here is the websight.themudhole.com.
Sponsored Links