Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Fancy Shawl Dancing fancy shawl designs fancy shawl designs

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
Shuut uup..are ya serious

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
fancy shawl designs

Does anyone out there do designs? I normally go to my cuzin he's and artist. He was supposed to design me my cuzin' fancy shawl regalia but that was 7 months ago. I had three other people come to me for help to make theirs. I can't think of a good enough design. I ain't no artist. Plus my cuzin left town. I don't want to copy of anyone elses designs. So if their is a designer in here. Help.:D
Azhe'ni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2004, 03:19 PM   #2

Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Daanngg. Don't no one respond. I know there's some talent out there. :Chatter
Old 03-10-2004, 03:41 PM   #3

I do all the time. I just want something a little different. All my work has floral designs woodland patterns. I just think the regalia out west their designs are pretty too. My cuz wants a geom. design. Being potawatomi and woodland can't really think of any.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:08 PM   #4
Junior Dancer

clrezchik_12 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have designs traced out onto paper.... maybe the next time i get onto a scanner, i email you those designs to use.... i have about 40 different designs laying around my place... i will keep the best designs for myself. no just joking. i always come up with new designs all the time, so it won't be hard for me to figure out more. maybe if i put up at least 20 on the net, you gurlz could use them. this summer is the first time that i will actually have my own designs on my dresses. and this summer is the first time that i will start beading my outfits... so hopefully my designs help you out a lot.

R.I.P Alex Archie
March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
***AIDS***
Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..
clrezchik_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2004, 06:25 PM   #5
shaylen many heads

SWEETNDNGRL will become famous soon enough
ur sooo nice clrezchk, u coming down to Ft.Langely? Well on the subject of designs...im frum out west here and I use geometric designs cuz that is what comes to my mind naturally...but if ya got sum cool floral designs maybe we could trade...cuz variety is good...:D
SWEETNDNGRL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2004, 08:18 AM   #6

clrezchik_12 what would you want for them? I don't think I could take something without giving something. Ka_sunshine yeah maybe we could. Ahh, ain't you guys so great.:Cry
Old 03-11-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
Senior Dancer

theepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond repute
one design

i use as the main focal center and each new outfit i make i base it around that then add on to the original thay way i know if any snaggs on my design. actually one elder that i take care of drew me up a design he was an artist in his younger years and it is tiiiiite i cant wait to sew it up i hope he lives long anough to see it when it is finihsed.
so you may just want to start another design and base it on one of your other outfits? good luck to you

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:
theepowwowchic49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
Junior Dancer

clrezchik_12 is an unknown quantity at this point
by next week i should have about 20 of those designs in my photo gallery and posted on my yahoo photo album. 20-30 designs should be ready to go.... siksika_sunshine, it would be easier just to look for me this weekend, i will be at ft. langley this weekend... i will probably be wearing my navy blue and neon green outfit.... if you wanna come up we can maybe trade something about 5 designs with something else....

R.I.P Alex Archie
March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
***AIDS***
Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..
clrezchik_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #9
FaNcY sHaWL LaDy

miss_rez_rat will become famous soon enough
i think turtle make really good designs on regalia b/c there simple but you can make them look really good. you can change the inside of them and make them look nice.
miss_rez_rat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2004, 09:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by miss_rez_rat
i think turtle make really good designs on regalia b/c there simple but you can make them look really good. you can change the inside of them and make them look nice.
Do you design them?:)
Old 03-18-2004, 01:28 PM   #11
FaNcY sHaWL LaDy

i've taken ideas from people who have turtle stuff like my friends. and i've thought of some cool ideas to make them look pretty cool. i've made a beaded barret of a turtle i thought of but i don't think iit looks that good to me but others really like it and the colors.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:30 PM   #12
FaNcY sHaWL LaDy

Smile

well taking sounds a little wrong so let me refraze it people have told some ideas on how i should make the turtles look..
Old 03-18-2004, 01:39 PM   #13

I been looking for a turtle design. I had a girl that's turtle clan asking me if I can. I told her that I would half to have someone draw it. It's her very first time dancing so I want to help her out. She's about 17. So I would half to think of a big design with a turtle without it looking plain. Cuz it seems like the smaller kids are easier to do cuz you don't gotta put so much into the design.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #14
THE ULTIMATE MULTITASKER

oOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond reputeoOoSouthernStyozoOo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 320.00
Ya know how you can think of designs real quick...?

Well....what i use to make designs is a newspaper..and you know its folded the way a newspaper should be..you knoe like in fours...well from there i just draw out on a 1/4 of the paper..and what do you know when yuo cut it out you will have a whole design...and you can make your designs on the same paper and stuff....its an easy way...and thats how this design came out

Last edited by oOoSouthernStyozoOo; 03-24-2004 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something
oOoSouthernStyozoOo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2004, 09:22 AM   #15

Never thought of that. I known people to use paint and they drop it in the middle of the paper and then fold it in half and the paint goes all over the inside paper and ya open it up and it makes a design. I noticed out west the women be having those crazy designs. They look really good. But I really only noticed everyone wants those geo. designs. I like it either way.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:56 PM   #16
Teen GurlZ

lil_powwow_hunnie will become famous soon enough
hey i make some designs
any of u peepz know Crystal John?
and know how her designs look?
well thas me!! :hey!:

but yeah, i can prolly draw up some designs for ya :Thumbs
jus IM me sometime

~1~

~*LiL MizZ JiNgLe StyLeZ*~

JUSS SING ME A REAL SUHWEET ROUNDANCE SONG & IM URZ 4EVA BABE
:24:
lil_powwow_hunnie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-21-2004, 01:36 PM   #17
Pow Wow Visitor

lissieann is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink potawatomi designs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrezchik_12
i have designs traced out onto paper.... maybe the next time i get onto a scanner, i email you those designs to use.... i have about 40 different designs laying around my place... i will keep the best designs for myself. no just joking. i always come up with new designs all the time, so it won't be hard for me to figure out more. maybe if i put up at least 20 on the net, you gurlz could use them. this summer is the first time that i will actually have my own designs on my dresses. and this summer is the first time that i will start beading my outfits... so hopefully my designs help you out a lot.
if you have potawatomi designs, we're looking for some to put on my husband's canoe. can you email them? renners100@hotmail.com. melissa
lissieann is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links