Like Tree28Likes
  • 7 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 6 Post By wanjica_the_one
  • 1 Post By Jack Anderson
  • 5 Post By wanjica_the_one
  • 2 Post By xTekno
  • 3 Post By wardancer
  • 4 Post By wanjica_the_one

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Fancy Shawl Dancing Give a man a clue here?? Give a man a clue here??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 05:15 AM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Jack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Athol,Idaho in the Land Ruled by Lunatics that eat gold
Credits: 766.54
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up Give a man a clue here??

This may seem to be a ridiculous question to some but I really need to ask this question directed towards the ladies here. I by no means want to be presumptuous here about anything so a little help would be nice. Ill epxlain.. Ive been attending pow wows basically my whole life. I stay to myself mostly because I never want to be the guy who pushes his way in. Well anyways, last night at the pow wow a woman came up and started dancing fancy shawl circles around me hooting and hoolering in my face. This was like between drum exchanges so everyone around was watching. I didn't really know what to think just said thank you and smiled. this happened three times. Then she said "he doesn't know what this means" and walkes away. I felt kind stupid but I do not like to assume anything so why was I supposed to know what that meant? She was with a drum group so I was curious if maybe there is some type of a drum group etiquette thing I am totally missing here or something. Now also note she was not dressed in any Regalia this evening, she was just going through the motions as if she was wearing the shawl and dancing with it.

Last edited by Jack Anderson; 08-30-2015 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: additional info
Jack Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,456.89
Savings: 1.00
And now you're married and don't even have a clue.

Be ready for the divorce papers and request for alimony.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 33,580.05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Anderson View Post
This may seem to be a ridiculous question to some but I really need to ask this question directed towards the ladies here. I by no means want to be presumptuous here about anything so a little help would be nice. Ill epxlain.. Ive been attending pow wows basically my whole life. I stay to myself mostly because I never want to be the guy who pushes his way in. Well anyways, last night at the pow wow a woman came up and started dancing fancy shawl circles around me hooting and hoolering in my face. This was like between drum exchanges so everyone around was watching. I didn't really know what to think just said thank you and smiled. this happened three times. Then she said "he doesn't know what this means" and walkes away. I felt kind stupid but I do not like to assume anything so why was I supposed to know what that meant? She was with a drum group so I was curious if maybe there is some type of a drum group etiquette thing I am totally missing here or something. Now also note she was not dressed in any Regalia this evening, she was just going through the motions as if she was wearing the shawl and dancing with it.
This means nothing. Don't flatter yourself because you would have been made a fool. She should have waited for a two step and then asked you. If she was my sister, she would have been taken home.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

Jack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeJack Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I wondered if I had possibly maybe done something to interfere with the drum group and maybe I was in the way of filming or something. I just really wondered more so about those things then anything else. All participants work hard and put heart and soul into these events and I really wanted to know if there was something else to this besides just a little "hormones" going off. Hey like I said I don't try to presume anything. That's an ugly road.
windanncer likes this.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

Funny man!! been there thank you!! Why? you looking for a date! She needs a new man so that bill can go away. I am referring to my ex here only ladies! I could put in a good word for you not that it would help, you would have to shine like gold or at least have a whole in your pocket so she thought you did. lmfao
Old 08-30-2015, 11:42 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
If you have been going to powwows your whole life. You would have learned something from all the MC's and their stories.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:55 AM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

That was kinda what the hormone comment was referring to. But like I said I was more trying to really make sure I hadn't interrupted something that I was unaware of and maybe this was a signal that I was supposed to pick up on such as " move your dumb rear" etc. In different circumstances I would have read things more direct maybe but then again comes in the assumption part that could create a world of problems for lots of people. I just prefer to exchange a couple words for clarity before I take a bite out of the whole shoe. lol
Old 08-31-2015, 05:07 PM   #8
Junior Dancer

jack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,367.78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Anderson View Post
Then she said "he doesn't know what this means" and walkes away.

I felt kind stupid
...well, she was right,,,,, (ahhh, if you only knew...)
jack2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2015, 05:17 PM   #9
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 85,122.75
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
don't even try to figure it out, she must be a special kind of twisted.
LISA IRONMAKER and windanncer like this.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2015, 06:05 PM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

So I think what your trying to tell me.. not sure here.. again .. no assuming but.. sounds like this was just another excited native family trying to speak to me, and they had something important they wanted to say, but due to my absence of any family presence I guess I was not being very receptive to the actual intent. I really was more conserved about interfering with someone else's family set up or drummers setup or something of that nature.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #11
Tiny Tot Dancer

Being raised by grandmother I was always taught and told to watch for signs and such. Little things mean big things sometimes, so I ask. Such things as don't walk in front of the elders. simple things but I want to know them. they are important to me so I think they must be important to others. That is why I ask. I get the crazy hormonal stuff people. I am an adult. I,ve had my youth. I know all about the stories. I was actually serious here about ethics and morals. I figured what that was really all about but I need to know. It is important to me to know that I show know disrespect to anyone when I attend these pow wows. I don't dance. haven't since I was a child. That I miss. But I will attend every event I can. It makes me feel alive. I have chronic pain issues and believe it or not. Native drums !!!best medicine ever!! any how ranting again. I wasn't looking for the sexuall end of this thing. I really wanted to know if I had possibly done something to earn "dunce of the day cap" or something and that's why she was doing it between songs when people could watch. I genuinely wasn't sure.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #12
Tiny Tot Dancer

bread crumbs
Old 09-01-2015, 12:51 AM   #13
Tiny Tot Dancer

Not supposed to marry family, right? that's the funny part. I remember her from other gatherings but I know she did not recognize me. You can tell when someone knows you. This wasn't the I know you look.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:08 AM   #14
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 48,793.23
Are you talking to yourself ? LOL
windanncer, jack2011 and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2015, 02:47 AM   #15
Tiny Tot Dancer

Very probable. That's why I said before in some other posts>>>Tell me if I'm rambling!!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #16
Junior Dancer

jack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond reputejack2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,367.78
A wise old Indian once said, "The problem with some people who know everything about something is that they can't learn nuthin' about anything." Made sense when he said it.
jack2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #17
Pow Wow Visitor

Are you related to Wounded Bear?
Old 09-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
Tiny Tot Dancer

I do not know. After my grandmother passed most all contacts with everyone was lost. My family kind of lost there way after she left.
Sponsored Links