Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DeafElderWoman
  • 1 Post By MusicLover

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Fancy Shawl Dancing Feather Questions Feather Questions

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MusicLover is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 104.00
Savings: 0.00
Feather Questions

Hello everyone!!
I have a 7 year old daughter who dances Fancy Shawl. She has recently been gifts two mature golden eagle feathers and two golden eagle plumes. Can she wear them in her hair? I don't want to make a mistake with her and do something that isn't allowed. I know that girls normally use the white tail feathers and plumes. I also don't want to disrespect the elder who gave them to her. What do I do?
Any help is greatly appreciated!!
MusicLover is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2015, 05:04 AM   #2
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Welcome to Powwows.com Forum.

I think both of them can be worn in her hair as long as she does not drop the Eagle feather and Eagle plume. Eagle Feather and Eagle Plume are very special and sacred. There might be one or few Elders or maybe middle age Native to pray over them before picking them up and give back to you or your daughter.

Just make sure they stick on her hair kind of tightly not to fall on the ground or floor.

If any Powwows members object to what I made the comments for the 7 years old girl, then you have a right to say that I am wrong. I may be Deaf but I know what I saw when I went powwowing for many years. I am Elder, okay?

Last edited by DeafElderWoman; 10-07-2015 at 05:07 AM..
DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2015, 06:58 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

MusicLover is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 104.00
Thank you so much for the answer. Truly appreciated!!!
DeafElderWoman likes this.
MusicLover is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-08-2015, 01:00 AM   #4
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLover View Post
Thank you so much for the answer. Truly appreciated!!!
You are welcome.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links