Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By wardancer
  • 4 Post By wardancer
  • 2 Post By wardancer
  • 4 Post By wardancer
  • 3 Post By Joe's Dad

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Northern Traditional Dancing Leggings. Help please Leggings. Help please

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Colton Grube is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 274.86
Savings: 0.00
Leggings. Help please

I'm just starting out, and my dad gave me some buckskin leggings, Can I wear these?
Colton Grube is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 41,282.23
Savings: 1.00
Greetings and welcome to powwows.calm. First thing is : "Do they fit" ?
Next , Do you or does your Dad know what it takes to be a Traditional Dancer.
Then , once you know , could you tell Joe'sDad ?
Sorry , I meant me !
Just kidding. Are you where you can go to many powwows ?
What age group are you in , and are you a boy scout ? Inquiring minds want to know !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Last edited by wardancer; 02-13-2017 at 01:52 AM..
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2017, 01:57 AM   #3
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
I wear leggin's but my legs are Uuuugly ! Joe'sDad doesn't need leggin's cause his legs are puuurdy , juz ask any of these gurls on here and they'll tell ya !Of course they might tell ya about his fascination with snakes.....

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 02-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

I'm 18 and yes I am in Boy Scouts.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
But you didn't answer the rest of the questions !
alumphfres and windanncer like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 02-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Like I said, I'm just starting out with traditional dancing. My dad never danced but he made leggings for me so I'd like to be able to wear them. There are some local powwows I can go to, but the only big name one near me is the Denver March
Old 02-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #7
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
So , I think the first thing you should do is go to some of the smaller powwows and watch the other tradish. Maybe try to introduce yourself to some of the dancers. Try to meet some around your age. Be respectful !Just hang out and see if anyone needs any help. There are books and videos available also. Crazy Crow , Noc Bay , a lot of suppliers have them. I made my first set of leggins when I was about 24. Started dancing about that same time. Looked pitiful for quite a few years !(some say I still do ! LOL ) Built a better outfit in 1994 and have stuck with it ! My goal was to be able to dance well enough to fit in where ever I went to powwow ! It didn't take long , couple years of powwowing hard , learning songs , meeting dancers , getting in trouble ! LOL Good luck in your quest !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 02-13-2017, 06:26 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

thanks for the help
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #9
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 91,730.47
So, did they fit or not?

I need a set. Last powwow I went, they looked at my legs and want to put me in the chiggen contest!
wardancer, OLChemist and Toolbox like this.
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #10
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
So, did they fit or not?

I need a set. Last powwow I went, they looked at my legs and want to put me in the chiggen contest!
I know somebody that might have a set....chiggen size !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Sponsored Links