Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Fancy Shawl Dancing Do you guyz get help? Do you guyz get help?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2003, 10:38 PM   #21
Ur No 1 RoundDanceQueen

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond repute
MishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond reputeMishkomekinaakIkwe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Savings: 0.00
Yeppers, my mum, sister, and I stay up all night! Its a sure fire way to get all the input and ideas from our creative minds! And coffee is a must! Mum makes the designs, sister cuts, and I sew... and sometimes we all switch places and do everything else.... (we just got a sewing machine! it's soooooo kewl!)
"What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth." Author-nknown
MishkomekinaakIkwe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2003, 07:42 AM   #22
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I mostly do it all on my own. I have two other sisters that sew, but one is in MN and the other one has so many orders to do. My daughters are starting now to learn the ribbon/applique techniques, with that, they are starting to help me with cutting the designs and stringing the cones for dresses. (basics). Right now for the most part I do it all on my own.
But its fun and I enjoy it alot. :)

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2003, 05:02 AM   #23
Selena's Mommy

Chahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond repute
Chahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 165.06
Savings: 1.00
I sew everything except the ruffle on my skirts.I'm in the process of finishing my third outfit and the skirt has no ruffle so it's all done by me.I did a complete outfit for a 4 year old and a 12 year old and now I'm helping my cousin with his grass dance outfit.Don't know how to bead so that would exlain why I only have beadwork for one outfit.
Chahta Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 AM   #24
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
I do all the things by myself, designing, tracing, tacking, fitting, recut, sewing, beading. Mom crossed the river back in 96 so she was good to teach me not to depend on anyone to help. I have two of her machines, dad still has the third.

It took me two years to make my own fringed 3/4 lenght fringed coat, no threads to hold it together, just braiding. It was the beadwork that got to me, that took most of the 2 years to complete. Pity is that some person out there ( hope you see this,) took it from me and never gave it back.

Since then I have made a lot of leather clothing, mocs I find are real easy but the part I still call on mom is when the machine starts bucking! I pray to her to help the machine get through the tough spots! oh well sometimes she actually seems to listen and things go smooth!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2004, 04:32 AM   #25
Gopher Hunter

BigBearStyle is a jewel in the rough
Well I just want to say that I taught myself how to use a machine. I made an outfit for my honey in three days. Took my time on it since it was my first. We did it together, the cutting measuring and what not. Then I sewed it together. But i wanted to do it all myself. I love it when she wears it and all the girls get jelouse. Just because when she is out there, she is wrapped in my love.

I still have lots to learn and dont want to stop sewing.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:32 PM   #26
Hoop Dancer

hoopster girl is infamous around these parts
I get lots of help!! I can't draw/ make stuff look good, so I tell my ideas to my friend and she plans them out. My yokes and moccs are "bead by number" heh

Hoopster
Old 01-27-2004, 08:37 PM   #27

~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute~+~Heya~+~ has a reputation beyond repute
I do everything myself 'cept sew in the zippers on my dresses. I dunno why but I just can't get 'em in there right! But I pull a all nighter every once in awhile...especially when there's a powwow the next day. Geez I did that with all of my dresses i made last summer...they were all finished/made the night before.
~+~Heya~+~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

haliwa_tweety is an unknown quantity at this point
My dad and my grandma do my shawls and leggings. My mom and I do the beading for the accessories, and we get a lady from the community to do the skirts.

~Tweety~

I'LL HOLLA!!!!!!!!
haliwa_tweety is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2004, 01:00 AM   #29
Tiny Tot Dancer

Sharon Johnson can only hope to improve
No I mainly do it on my own, I do all the sewing and cutting and making patterns, my mom she only helps me on stuff sometimes such as helping me with the sewing machine when it messes up. But I don't really need help.
Sharon Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links