Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which do you use???
shoes 1 3.70%
hard soles 14 51.85%
soft soles 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Grass Dancing which do you use ??? which do you use ???

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2003, 07:52 PM   #1
Martin

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Question which do you use ???

I'm having trouble deciding on what to use for foot wear
what do you use or see other dancers using

1 Shoes
2hardsoled Mocs
3 softsoled Mocs

Also which is going to be easier to bead /care for etc
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2003, 10:42 AM   #2
Guakia Taino Yahabo

Tvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 323.00
Savings: 0.00
Ive gone through a range of footwear dancing grass. Mocs are good but you definitely want to sew a latigo soel onto them cause they WILL wear out fast.

another thing Ive tried out was some of those mocashoes..you know the scuba shoes that are beaded. For dancing, they are exellent!! Good grip, they last a long time and they fit snugh on your feet.BUT..there are alot of peopel who dont like this type of footwear so it is your choice and preferance.
I prefer nice beaded mocs with soles that I can switch out but if Im dacning for exhibition(schools, functions or whatever) where cahnces are its on pavement, Ill go with the mocashoes.

I have lots of freinds, you just cant see them:)

Last edited by Tvskekee; 08-30-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Tvskekee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2003, 05:04 PM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
me personally, i like the feel of aqua socks when i'm grass dancing.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Unhappy

I have soft but I'll switch to hard. These stones and rocks hurt man!
Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2003, 01:48 AM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

the-grass-punk is an unknown quantity at this point
i have hard but the rocks sometimes hurt so i put that gellin stuff like in the commercial

laughter is the most powerful thing in the world
the-grass-punk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2003, 08:11 AM   #6
bemadazawin

oldstylegrass is on a distinguished road
beaded gum boots are the bomb
Old 11-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #7
Junior Dancer

Bingo_Orphan is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 70.00
I use soft sole mocs with a hard latigo glued not sewn onto the bottom with athletic support soles inside. The reason I glue instead of sew is because it's easier to replace than taking the entire sole off and resoleing. Once you wear out a sole, about one summer, all you do is rip off the old one and glue another on and you still have the soft sole intact.
I have tried to cut out aquasocks and glue those on but it's hard finding a pair that actually match the shape of my moccasin, even if I cut it to shape. Wrestling shoe soles provide about the best support. But I'm a fancy dancer so it might be a little different.
Bingo_Orphan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2004, 12:43 PM   #8
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,751.64
Hehehe...

Hmm...moccasins wear out? I've worn the same soft soled moccasins for the past 5 years. They are made out of tanned young moose hide and beaver. Good shoes anyhow.
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Numunnu Teh-da Puku Nu

Redstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 290.00
Well I will have to beat the 5 year mark there. I have had my pair for 30 years, they were made by my mom's cousin in the late 70's. Hard sole, okie style. Grant you I use them only for straight dancing.
Redstone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #10
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,751.64
Update: My mocs finally blew a flat... time to knock down another moose !
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links