Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By OLChemist
  • 2 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 1 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 3 Post By OLChemist
  • 1 Post By Sunktaki

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > General Crafts Feather work book Feather work book

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
jamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,390.31
Savings: 0.00
Feather work book

Will there be a book on feather work? I'm interested in knowing. Because I love feather work. If there is I'm interested to know.

Last edited by jamie1980; 11-23-2015 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Mis spelled word
jamie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2015, 09:54 PM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,207.08
This mostly deals with on making painted replicas:

Focus on Feathers

In my experience, you just need to dive in. You get nice featherwork the same way you get to Carnegie Hall -- practice, practice, practice :)
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

jamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond reputejamie1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
This mostly deals with on making painted replicas:

Focus on Feathers

In my experience, you rjust need to dive in. You get nice featherwork the same way you get to Carnegie Hall -- practice, practice, practice :)
for me I learn by some one teaching me. Then I. Put what I've learned to use. It helps to learn from others that way your keeping the traditions alive
Old 11-29-2015, 07:17 PM   #4
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,456.89
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1980 View Post
for me I learn by some one teaching me. Then I. Put what I've learned to use. It helps to learn from others that way your keeping the traditions alive
To learn from someone teaching you, they have to be next to you. I would never have learned peyote stitch from a book or the internet. I was taught 'hands on'.

You are not keeping 'alive the the traditions' by asking all the questions you ask in the many forums you ask in.

You will keep the traditions alive by finding people in your area of living...not the internet.
Sunktaki and windanncer like this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
To learn from someone teaching you, they have to be next to you. I would never have learned peyote stitch from a book or the internet. I was taught 'hands on'.

You are not keeping 'alive the the traditions' by asking all the questions you ask in the many forums you ask in.

You will keep the traditions alive by finding people in your area of living...not the internet.
True. But there are not many natives in savannah georgia. And as far as talking to any one.I would not know who to talk to.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:35 PM   #6
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,456.89
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1980 View Post
True. But there are not many natives in savannah georgia. And as far as talking to any one.I would not know who to talk to.
Then there are no traditions to be kept alive if you have none.

There are NDN'S everywhere. You need to look harder in and around Savanah.
windanncer likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,207.08
And there is this lovely new thing called a car. Georgia is relatively small, you can go other places.

As JD says, Indians are everywhere. You just need to look.
wardancer, Sunktaki and jamie1980 like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

Angry No car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
And there is this lovely new thing called a car. Georgia is relatively small, you can go other places.

As JD says, Indians are everywhere. You just need to look.
im sorry to say I can not drive.so I do not have the luxury of driving. If I did I would be at every powwow even gathering of nations
Old 12-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #9
goofball

Items ElephantPresent
Sunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond repute
Sunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond reputeSunktaki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,205.77
No offense but there are plenty of Natives in Georgia, as I have sent work there, but you once again just want to do it the easy way, have people tell you what to do, some artists don't share their ways of doing things ...just because it is their way...and expecting people to come run and teach ain't gonna happen...told you this on Facebook...
subeeds likes this.
Sunktaki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links