Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Grass Dancing regalia help regalia help

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 PM   #21
Fancy Shawl Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 368.00
Savings: 1.00
treating the ribbon

Did you treat the ends of the ribbon with anything, so that it wont fray? If not, you can use frey check or frey stop, apply a little to the ends, and it will help prevent fraying. You can get it at the fabric section in wal mart, and is a life saver for regalia. I dance fancy shawl, and use it on all my ribbon work.
The outfit is adorable, you did a wonderful job!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

Elke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant futureElke has a brilliant future
Credits: 266.10
Savings: 0.00
For the little guys outfit----

take a candle-- burning and than put the fringes of satin ribon near the flame-- it melts it down-- that prefents for ribbing of.

To go through the Cloth of the cape with the yarn fringes is one way-- but sometimes, the cloth is not very smooth after that.

sorry, I dont have a pic of that at the moment.

what also works.... you cut the yarn--- I normally take a different coloured pice of yarn in the length of the double fringe and make small bundles and cut them-- to put everything over a cardboard will work, but the fringes are not so equal- as I noticed

than you take some ribbon, like fox braid--i think it is called like that in English, or coton ribbon and put the fringes throug that ribbon-- you can make knots-- or sew over it later-- like I did here:
Tiny-Tod Grassdance Outfit-Wet Grass - Redstar-tradingpost

Here I put the fringes directly through the cloth:

Hope that helpes--- if it is not good to understand-- I can try to explain it again- hope better.

Best regards from Elke
Elke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #23
Pow Wow Visitor

short apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond reputeshort apache girl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindi View Post
I finished it!
I decided to use ribbon because a friend told me that when you use yarn, it picks up everything from the ground and it is hard to get it all out of the yarn..and when they're little, the yarn gets full of stuff, so I will wait to make it with yarn.
I experimented with different ways of attaching the ribbon. I also just sewed the apron to the pants. I have never done this before so it isn't wonderful, but I think it's a good first try.
front:

back:
awsome! very cute
short apache girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
Chahta Champion

ChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 239.93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinfancy View Post
You poke a hole in the fabric and tey make needles for fringe to thread the fringe through then you just tie it in a knot in the fringe close to the fabric. I do make outfits for people so if you decide you would rather have someone else do it just let me know. I hope this helps.
so...you make outfits huh...PM me please!!! I REALLY NEED A NEW ONE!!
ChahtaGrasser is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #25
Chahta Champion

ChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond reputeChahtaGrasser has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 239.93
Quote:
Originally Posted by short apache girl View Post
awsome! very cute
That's really good for a baby's first one!
ChahtaGrasser is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links