Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Fancy Shawl Dancing ??Lesbian?? ??Lesbian??

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kaalogii_ateed is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
??Lesbian??

I was just wondering how everyone feels about lesbians who dance, or attend get togethers.
I have a friend who enjoys dancing so much, but she wants everyone to know her life style. I was just wondering how people would react to her.
For myself, I find it ok, not only because shes a really close friend. I respect it because she's her own individual self, and the least I could do is accept it and be happy.
Just wondering what everyone else would think.
kaalogii_ateed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

haliwa_tweety is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't think there's a problem with her dancing. If she really really wants to dance, and her heart is in it, then the fact that she's a lesbian shouldn't even matter. :)

~Tweety~

I'LL HOLLA!!!!!!!!
haliwa_tweety is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2004, 11:28 AM   #3
Riverwoman

Quote:
Originally posted by haliwa_tweety
i don't think there's a problem with her dancing. If she really really wants to dance, and her heart is in it, then the fact that she's a lesbian shouldn't even matter. :)
Exactly! Besides there are laws that are based on discrimination for race, sexual orientation, religion, etc.... Called the Canadain Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Then again, this is the US, so I am sure there is something the same down there.:)
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2004, 04:39 AM   #4
Selena's Mommy

Chahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond repute
Chahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond reputeChahta Diamond has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 165.06
Savings: 1.00
So what if she's lesbian.She wants to dance then dance.I wouldn't have a problem.Who are we to judge?

A part of me feels so bad but ooh not that bad
Chahta Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

aknative is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree. Your self worth is not determined on what gender we like, even if it is our own.
aknative is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #6
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Dancing shouldn't be a prob. It could turn into a problem if she checks out some of the other ladies in the dressing room.

I've heard some people say that they can just feel it when someone is looking at them.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2004, 10:09 PM   #7
~*I wanna pow-wow*~

lakotajingledancer is on a distinguished road
hey,back in the day,gay ppl were honored for being gay.
if her heart is where it should be then tunkushila (sp?) wont judge her.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:49 PM   #8
Eastern Blanket Dancer

Items Treasure Chest
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.75
Savings: 1.00
i agree with what others have said. let her dance. one's sexual orientation doesn't make one's dancing ability. i happen to be bi-sexual, and i have friends that i see at pow wows here and there who know and aren't bothered by it.

bahnisiain is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2004, 01:04 PM   #9
Gopher Hunter

BigBearStyle is a jewel in the rough
Like ......lets name some names here...
Old 03-04-2004, 06:20 PM   #10
Boogie Monster

sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,369.70
For the record, I've seen quite a few men dancing as fancy shawl - especially in the Dakotas, and Montana.... I imagine of no one makes a huge public fuss about that, then the odd lesbian or two shouldn't matter much.

Still, dispariging comments about sexual and gender orientation are ogten stated just loud enough for the people around to hear are often ... heard.
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2004, 10:42 PM   #11
Hawkspirit

Hawks'eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
What lesbian?

It shouldn't matter about her sexual preferance at all
what matters is young ladys carring them selfs as ladys following the rules you know keeping thangs respectable at all times
and if people are uncomfertable about it don't bring it to them and put it in their face to except it cause every one has the right to feel and make their own choices in life but just remeber to be carefull with the choices you make in life cause the wrong choices can bring you pain and confusion
Hawks'eyes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2004, 12:07 AM   #12
Tiny Tot Dancer

hummingrose can only hope to improve
Let her dance, but why does she feel the need to tell everyone what her sexual preference is? I don't introduce myslef with "Hi my name is Amanda and I'm heterosexual." She should dance, but she shouldn't make her sexual preference an issue at a pow wow, it's inappropriate.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:49 PM   #13
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by sookout sh'nob
For the record, I've seen quite a few men dancing as fancy shawl - especially in the Dakotas, and Montana.... I imagine of no one makes a huge public fuss about that, then the odd lesbian or two shouldn't matter much.

Still, dispariging comments about sexual and gender orientation are ogten stated just loud enough for the people around to hear are often ... heard.
Where at in Montana? Men dancing fancy shawl...as in "Competition" or in "switch dancing"? We have Mens Fancy Shawl and Mens Jingle contests...but they are more for fun than anything.

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2004, 06:08 PM   #14
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by hummingrose
Let her dance, but why does she feel the need to tell everyone what her sexual preference is? I don't introduce myslef with "Hi my name is Amanda and I'm heterosexual." She should dance, but she shouldn't make her sexual preference an issue at a pow wow, it's inappropriate.
I agree, it's inappropriate to announce which set of genitals one likes, or is it? If the MC can make jokes about snagging does this mean it's a free for all, no holds barred? Or should it be understood that his remarks are for all of us heterosexuals only, which I wouldn't mind. Gotta keep the freaks at bay, right? lol
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 08:09 AM   #15
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
first off. Why would there be a problem.? shes a woman aint ****?