Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Northern Traditional Dancing Putting together son's outfit...HELP! Putting together son's outfit...HELP!

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2004, 04:46 PM   #161
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
crazydazy has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
Ok... Can't hold it in any longer. I have sat back and watched this go on and on. Some people have had some very good things to say and they are being ignored just because it is the "other side" that is saying em. Well get a clue people .. truth is truth... it can come from those that are outside our culture and not be a "racist" remark.

Truth is ...why would a person insist on doing something when others have asked that it not be done? Let's look at the language thing... why would a person continue to use another language after being asked not to because the person felt they were being disrespectful. Does that person think others can't understand English??? Well they can. If not.. they will ask someone to translate. K? ;) Which to stray a little.. always amazes me when a white person prays in Lakota because that is the "sacred language" do they not think the creator can understand their own words? Don't limit the creator people! He can understand all languages! Now was that a racisit remark.. no.. it was the race of the person I'm talking about. (and fyi.. the person thought they were saying Mother Earth in Lakota.. and actually was saying Mother Dirt!! :rofl2: )

Next, if you truly read the posts again and even in other forums people have stated time and time and time again... it is not about people of other cultures attending inter-tribal powwows but how one carries themself while doing so. Now did you just really read that????? YOU CAN GO... JUST BE RESPECTFUL... DON'T ACT LIKE AN AUTHORITY... BE HUMBLE... YOU ARE THERE TO LEARN AND SHARE.. NOT TO TEACH!!

Same goes for the board here.. you really don't have to try to answer every post or question.... sure.. we want to be helpful. No one is faulting that. Just don't be so eager sometimes. Hell, there have been posts I've made over the years I should have waited before answering..... but by damn I learned from some of the answers I received. Because I chose to. It was my choice. We all have that choice. You have that choice. And if you choose to think I am talking to this person.. that person .... or talking off the wall ... it's your choice. Just like it is my choice when a person makes a post that I feel is over the line.. to delete or edit. K?
NICELY SAID!!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 07:36 PM   #162
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,913.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
Ok... Can't hold it in any longer. I have sat back and watched this go on and on. Some people have had some very good things to say and they are being ignored just because it is the "other side" that is saying em. Well get a clue people .. truth is truth... it can come from those that are outside our culture and not be a "racist" remark.

Truth is ...why would a person insist on doing something when others have asked that it not be done? Let's look at the language thing... why would a person continue to use another language after being asked not to because the person felt they were being disrespectful. Does that person think others can't understand English??? Well they can. If not.. they will ask someone to translate. K? ;) Which to stray a little.. always amazes me when a white person prays in Lakota because that is the "sacred language" do they not think the creator can understand their own words? Don't limit the creator people! He can understand all languages! Now was that a racisit remark.. no.. it was the race of the person I'm talking about. (and fyi.. the person thought they were saying Mother Earth in Lakota.. and actually was saying Mother Dirt!! :rofl2: )

Next, if you truly read the posts again and even in other forums people have stated time and time and time again... it is not about people of other cultures attending inter-tribal powwows but how one carries themself while doing so. Now did you just really read that????? YOU CAN GO... JUST BE RESPECTFUL... DON'T ACT LIKE AN AUTHORITY... BE HUMBLE... YOU ARE THERE TO LEARN AND SHARE.. NOT TO TEACH!!

Same goes for the board here.. you really don't have to try to answer every post or question.... sure.. we want to be helpful. No one is faulting that. Just don't be so eager sometimes. Hell, there have been posts I've made over the years I should have waited before answering..... but by damn I learned from some of the answers I received. Because I chose to. It was my choice. We all have that choice. You have that choice. And if you choose to think I am talking to this person.. that person .... or talking off the wall ... it's your choice. Just like it is my choice when a person makes a post that I feel is over the line.. to delete or edit. K?
Good words Mato!!! :) :clap:
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 03-21-2004 at 07:52 PM..
Old 03-21-2004, 07:49 PM   #163
Pow Wow Visitor

diddle1 can only hope to improve
wpd, you have some nerve! your arrogance keeps good things from happening here.thats bs in my book, and apparently everyone elses too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 08:00 PM   #164
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
diddle1
Please knock it off for me
Old 03-21-2004, 08:05 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddle1
wpd, you have some nerve! your arrogance keeps good things from happening here.thats bs in my book, and apparently everyone elses too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dang rightz

Old 03-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #166
Junior Dancer

crazydazy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer
Good words Mato!!! :) :clap:
yes these are good words but will you follow his advice - you haven't thus far
Old 03-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #167
Biboon omaa

Hi
I am leaving it die for now.
Thank you.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:05 PM   #168
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 209.08
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Aneen Jibby, and Kiwehnzii and Blackfoot Honey and Singing Eagle
Iam sorry acting like a fool on the board.
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Old 03-24-2004, 01:11 PM   #169
Biboon omaa

SE
Leave it die please.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:25 PM   #170
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 209.08
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
SE
Leave it die please.
WPD - you continue to act as though what you say matters - and that you have a role some-what mod-like to boss people around! get over yourself!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #171
Biboon omaa

SE
Blah Blah here :Argue goes on.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #172
Teen Dancer

hoov4450 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
CactusButt
Did you know respect is on a two way street?
Chi Migwetch, WPD
Let's forget about being native or non-native. wpd you are so full of sh*t, it hurts. I haven't heard this much worthless b.s. from one boy in ages. Anyone worth a penny wouldn't have anything too do with such an arogant little child. you have alot to learn, maybe it would be better for you to close your trap and listen to some people who know what their talking about, and i don't mean me!!!. I'm a young MAN who has a lot to learn, and always will. You can get anyone to agree with you and it still won't mean squat. Cause anyone really listening knows. YOU DON'T KNOW SH*T
Old 03-27-2004, 07:19 PM   #173
Teen Dancer

Oh, I almost forgot. Anyone who talks to elders like you, doesn't deserve respect. LOSER
Old 03-27-2004, 08:08 PM   #174
Biboon omaa

Ya Whatever Hoov4450
Old 03-27-2004, 08:38 PM   #175
Biboon omaa

And anthor thing I don't like is people cussing at me.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:31 PM   #176
Teen Dancer

Quote:
And anthor thing I don't like is people cussing at me.
1- I hope you don't talk to your elders like you do here. 2- respect IS NOT a two way street, young people like us have to earn it from our elders by are actions and deeds. 3- elders by definition already have earned their place. 4- I don't usually aprove of profanity but seems you have no respect for others and it was the best way to give you some instruction. so i'll amend my comment, "you have a lot to learn young MAN!" 5- Listen and learn, my moms best advice.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #177
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,419.99
This has gone way off topic. If you want to discuss who can say what, take it up in another thread.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread