Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Northern Traditional Dancing Panels Panels

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
Sick wit it

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tradish89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Panels

I'm making a new outfit and am looking for a panel desighn that's different and not as boring as the good old square one, if anyone has any good ideas as well as pics it would be much appreciated. thanks.
Tradish89 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2004, 10:32 AM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

tigger has a reputation beyond repute
tigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond reputetigger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
i'm guessing that when you say panels, you are talking about side tabs. well, there are many ways of designing them. i have seen pointed sets, rounded off sets, rectanglular sets........etc. the best thing that i could advise is go to pow wows and look or go to the gallery and look at pics.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
Traditional Dancer

matthew is just really nice
side drops

well if your talking about the side drops or "tabs" then well rounded ones are nice, they need to be fairly wide, mine start out square and then go into a point like a diamond. What you need is a really good border that stands right out and grabs the eye like a black n white one, but not checker thats overdone. if ya want get me your address n ill send you a pic of mine, but no copying ehhh!!!!!

Matthew
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,369.70
My fancy rig has a sort of flame cutout rather than quare or round. It's not really flames, but that is the only thing that comes to mind when decribing it. I see the same style of design on the back of quite a few fancy shawls as well.

I drew the design freehand on some paper bags from the grocery store to develop a pattern. When I refined the design, I juts kept redrawing on the same bag and then when I was happy with the pattern, I cut it out. Give it a shot and see what you come up with!
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2004, 05:37 PM   #5
gawk where's the gun Gawk

MAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond reputeMAROONDANCER has a reputation beyond repute
try to make it go along with your apron . I mean don't give the set curved side drops and a pointed apron . if the apron is curved the make the side drop curved

just my 2cents

'i believe I can fly'
Rob Young
MAROONDANCER is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links