Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Grass Dancing "who Is The Grand Daddy Of Em All" "who Is The Grand Daddy Of Em All"

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2004, 10:02 PM   #21
Oldfart

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Re: Re: Re: "who Is The Grand Daddy Of Em All"

Quote:
Originally posted by Dancin by the bay
Who is WTF tradish?
:Thumbs

:Cooler
That's funny
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #22
Red Menace

Nakoda man is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by sltate
You guys are funny! Anyways....I understood the thread when I read it on the Gatherings board. And my vote goes to my dad, Jonathon Windyboy. Excellent portrayal of grass dance style. He won in Canada too, the summers I saw him up there. I also had a chance to experience the ceremony at Rocky Boy that goes with this dance.
Yep, Jonathon Windyboy.
Sltate, you mean Johnny boy is ur pops?
Nakoda man is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 02:00 AM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

cynthosi3@aol.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY LEE JACK JR.,JONATHAN WINDYBOY,AND THAT BAKER DUDE FR NEBRASKA , PRETTY SOON IT WILL BE THAT HOMEBOY FR THE DINE NATION CRAIG SORRELL :clap: :Jumping: :D :D
Old 03-12-2004, 02:23 AM   #24
Junior Dancer

krazie_engine is a glorious beacon of light
Anywayz.... I agree with dancin by the bay. Kenny Scabbyrobe is one of the grand daddies of grass dance. Jonathan Windyboy is up there too.
krazie_engine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 05:43 AM   #25
Tiny Tot Dancer

buffalo69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yalls trippin

Yalls sound like a buncha rooks, ya best pull it togetha before you choke on the sh*t commin oucha mouthz, lol @ BD smokin a bit too much on da chronic. True dat tho. Seen a coupla fools smokin and drinkin like representin is a party or sum sh*t, party only lasts so till ya stop winnin fools.....like one of the grand daddies, Blue Jay, said "I seen em come and go"...so yalls best get goin.

Anyways, much props to Mizz WB, yo pops is da grand daddy, he ain't just "up der", he IS der, when you seen what I seen K.Engine, you would know this mayn.

Anutha one is and still remainz to be in the hearts and mindz of all champion grazz dancas.....he was much more than just a champion danca...he was in every true sense of the word, and in its most masculine form...beauty. It was beauty set in motion by the liquid movement of a mastermind. To the respect of this individual, who has gone on, and his family I dare not mention his name. Because those of yall who know...KNOW. He was the true bad azz mofo.

Thas all I know and as far as I can go back...I am sho thur wuz sum gootwons befo, now justa buncha ole onez frontin like tha OG, but yall seen wit BJ WB and this other gentlemen, greatness ain't told wit the lips, its provin wit the hipz...hope yallz ain't to ignit to see that.
buffalo69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 06:01 AM   #26
Tiny Tot Dancer

buffalo69 is an unknown quantity at this point
oops bout laffin

I know I wuz laffin bout BD smokin lil too much, I neva agree wit drinkin smokin and dancin, this way of grass dance life don't mix wit drinkin or smokin for fun or for laffs, it don't matta...jus don't belong. But that BD danced circles round every grassa in da country....yearz back didn't even need to say his full name...jus had to say Brandon and peeps knew...he wuz the champ in teenz and has schooled everyone at one point in time...if ya ask me he still is mo innovative than most of da chumps who walk round thinkin they iz big sh*t cuz they won such and such....his style preceded him and heez still, from a dancer's perspectiv, one of tha best. Most of those hot headz neva make it 5 yearz, they start drinkin and gettin a big head bout sh*t...when yalls last 25 yearz dancin grass...like sum these grand daddiez...then ya can start chumpin peeps bout what they got and what they don't got
buffalo69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #27
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I could only understand pieces of previous posts. I kind of get it though. I had to read it several times. This new language is hard to decipher. What is it called. Ebonics or something like that?

I'm not (haha) dissing you. I'm just old.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #28
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
I could only understand pieces of previous posts. I kind of get it though. I had to read it several times. This new language is hard to decipher. What is it called. Ebonics or something like that?

I'm not (haha) dissing you. I'm just old.
Kiwehnzee your not old cuz I'm not old and I've taken foreign languages but this new language is off the charts.

Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 01:14 PM   #29
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Savings: 1.00
Lightbulb Dean Fox

Jonathon Windy Boy

Wambli Charging Eagle

Rusty Gillette

Ron Mcnabb

Taken Alive (Can't remember his first name)

Jim Ironshell (one of the 1st I ever saw)
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 03:41 PM   #30
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 336.00
Re: Dean Fox

Quote:
Originally posted by Coyot_In_The_House

Taken Alive (Can't remember his first name)
Isn't he Jesse Taken Alive? Or Jason? Or something like that? Sounds like one of our past tribal chairs.

Anyways, another vote for Kenny Scabbyrobe.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:27 AM   #31
Banned

SnAgGiN*HoNeY is infamous around these parts
the gran daddy hmm
SnAgGiN*HoNeY is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2004, 05:37 PM   #32
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Tradish is cool man.*winks at tradish* Bro I agree with you about Darryle. I hope when I'm there ages I'm still dancin. I'll never even come close to being that good but I want to be dancin and hope I have little Dancins dancin next to me.

:p
Hey thanks dbay ;) And Nakoda Man...REPHRASE THE QUESTION!!!!!!!!!! Like we all know what your talking about "grandaddy of em all"

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2004, 05:42 PM   #33
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say Jonathan Windy Boy and ummm....yep...Jonathan.:D

Old 03-15-2004, 05:44 PM   #34
plains n8tv

Re: Re: Re: "who Is The Grand Daddy Of Em All"

Quote:
Who is WTF tradish? I think the grand daddys are Jonathon Windyboy, Kenney Scabbeyrobe, Wade baker, Shane Omaeso. I can remember seein these champs dance when I was a teen ager and man thats what made me want to be dancin grass. Well that and my dad's influenence. These guys were rockin back in the olden days.

:Cooler
Who is WTF?
OMG...LMAO!!!!!!!! :Chatter your too crazy LOL:Chatter :Chatter yep...dbay is my hero!!!:Angel2

Old 03-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #35
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
Jonathon and Alvin took my dad, Ronnie Harris Sr., for a brother several years ago when we first started going to Rocky Boy. They introduced our family to the sweat lodge ceremonies, the grass dance ceremony, and took us into their family. Before we lost our dad, Jonathon knew our dad was ill and he took us as his kids. When we lost our dad, he stayed with our family through the funeral and the four days mourning afterwards and has always been a positive force in our lives. He is the nicest, most supportive person that I have met and he continues to honor that relationship with my brothers and our children. Even though he is not that much older than we are. The fact that he is an excellent dancer, singer and representative for his tribe and his state only adds to his personality and strength as a person.
But, back to the subject......he is the granddaddy of grass dance. He traveled to several tribal celebrations, to canada, and the states and represented this dance with pride and honor. He taught those that are interested in it that there is a ceremony that goes with it, that it is more than just a dance.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #36
plains n8tv

Quote:
Jonathon and Alvin took my dad, Ronnie Harris Sr., for a brother several years ago when we first started going to Rocky Boy. They introduced our family to the sweat lodge ceremonies, the grass dance ceremony, and took us into their family. Before we lost our dad, Jonathon knew our dad was ill and he took us as his kids. When we lost our dad, he stayed with our family through the funeral and the four days mourning afterwards and has always been a positive force in our lives. He is the nicest, most supportive person that I have met and he continues to honor that relationship with my brothers and our children. Even though he is not that much older than we are. The fact that he is an excellent dancer, singer and representative for his tribe and his state only adds to his personality and strength as a person.
But, back to the subject......he is the granddaddy of grass dance. He traveled to several tribal celebrations, to canada, and the states and represented this dance with pride and honor. He taught those that are interested in it that there is a ceremony that goes with it, that it is more than just a dance.
Yeppers...totally agree!!!:D

Old 03-16-2004, 03:28 PM   #37
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Re: Re: Re: Re: "who Is The Grand Daddy Of Em All"

Quote:
Originally posted by tradish_wiyan
Who is WTF?
OMG...LMAO!!!!!!!! :Chatter your too crazy LOL:Chatter :Chatter yep...dbay is my hero!!!:Angel2
:o *blushes*

:flowers: for tradish
Old 03-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #38
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Thumbs up

Quote:
Cool story man.

Old 03-19-2004, 06:16 PM   #39
Junior Dancer

EducatedNdN is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the chance of a womenizing grand daddy changing his way? Anyone care to take a quess? Pride and honor is a daily life value not just for occasion or when wearing dance regalia. A few of these grand daddys are just old and good at talking in the wind so why do we place them on a pedestal?
Old 03-19-2004, 08:12 PM   #40
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
My choices are Jonathan Windy Boy, Marty Makes Room for Them and Jerome Crazy Thunder.
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links