Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Northern Traditional Dancing Putting together son's outfit...HELP! Putting together son's outfit...HELP!

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #121
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Mato Winyan

What is that suppose to mean?

Old 03-08-2004, 03:01 PM   #122
Junior Dancer

crazydazy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
What is that suppose to mean?
I think its like saying "whatever" or it is suggesting that the thread has gone on so long that noone is listening or that they don't care.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #123
Teen Dancer

hoov4450 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 80.00
Re: Helping put son's outfit

Quote:
Originally posted by dmoccasin
Let me get this straight. The original intent of this post was to provide advise to someone who needs help. And now I feel that somewhere the original intent went awry. It reminds me of when applied to get a job for the federal government and all the red and white tape it took to find employment. My 2 cents

c
we are taught that "family" helps put your regalia together. i can understand looking up some different things that another tribe does in another area, but that doesn't always fit your area. If you need the internet to help you put together your regalia then there is something very wrong. Are some of you afraid of talking with elders in your area, cause they might ask you some very tough questions. Or is it easier to get the information ofr the internet, then show up at a powwow dressed in full regalia and dance, without getting "brought " into the circle. " Like getting pinned with a real eagle feather". But I've coverd these before, in other threads.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:18 PM   #124
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by White Powwow Dancer
So you would like see sparks fly on the board then.
I can't believe you have the audacity to act like you are the rational one in this discussion. YOU are the one billowing with unabashed ignorance. Don't try and act like you are the peacekeeper amongst radicals. Like you don't want any ruckus. Has it ever occured to you that it's people like you -- ignorant, patronizing, callous morons that are the source of such percieved "hostility"??

You know, initially, I wasn't even going to say anything because your arguments held absolutely no water and my pals were holdin it down just right, but after seeing what you put as your tribe, I had to at least express my disgust. You ARE as dumb as your posts make you out to be.

Please refrain from attempting to use our language, speak what your forefathers massacred to become predominant.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #125
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,913.54
Quote:
Originally posted by Jibby
I can't believe you have the audacity to act like you are the rational one in this discussion. YOU are the one billowing with unabashed ignorance. Don't try and act like you are the peacekeeper amongst radicals. Like you don't want any ruckus. Has it ever occured to you that it's people like you -- ignorant, patronizing, callous morons that are the source of such percieved "hostility"??

You know, initially, I wasn't even going to say anything because your arguments held absolutely no water and my pals were holdin it down just right, but after seeing what you put as your tribe, I had to at least express my disgust. You ARE as dumb as your posts make you out to be.

Please refrain from attempting to use our language, speak what your forefathers massacred to become predominant.
Whatever :Mad. :tongue11: to you too!!
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:42 PM   #126

hey white powwow dancer look ------>:taunting: moron

Old 03-18-2004, 05:52 PM   #127
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
~>[email protected]~HoNeY <~ Look :mocking: :tongue11: at you
Old 03-18-2004, 06:02 PM   #128
Biboon omaa

Jibby and ~>[email protected]~HoNeY <~ Quit the trash talking please.
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Old 03-18-2004, 06:21 PM   #129
Biboon omaa

~>[email protected]~HoNeY <~
Are you a Wannabe Blackfoot ndn? :tongue11:
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Old 03-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #130
Teen Dancer

CactusButt is a name known to all
OK Children that will do!

Jesus H. Christ and all the saints and their cousins too! I am so sick of all these stupid azz whitey's up here making people mad, and making other whites look bad. I am only a 1/4 NDN, and know very little about my N8tive side, I would not want to be up in someone's face about anything I didn't experience first hand.

Ok so first of all:
1. You are white.
2. Get over it.
3. You are not NDN
4. Get over it.
5. White people, European "settlers" stole everything from N8tive peoples already once b4 and are now doing it again.
6. STOP!!!!
7. If you want to dance and have fun then f-ing do it.
8. If people get mad at ya' consider it a blessing to be able to allow them to vent some of the hundreds of years of righteous anger on you.

I lived on the Navajo Rez (ish... really on Newlands relocation area lol), and I experienced quite a bit of racism along with all the great treatment I recieved, from the Dine people I encountered. When I was treated badly, I accepted that as only necessary in order to be worthy of the good treatment. I mean for Christ's sake don't you think n8tives have suffered enough than to have whites coming into their area and acting like them or better?

Shut the hell up already and get over yourselves! Suck it up! Do what you do, but for crying out loud already, quit trying to make people stop feeling a certain way about something that they have every f-ing right to feel that way about.

I was just reading to my sonny(who is 1/2 Dine) about Wounded Knee, and as I watched him cry at the end and listened to him get mad at the white people, it made me sad too.

If you really care so much about N8tive people, I want to know what you are doing to help with current situations on the reservations in your area. What have you done lately to help the native american community where you live? You wanna dance around and have fun, but do you roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty too?

Powwow's are gatherings, they are dammed important too! They are a great way for my own kids to feel proud of who they are inside and show respect and honor to their family and God. They are not a display case in a museum. REMEMBER THAT OKAY!

You want to act N8tive then get mad about what they get mad about, do something to help too while your at it. Oh yeah, and don't be joking around with you non n8tive freinds about ndn's either, or acting like the f-ing expert on em since you go to a few Powwow's or sweats or whatever.

What do you have to be proud of in your own culture? Isn't their anything you can do with that?
Old 03-18-2004, 06:43 PM   #131
Biboon omaa

Aneen CactusButt
Iam sorry about my behavior on the board. Do you forgive me?
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Old 03-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #132
Teen Dancer

Quote:
~>[email protected]~HoNeY <~
Are you a Wannabe Blackfoot ndn? :tongue11:
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Funny a wanna be callin a Bee a wannabe!:Chatter

Honey ain't a wanna be nuttin honey!:Chatter (you wish you were my honey):devil
Old 03-18-2004, 06:51 PM   #133
Biboon omaa

Quote:
Originally posted by CactusButt
Funny a wanna be callin a Bee a wannabe!:Chatter

Honey ain't a wanna be nuttin honey!:Chatter (you wish you were my honey):devil
LOL CactusButt
Old 03-18-2004, 06:51 PM   #134
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Aneen CactusButt
Iam sorry about my behavior on the board. Do you forgive me?
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Sure ok! But, what about all the others you know like Jibby, and Kiwehnzi, and all the people who you were misbehaving with?

Don't forget about them!

Silly WPD, that is just like when my baby say's "Sorry mom, for hitting his older brother, and I say, "Why tell me, I am not the one you hit, go tell him. And duck!":Chatter
Old 03-18-2004, 06:59 PM   #135
Biboon omaa

Aneen Cactusbutt
Misbehaving Jibby, and Kiwehnzii should know playing with Ishkoday they will get burned for it.
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Old 03-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #136
Teen Dancer

Oops for you! Once again, Who's the one 'playing' here?

This is kind of serious you know, people are getting mad, and rightfully so. If you are the one making them mad, say you are sorry. If they make you mad or if their anger makes you feel bad, deal with it because the stuff I'm reading on here, the Natives here are in the right, they have too many good reasons to say what they are saying. Accept this as part of being on this site, and move on. People are going to continue to get mad at you if you continue to act superior to them.

How would you like it if you were the Boss at work and as the Boss you have to dress or act a certain way. One day someone who doesn't even work there comes along dressing and acting like you, you ignore them. Then they start telling other people in your company how to do things, then they start telling you how to do things. It would make you mad. You would want them to stop. You would ask them to leave the building.

White people need to stop going to Powwow's acting as if they are the experts on things and then go on Powwow's.com and act as if they are the experts on things. And then start crying around because people get mad at them. If you do something stupid, folks are gonna' get mad at ya'.

Just relax, take a deep breath, and pay attention to yourself. I will ask again, what have you done lately to show that you are truly interested in helping the Native American Community? Dancing doesn't do anything to help the Community per se, I am talking about real solid work that you have done to help the people in the Native American Community.

Let's see, me I have gone to bat with the school board to help them understand the need for more Native literature in the school's library as well as the need for the teachers to discontinue the use of certain terms in their lessons when instructing about historical events. As well as the Library in the town I live in. This was all just in the last couple of weeks.

So what have you done?
Old 03-18-2004, 07:49 PM   #137
Biboon omaa

Aneen Jibby, and Kiwehnzii and Blackfoot Honey and Singing Eagle
Iam sorry acting like a fool on the board.
Chi Migwetch, WPD

Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 03-18-2004 at 09:01 PM..
Old 03-18-2004, 08:53 PM   #138
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Singing Eagle
Please Put a lid on it.
Are you gonna Apologize to Singing Eagle too?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #139
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Aneen Cactusbutt
Misbehaving Jibby, and Kiwehnzii should know playing with Ishkoday they will get burned for it.
Chi Migwetch, WPD

:Mad

yes, refrain from using my language......use your own. :Yell

Old 03-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #140
Biboon omaa

Quote:
Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
:Mad

yes, refrain from using my language......use your own. :Yell
Whatever!!
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread