Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Grass Dancing Grass Dance Steps Steps Steps Grass Dance Steps Steps Steps

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Leslie Stonechild is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Grass Dance Steps Steps Steps

Grass Dancers!!!!!!!!!

Since I am just strictly dancing in my basement for now, hahahahahahaha, and can't get to a Pow-wow until sometime in the summer. I was wanting to get some Dancers input into Grass Dance Steps!

These are some of the the things that I have figure out!

Basic Step-- How would you define it?
I do the heel tap and go around switching front-side-back to the front again switiching feet, meanwhile my standing leg is doing a little hop with side to side feel

Honor Beat steps--Any difference?
I try to drop a few feet and switch it up with a spin left and right, other things are like foot drags using the top side of your moc, how much is tradish vs Contemp? I dunno Know but I like really shakin' it during these beats

Tricks or style--I'll keep those ones until I can really kick it some day!!!!!hahahaha

Other Styles--some dancers i heard incorporte a few other styles like fancy or chicken into some of their steps. What you think!????
Old 03-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
~~~Teen Grass Dancer~~~

ABgrassdancer is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 298.10
Stay Low

ABgrassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
Teen Dancer

Jammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 220.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Stonechild
Grass Dancers!!!!!!!!!

Since I am just strictly dancing in my basement for now, hahahahahahaha, and can't get to a Pow-wow until sometime in the summer. I was wanting to get some Dancers input into Grass Dance Steps!

These are some of the the things that I have figure out!

Basic Step-- How would you define it?
I do the heel tap and go around switching front-side-back to the front again switiching feet, meanwhile my standing leg is doing a little hop with side to side feel

Honor Beat steps--Any difference?
I try to drop a few feet and switch it up with a spin left and right, other things are like foot drags using the top side of your moc, how much is tradish vs Contemp? I dunno Know but I like really shakin' it during these beats

Tricks or style--I'll keep those ones until I can really kick it some day!!!!!hahahaha

Other Styles--some dancers i heard incorporte a few other styles like fancy or chicken into some of their steps. What you think!????
Every dancer pretty much has their own way of doing things. You can take 10 different dancers and most of the time they have their own flavor I guess you could call it. Some may dance and hit a step on every beat, others may hit a step on every other beat. I guess it depends on what you like doing, how fast and hard you want to dance and how much stamina you got.
It's everyone's perogative as to how they want to dance, in my opinion, if you dancing grass then ya should dance grass, if ya dance chicken then do it the chicken way. Granted I've seen some incorporate these different steps into one another. I look at it like this, you wouldn't see a southern cloth or ladies tradish kicken up their heels like a fancy shawl or a jingle style or vise versa. The same goes for the mens style. Keep to the basics, and you can't go wrong.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:04 AM   #4
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,334.91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer
Every dancer pretty much has their own way of doing things. You can take 10 different dancers and most of the time they have their own flavor I guess you could call it. Some may dance and hit a step on every beat, others may hit a step on every other beat. I guess it depends on what you like doing, how fast and hard you want to dance and how much stamina you got.
It's everyone's perogative as to how they want to dance, in my opinion, if you dancing grass then ya should dance grass, if ya dance chicken then do it the chicken way. Granted I've seen some incorporate these different steps into one another. I look at it like this, you wouldn't see a southern cloth or ladies tradish kicken up their heels like a fancy shawl or a jingle style or vise versa. The same goes for the mens style. Keep to the basics, and you can't go wrong.
And this is for sure what the man means when he says "dance your style dancers!"
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Red Menace

Nakoda man is on a distinguished road
hmmz

Dance like USHER or KEVIN COSTNERlol, wiggle shake ur body,head knobbing,wit ur eyez big and round and lips outward like ur concentrating.lol enough said, and oh stay low,nah on tha real,do it how ever u want to dance,ur enviroment surroundingz reprezentz yah.PCE
Have no hard feeling toward anyone who has not shown you enmity,do not fight with anyone who does not oppose you.Those who are good at knighthood are not militaristic,those who are good at battle do not become angry,planning should be in secret, attack should be swift. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Last edited by Nakoda man; 03-29-2005 at 08:24 PM..
Nakoda man is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2005, 02:51 AM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

buffalo69 is an unknown quantity at this point
The way I dance

First I limp around sorta like my leg was broken
THen I would break down in a fit or convulsion
jks thats just the humpty dance
buffalo69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
Red Menace

Nakoda man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo69
First I limp around sorta like my leg was broken
THen I would break down in a fit or convulsion
jks thats just the humpty dance

Do tha westcost hipddy dance too,tha way snoop dogg & WC of westside connection do it,limp to tha side and to tha other side. hippdy hop hippydy hop,lol
Have no hard feeling toward anyone who has not shown you enmity,do not fight with anyone who does not oppose you.Those who are good at knighthood are not militaristic,those who are good at battle do not become angry,planning should be in secret, attack should be swift. Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Nakoda man is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links