Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree56Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Northern Traditional Dancing Bison horns Bison horns

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scale
Credits: 849.58
Savings: 0.00
I want to apologise if i've been offensive against any tribe member and im really sorry for being offensive , i were planning making a staff with the horns attached but now i wont do it since you guys told me that's offensive and i guess you elders would lie either , also thanks for all the responses by telling me the truth , i would also like to learn about the tribal culture from a real native since i've only been learning from non-natives

once again i apologise
MadTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #22
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTurkey View Post
Im really sorry if i've been offensive about the native culture maybe i could do a drinking horn instead and i did not want to make a headdress out of them either , i were planning to attach them to a staff but i wont do it now since i've been offensive and then i wont do it , tough thank you for teaching me the truth and i also appologise for being offensive , my intrest for native american cultures of the USA and Canada have been since this year started and i would like to learn more , thank you for your response
nuthin wrong with interest and learning
Old 09-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #23
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,273.46
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
I want to apologise if i've been offensive against any tribe member and im really sorry for being offensive , i were planning making a staff with the horns attached but now i wont do it since you guys told me that's offensive and i guess you elders would lie either , also thanks for all the responses by telling me the truth , i would also like to learn about the tribal culture from a real native since i've only been learning from non-natives

once again i apologise
Then take time to learn...with the understanding you can 'never be' Native.

Dressing up to what you 'think' is Native is NOT Native. We value our culture, our feathers, the time we take to making our regalia. it's not a hobby. It's a way of life. We smudge our feathers. We pray that we can give the birds, the animals, life again as we dance with them on. We smudge our clothes we dance with. We pray the steps we do are the right steps. We pray that we dance with a good heart. We pray that we are healthy so we may dance for those who have gone before us. We pray that we are healthy to able to dance for those who are afflicted and cannot dance. We make our outfits in a humble way.

Learning a culture, any culture, from afar is two-dimensional. Life is 3-dimensional. Some will say it has 4 dimensions. It cannot be learned from a book. It cannot be learned from a video.

Enjoy learning.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #24
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 46,413.85
Thank you for listening and learning.

Quote:
im pretty much like les atkins if you've heard of him the man from Uk who quit his work to be native american
I've heard of Mr Atkins. He can't be a Native person. He has no kinship connection to any of our communities. He is not responsible to anyone within our communities.
windanncer and gilisi like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #25
Pow Wow Visitor

mahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond reputemahahgohemah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,712.90
Bison horns

You must be very careful when making any regalia , I understand what it is that you want to do. Don't be so quick to jump into the fire or you will get burned. Read first and learn about us, our ways, our traditions, also remember not all is privy to do or become certain rights belong to certain people
mahahgohemah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

MadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scaleMadTurkey is off the scale
Credits: 849.58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahahgohemah View Post
You must be very careful when making any regalia , I understand what it is that you want to do. Don't be so quick to jump into the fire or you will get burned. Read first and learn about us, our ways, our traditions, also remember not all is privy to do or become certain rights belong to certain people
Thanks for your answer , i would like to find out and learn more about the traditions in the diffrent tribes of usa and canada , i've been feeling like i dont belong in my ancestral culture (vikings) i have felt more like more belonging in the north native american cultures and tribes since i've read about diffrent cultures and tribes around north america , and im serious about these diffrent cultures when i talk about them , but also that my ancestry visited north america before columbus did and ive never heard either if the vikings was having a conflict to the tribes , i would also like to learn more about the regalias and dances , like the bustle is meant to represent the back of a eagle

Once again thank you for your answer and its really appreciated since you are a part of a recognised tribe
MadTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #27
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 48,621.03
Quote:
like the bustle is meant to represent the back of a eagle

Once again thank you for your answer and its really appreciated since you are a part of a recognised tribe

Sooo , how did you come to this information ? I didn't see that posted here and I don't see where This person said he was a member of a "rcognized tribe" . Beliefs vary from tribe to tribe. What is so for 1 , may not necessarily be so for the next.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #28
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Someone is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...
wardancer, windanncer and gilisi like this.
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #29
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,913.54
Quote:
like the bustle is meant to represent the back of a eagle
A back of a goose and a back of turkey too
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #30
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 48,621.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
A back of a goose and a back of turkey too
And I don't believe any of the above !
windanncer, gilisi and MadTurkey like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #31
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
Quote:
Thanks for your answer , i would like to find out and learn more about the traditions in the diffrent tribes of usa and canada , i've been feeling like i dont belong in my ancestral culture (vikings) i have felt more like more belonging in the north native american cultures and tribes since i've read about diffrent cultures and tribes around north america , and im serious about these diffrent cultures when i talk about them , but also that my ancestry visited north america before columbus did and ive never heard either if the vikings was having a conflict to the tribes , i would also like to learn more about the regalias and dances , like the bustle is meant to represent the back of a eagle

i saw a documentary once....saying that there were minor skirmishes in greenland.......i think a few villiages were burned on either side but they stayed a relative distance away from eachother

according to the show that is

wish i could remember what it was called
windanncer and MadTurkey like this.