Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Northern Traditional Dancing http://reallegalfeathers.com/ http://reallegalfeathers.com/

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #21
Olathe-Tehya-Nituna-Ayita

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
iolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 389.75
Savings: 0.00
As what Kalikolehua05 stated their feathers are of good quality and personally no one I know of have had any problems with the feathers.
hey Kalikolehua05 hope all is well and when are we going to see your booth at the next powwow? Remember this time to check go to Oha.org to get your registared hawaiian card from the state (fed. Id).

Last edited by iolana1; 07-28-2005 at 09:51 AM..
iolana1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #22
Powwow King

redthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scale
Credits: 221.00
Bump!

any new information?

"You need to find yourself a girl, mate... Or, perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]"
-Captain Jack Sparrow
redthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #23
Contest Coordinator

Items Devil
ndnsooner has a reputation beyond repute
ndnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,966.38
Quote:
Originally Posted by redthunder View Post
Bump!

any new information?
Theses feathers are the closet you'll get to the real thing. I've seen them used as roach feathers, fans and bustles; they all look really nice. Most people can't tell they are not real. They are not painted but dyed and the dye absorbs nicely to the feather to help it keep its feather like feel. The shade of the dye matches closely to the actual color of eagle feathers.
ndnsooner is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #24
Tiny Tot Dancer

tcumonster is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 440.59
At a recent dance, I saw a bustle made from these feathers and a bustle from actual eagle feathers. It was amazing how close they were. I know these folks and the good work they do with their feathers.
tcumonster is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #25
Powwow King

redthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scale
can you tell that they're fake?

"You need to find yourself a girl, mate... Or, perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]"
-Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #26
Tiny Tot Dancer

tcumonster is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 440.59
If you get real close to them you can. They are the best imitations I have seen as they don't flake or seperate like painted feathers do. This is going to sound dumb, but the look natural instead of stiff.
tcumonster is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #27
Powwow King

how can you tell when y ou get up close?

-Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #28
Tiny Tot Dancer

jmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant future
Credits: 6,476.42
Thumbs up

I have a set of the real legal eagle feathers for my roach. If you look real close at the quill you can see where it was straightened.
jmm is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2007, 05:46 AM   #29
Powwow King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm View Post
I have a set of the real legal eagle feathers for my roach. If you look real close at the quill you can see where it was straightened.
is that teh only way you can tell they're fake? also can you take a lot of pictures?? thanks in advance...

rep!!

-Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #30
Tiny Tot Dancer

jmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant futurejmm has a brilliant future
Credits: 6,476.42
Smile

I have some pictures that will show where the quill has been straightened but it is hard to tell. You have to look very carefully at the quill. You have to look very CLOSE.
Attached Thumbnails
feather1.jpg   feather.jpg  
jmm is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 AM   #31
Powwow King

got any more?

-Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 06-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #32
the legal plumes lady!

walela49 has a reputation beyond repute
walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptradish View Post
it does feel like an actual feather, as it really is a feather. but it's soft and doesn't feel like it's painted. the coloration looks good. if i had painted feathers, i would get them. Have you seen asian pheasant (i think they're called)? A feather off a bird that's not painted or dyed or anything- totally natural- and is colored JUST like black tips. they're smaller but look really good. i would check them out too. they would work for an inside layer of a bustle, or for accent feathers, but too small for spinners.
it's called a blue earred pheasant...the tail feathers are mostly stringy (like peacock), but the outer tail feathers do indeed look like black tips...I bought a damaged lot off of ebay last year....they're REAL hard to come by though...curved more than eagle...smaller than eagle...somewhat irridescent in the tips...check out the pic...
Attached Thumbnails
blueearedfeathers.jpg  
walela49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #33
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ron S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,809.97
I bought 2 sets of blades from real legal feathers. I was very pleased with the quality. They are soft and can be preened if the vanes seperate. The feathers are wide and tall (14" tall) and the colors and patterns are excellant. Mine needed to be straightened a bit, but I can live with that. Well worth the cost. Nice people with a great product. I'm looking forward to buying a fan set in the future.
Ron
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #34
me

bob smiley is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 721.19
I ordered a bustle from them last fall. He had it to me in 4 weeks and its great! I danced with it a few times now and the feathers still look perfect. And as stated, you can really only tell their not real eagle from closer than a few feet.
Attached Thumbnails
bluebustle.jpg  
bob smiley is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-03-2007, 11:56 PM   #35
Powwow King

that looks beautiful.

can you zoom in on it so i can see what it looks liek from further in?

-Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #36
~Erica~

eap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
Savings: 1.00
I was just checking the site out now, and I don't know how they make them...maybe they're dyed? They do look a lot better than any painted feathers I've seen.

Edit- I just read the rest of the thread and saw people talking about dye. That must be it.

Last edited by eap7; 07-06-2007 at 12:13 AM..
eap7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #37
Powwow King

anymore pics??

-Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 07-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #38
me

bob smiley is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 721.19
I'll have new pics monday. My camera is on vacation with my family in florida.
bob smiley is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-2007, 04:35 AM   #39
Powwow King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob smiley View Post
I'll have new pics monday. My camera is on vacation with my family in florida.
thanks man i really appreciate it. Remember, more the better!! hehe...rep!!

-Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 07-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #40
wrapped in ribbonwork!

Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,732.09
I thought I would jump in here with a picture.
The top feather is a painted one from Sioux Specialties.
The bottom one is from Real Legal Feathers.
As you can see, they look pretty good from a distance but once you get within 2 feet, then you can see the brush marks where the dye was applied.
Czechy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links