Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By danceman457
  • 1 Post By tigger
  • 1 Post By scottlollar
  • 1 Post By BannockWarrior

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Northern Traditional Dancing Belts, busltes and aprons Belts, busltes and aprons

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
marksolomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Belts, busltes and aprons

HI All just a question

I have fully beaded a breech cloth and side aprons (which attach to a belt)

and of course my bustle attched too

Now I have seen guys wearing thick belts like weight lifters do some with with conchos.

Where do you get these?

should I wear a belt with my apron set and buslte and another one of these thicker belts over top?

thanks

looking for opinions please but also where to get the thicker belts
marksolomon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,751.64
Yo! What you want is some strap leather - you can use leather dye to get the strap leather whatever color you want. Nocbay has a kit for a 3" belt. Otherwise you can dig for the parts on the internet (Tandy leather and many saddle shops also sell strap leather and dyes)I have one of these and ti works out pretty good. Some of my conchos eventually broke off, but most have stayed put over the past few years.
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Northern Tradish

danceman457 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 767.30
Savings: 23.80
i wear my aprons and tabs on one belt and i have a 4 inch wide belt that attaches to my backboard and bustle it helps to break up the top and bottom and instead of conchos i used rosettes.
sookout sh'nob likes this.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
what i do is attach my front and back aprons to a backpackers nylon belt then my side tabs are attached to a beaded belt which when put on covers up the nylon belt, and my buslte is attached to a yarn belt that a friend made me.
wardancer likes this.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Father of Tiny Tot Dancer

scottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 160.00
Savings: 1.00
Let's see... when fully suited up, I'm wearing 4 belts, I think? It's a bit extremem, but it works.
I have one belt that I put my leggings on - a small nylon webbing belt.
I have one belt that has aprons and side-tabs on it - it's a standard leather belt with two-prong buckle.
I have another belt to go over my shirt - plain black leather with my USMC dress blues belt buckle on it.
then a nylon webbing belt less than 1" wide for the bustle.

I put the side tabs and aprons on the same belt because adding a 5th belt in there would have been extreme and crazy! But, I do know quite a few people who attach their bustles to the concho belt, and put leggings, aprons, and side-tabs all on the same belt - that way they only have 2 belts on at any time. Some of those guys tie on their aprons and leggings, instead of using a belt, so they only have the bustle/concho belt to worry with.

Just thought I'd offer some more ideas...
sookout sh'nob likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick to judge,
Quick to anger,
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand.
--Neal Peart(from the song Witch Hunt)
scottlollar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2016, 01:28 AM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

BannockWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 98.44
Should i attach my breechcloth and,side tabs like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlollar View Post
Let's see... when fully suited up, I'm wearing 4 belts, I think? It's a bit extremem, but it works.
I have one belt that I put my leggings on - a small nylon webbing belt.
I have one belt that has aprons and side-tabs on it - it's a standard leather belt with two-prong buckle.
I have another belt to go over my shirt - plain black leather with my USMC dress blues belt buckle on it.
then a nylon webbing belt less than 1" wide for the bustle.

I put the side tabs and aprons on the same belt because adding a 5th belt in there would have been extreme and crazy! But, I do know quite a few people who attach their bustles to the concho belt, and put leggings, aprons, and side-tabs all on the same belt - that way they only have 2 belts on at any time. Some of those guys tie on their aprons and leggings, instead of using a belt, so they only have the bustle/concho belt to worry with.

Just thought I'd offer some more ideas...
Should i sew my side tabs to my leather belt but then cut the breechcloth in half and sew the front half on my belt then for the back i make it so i can run a leather thong through the back half of the breechcloth and tie it under my belt?

Last edited by BannockWarrior; 07-06-2016 at 02:22 AM..
BannockWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2016, 02:21 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

BannockWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 98.44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BannockWarrior View Post
Should i sew my side tabs to my leather belt but then cut the breechcloth in half and sew the front half on my belt then for the back i make it so i can run a leather thong through the back half of the breechcloth and tie it under my belt?
Also my breechcloth is wool trade cloth and my side tabs are leather
windanncer likes this.
BannockWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links