Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Grass Dancing roach and fishing swivels roach and fishing swivels

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
NaiTooYeePuutTaiKee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
khalua is a splendid one to beholdkhalua is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 277.00
Savings: 0.00
roach and fishing swivels

I've come across the idea of connecting the roach feathers by fishing swivels so they're easily removed and stored but can't remember how it's done... does anyone have a link or instructions?

thanks
khalua is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
NaiTooYeePuutTaiKee

khalua is a splendid one to beholdkhalua is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 277.00
found it!!

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/gen...-feathers.html
khalua is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 121,060.76
Savings: 1.00
Easiest way to do it to get a barrel swivel (a snap swivel without the snap. lol) and heat shrink tubing. Slide the heat shrink up on the quill, and insert one end of the barrel swivel into the cut end of the quill. Slide the heat shrink back down on the swivel right before the rotating part and heat it up. The shrinking will hold tight on the feather and the ring of the swivel.

Now cut a dowel to fit into the ring of the other end of the swivel (about 1 1/2" long). Make a hole in the bottom of the cup, or whatever you're using big enough for the other end of the swivel. Put the feather in the cup, push the swivel through the hole and insert the dowel through the swivel ring. Your feather is now locked in place. When you're ready to take the feather out, remove the dowel and put your feather up.

Did I get you confused? LOL

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Easiest way to do it to get a barrel swivel (a snap swivel without the snap. lol) and heat shrink tubing. Slide the heat shrink up on the quill, and insert one end of the barrel swivel into the cut end of the quill. Slide the heat shrink back down on the swivel right before the rotating part and heat it up. The shrinking will hold tight on the feather and the ring of the swivel.

Now cut a dowel to fit into the ring of the other end of the swivel (about 1 1/2" long). Make a hole in the bottom of the cup, or whatever you're using big enough for the other end of the swivel. Put the feather in the cup, push the swivel through the hole and insert the dowel through the swivel ring. Your feather is now locked in place. When you're ready to take the feather out, remove the dowel and put your feather up.

Did I get you confused? LOL
Then cross your fingers and toes and hope the metal on the swivel doesn't break during your contest.........
Old 03-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 121,060.76
Use Sampo barrel swivels. And you bullet dancers need to put Duro Cement, velcro and duct tape on those fedders!!!

How ya doin, FF!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
AnishTradish

anishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond reputeanishtradish has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I've never trusted swivels, but I use em. I just have a safety catch string sewn through the feather shaft and connect it to the film canisters or whatever you use on your spreader. I leave it long enough so it doesn't interfere with the spinning. That way if the spinner ever breaks, your feather just hangs there. Happened to me with one of my hornbill feathers, and Wendell came and saved the day lol. Had no clue my roach feather was just hanging behind me.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Use Sampo barrel swivels. And you bullet dancers need to put Duro Cement, velcro and duct tape on those fedders!!!

How ya doin, FF!!
U got it JD.....u da MAN!!! I'm do'n alright......bout a 8.5......somewherez around there anyway. Get'n ready for Denver March.......u gonna be there???