Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Fancy Shawl Dancing who you think of ???? who you think of ????

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2003, 03:29 PM   #61
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
buffalohill is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Excuse me Creeguy24, I have nothing against Shawna K. but I think you should get away from The Land of the Living Skies.
buffalohill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2003, 11:37 AM   #62
Junior Dancer

Polly Powwow is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: my favorite dancer...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kanani_0222
THANK YOU NATIVE HONEY!! I KNOW LISA PERSONALLY AND SHE IS A GREAT PERSON!! JUS CAUSE SHE DOESNT ACT FONEY AND KISS EVERYBODY'S ASSS LIKE SOME PEOPLE DO TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP!! I KNOW LISA WONT TAKE ALL THESE REPLY'S TO THE HEART, IT WONT PHASE HER!! ITS JUS SAD EVERYBODY HAS TO TRASH HER ON HERE, BUT I GUESS THATS WHAT SHE GETS FOR BEING THE BEST:p :p :p :p :p :p
Well said Kanani!!! Lisa is doing quite well just talk to her last night! She is really busy with her teaching and proud we all should be of her that she is there to teach our future not only in the dance circle but in the classroom as well!!! I think my buddy Litefoot has the best quote for you all that are haters!!!

"Some of ya biggest haters are really ya biggest admirers. Their pride and fear won't allow them to tell ya the truth! - Litefoot
Polly Powwow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2003, 11:42 AM   #63
Tiny Tot Dancer

pueblo_honey is on a distinguished road
Alicia Littlebear:bouncy:
pueblo_honey is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #64
Tiny Tot Dancer

creejingledress is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

There are so many who come to mind....where do I begin...lol...they are all such good dancers. Any ladies who are in good enough shape to dance fancy get my applause.:clap:

~Bonnie Tomahsah
~Rose Track
~Trisha Albert
~Julie Albert
~Georgina Haywahe
~Lisa Ewalk
~Irene Oakes
~Carol Melting Tallow
~Sara Milward
~Nita McAdam
~Melissa Bradfield
~Jetta Wood
~Laverna Thompson
~Gina Hindsley
~Rose Greene
~Tia Daniels
~Shauna Kaisawatum
~Shianne Baptiste
~Michelle Whitecalf

All you ladies are great dancers and I enjoy watching all of you.....Keep it up!

Last edited by creejingledress; 03-12-2003 at 08:51 PM..
creejingledress is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2004, 04:45 PM   #65
Teen Dancer

Dakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond repute
Dakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond reputeDakota-GiftedGal has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with fafancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafancy
Native Diva, you have obviously never beat either Bonnie or Lisa because they have some of the worst attitudes out there. Bonnie acts like a spoiled brat and Lisa will stop talking to you and treat you like crap. You might be one of the people that they classify as "nobodies" when you ask them who is all at the pow-wow besides themselves. Nobody deserves first everytime but they would disagree.
I agree all the way.....Most of "Friendliest" Dancer depends if you are seen as hard competition than you are treated like crap or just one of the many
Dakota-GiftedGal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2004, 10:25 PM   #66
singaaa

Lesley Smoke has a spectacular aura about
No one in particular comes to mind...

but what DOES come to mind when i hear womans fancy was the canada VS united states schemitzun womans fancy special this summer....

that was real fun to watch lol
Old 12-24-2004, 10:30 PM   #67
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley Smoke
No one in particular comes to mind...

but what DOES come to mind when i hear womans fancy was the canada VS united states schemitzun womans fancy special this summer....

that was real fun to watch lol
yea that is sumthing to watch...i think of shianne baptiste, jolynn begay and bonnie t.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:34 PM   #68
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute
I got that on tape USA vs Canada it was cool, made my niece, she dances shawl, sit down and watch it while we were at that powwow and told her: these are best of the best in women's fancy so watch them close!
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #69
singaaa

Lesley Smoke has a spectacular aura about
Yeah i have it on tape too......lol
Old 01-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #70
49in_ndn

Gracie Her Many Horses...
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #71
Pow Wow Visitor

PaiuteDancer is an unknown quantity at this point
When I think of Fancy shawl dancers, Bonnie Tomasha or Lisa Ewak also come to mind.
PaiuteDancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2006, 05:08 AM   #72
Pow Wow Visitor

hermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond reputehermanyhorses has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 469.00
Talking (big smiles)

my three favorite fancy shawl dancers are Gracie Her Many Horses, she is my cuzzin which is nice to say. I have known her ever since i was just baby. And to say this is that she is good at what she does. She dances to enjoy herself, to meet old and new friends, and her family is ALWAYS! there to cheer her on. *bigsmiles* Next is Lillian Good Eagle is because of the style and the unique style she dances. She has her own flava to the mix. Finally is Cody High Elk she has the beauty of the way she shows her moves at the pow-wow.

With all of these women on the dance floor showing their moves this is the way of the original lakota and dakota style of dancing which is very honoring to some people. This also the old style of fancy dancing. *big smiles*
hermanyhorses is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links