PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Grass Dancing (http://forums.powwows.com/f22/)
-   -   Any1 seen rising tinytot or jr dancers? (http://forums.powwows.com/f22/any1-seen-rising-tinytot-jr-dancers-11522/)

Nezbah 06-24-2003 09:01 PM

Any1 seen rising tinytot or jr dancers?

Just out of curiousity..... Since we are always praisin our peers and elders.... I wanna know who ya'all think are the up and coming tinytot or jr dancers!!!! Have any ya'all seen ones that really catch your eye? Boys, Gurls, whatever category. Have to give some cheers to all these lil guys n gurls...... They are the ones to watch for in years to come.... Future Champions and Championettes....:clap: :41:

Mine: This one lil boy chicken grass dancer....he's all into it. Kudos out to the parents n family for teachin him to dance!!! I can't member his name...but dang...**thinks he's a tinytot too**

JDD 4 life 07-01-2003 08:44 PM

upcomers

Gavin Begay:chicken dancer, he should be really good as he gets older, cause he's good now and he's just gettin out of tiny tots

Creighton(?) Scabbyrobe: grass dancer, he's in juniors, and he's good

Randy P's little boy he' s gonna be good as he gets older

WRen 07-02-2003 05:48 PM

It goes without saying that you gotta watch those Renville boys on the LTR. ;)
There's also this little guy in Sisseton who can really grassdance. I have no idea what his name is (but I'll find out if I see him this year), but my mother-in-law and I nearly kidnapped him and took him home last year. And he just parked and danced in front of my MIL like he was dancing just for her. So cute!
-W

Scrubmaster JD Dawg 07-08-2003 01:54 PM

There are a couple guys up this way in Washington (that haven't been mentioned):

Dakota Madera (just got into teens)
Mario Holly
Red Thunder ??? from Lapwai (dances like a little man)

tradish_wiyan 07-11-2003 02:04 PM

There is a grass dancer from Fort Peck rez that is "tha bomb", I think his last name is Smoker. He must be in juniors now, but when he was a tiny tot, he had some moves that blew some of the older dancers out of the water.

A few years ago (like 7), I saw Joe Sam Scabby Robe dancing off with a tiny tot grass dancer...to a trick song...Man, Joe got bucked off and that little guy stopped on a dime and gave him some change...he was tha bomb (but I forget his name...this was at poplar indian days):Bomb

Wakalapi 07-11-2003 03:12 PM

Mario Hawley danced boys' tradish for several years, but I believe he now dances grass. I am not sure when he made the change, maybe he danced both styles for awhile or something, too. He has been quite popular and was famous for showing up even the best mens' traditional dancers at an early age.

This link is a photo from the University of Washington Winter Powwow in January 2003, a group of boys' grass dancers. Mario is the one in the foreground, yellow outfit with light blue yarns.

http://www.nwpowwow.com/Pictures/200...er/grass05.jpg

Nezbah 07-11-2003 03:21 PM

OMG....Wakalapai....

That is mah lil boy dancin behind him. Turquoise with white fringe :D. Thanks for postin that link, I had no idea he was in there. Oh yeah, I think that was the Jr Boyz grass and mah lil one was just in there for the fun of it (he's still a tinytot at 3). But he sure luvs to dance. See ya on da trail Wakalapai.

PS....Yes, he also 'won' the intertribal trick contest (a indian taco :D) that weekend too. Don't know if you remember that. Anyhows................:D Have fun.

Wakalapi 07-15-2003 01:38 PM

Oh yes, there was also a Womens' Special featuring the coveted Indian Taco Award. :rolleyes: :Chatter

ALSO ....
I've shaken this young dude's hand many times but his name currently escapes me. This pic is from the West Seattle High School Powwow, March 1, 2003.

http://www.nwpowwow.com/Pictures/200...oysGrass01.jpg

just_someone 07-15-2003 03:36 PM

Those are very interesting.

Makes me wonder..............

traditional dancer 07-16-2003 03:06 PM

I can't remember her name but she's a tiny jr. fancy dancer and she's Cindy Gadwa's daughter (I think, but she's definitely a Gadwa). She looks too small for jrs. but she's got some wicked moves for such a young and tiny dancer, a future champion for sure :)

knocturnal 07-22-2003 10:13 AM

did ne of u guys hear of jaycob johnson

Wakalapi 07-29-2003 02:25 PM

James Blacketer (Yakima/Nisqually). He also dances fancy bustle.

Roobz 07-29-2003 03:00 PM

siouxmommy 08-08-2003 12:56 PM

Eldon Owens

saponitainomom 06-01-2004 10:41 AM

There are two tiny tots I think are up and coming if they stick with it. Luis Rolon-grass and Tyler Richardson-traditional. Both are from NC.

little sister 06-01-2004 02:40 PM

Rueben Littlehead has a little boy that is going to be a good fancy dancer. He's only about 5 or so now.

little-ree 06-01-2004 04:58 PM

OH mugosh...My nephew's lil boy Marshall Baker!!!This little guy's hot & he's barely 2!:flaming: :flaming:He's Wade Baker's grandson & man! He's got some kickazz outfits & one even matches his mom and dad's-TahneeWilliams n DarnellBaker.

baby2 06-22-2004 09:41 PM

Derek Stanley.... was in Jr grass, he'll be one of those to watch out for in Men's!
(he should hit those U.S. pow wows more often too...:)

Roobz 06-22-2004 09:47 PM

BurBz 06-23-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little sister
Rueben Littlehead has a little boy that is going to be a good fancy dancer. He's only about 5 or so now.

OMG!! I haven't seen Matilda and Rueben in soooo long!! Matilda is like family of mine!!! :D... last i seen them was at gathering like about 3 years ago! wow!! Hope they are doing well!! :)