Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Buckskin Dancing Does Anyone Know... Does Anyone Know...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
swt_tradish_dancr is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Does Anyone Know...

I went to Wildhorse Pow Wow in Pendleton, and I seen this woman with a shortfringe dress that had a red cape over it. She had her entire outfit of beaded roses, even her fan had beaded roses. Her outfit was just beautiful...left me in Awe that someone could spend so much time doing such an detailed design. When I later seen her at Julyamsh, she was wearing another fully beaded outfit that was blue! How Many Outfits doesn this woman have?! She's My Idol!!! Who Is She? Does Anyone Know?!
swt_tradish_dancr is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Savings: 1.00
Sounds very nice. Sounds like someone from one of the tribes that border on the Oregon Washington or Idaho states.
My grandparents people up that way are Yakama, Wasco, Umatilla and Nez Perce and you'll find alot of short fringe traditional outfits like that especially on the older women. How old was this woman?
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

She looked like just a kid! Barely out of highschool, if she's even grauated! She had beautiful regalia! Put together just perfect...it stood out from all the others. I've seen shortfringe dresses that were beaded, but I never seen anyone put a cape over the top of it...does this have a different meaning? When I seen her, she was walking with, who I'm assuming to be her significant other to the grand entry, he also had just beautiful beadwork!!! If she did both of their beadwork, they looked just perfect!!! His beadwork was a different color, but his shirt/pants for his grass outfit almost matched her...if that' what they was going for, they looked perfect!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
dancinfancy

dancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that sounds like an awsome outfit, maybe someone will know who she is and can point the way to where some pics are of her.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
buckskin momma

nascarboys3 is just really nice
Credits: 272.00
Smile

She maybe a current or past princess. I think I know who you are talking about though because I also saw them at Julyamsh and thought the same think.....wow what gorgeous beadwork!!! I would love to see more pics of her as well. I wonder if she does her own beadwork or if it is done by family. Has anyone seen a white background with red roses beaded buckskin dress for sale at a booth at Julyamsh or other WASHINGTON area powwows? The lady that made it is a friend of mine. Every piece matches!!! The cape, armbands, belt, leggins, mocs, barrette, everything!!! She said it took her 5 years to make! She does alot of beadwork for princess regalias too.
nascarboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Question

Well, the search is still on. I have actually found out that she is a member of the "Spino" family...out of Oregon area...SO...I'm almost there. I had actually heard she was like a rodeo princess or something like that. So...you may be right...
Old 09-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #7
Aint Dat Sumptin?

Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I'm surprised she hasnt spotted this thread yet. She hangs out on here too!...LOL. Come on out KERI!!! WHEH U IZ?!?!?...lol.

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."
Dat1NdnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
BOM CHICKA WAHWAAAAAAAAH

lilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond repute
lilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat1NdnGuy View Post
Wow, I'm surprised she hasnt spotted this thread yet. She hangs out on here too!...LOL. Come on out KERI!!! WHEH U IZ?!?!?...lol.

HAHA...dang!!! I didn't even know y'all was lookin for me!!! HAHAHA...But anyways, that outfit with the roses is my moms outfit. I'm borrowing it for the time being...until I finish my stuff...but yeah...KEWL!!!

lilbigwoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #9
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Quote:
Originally Posted by swt_tradish_dancr View Post
She looked like just a kid! Barely out of highschool, if she's even grauated! She had beautiful regalia! Put together just perfect...it stood out from all the others. I've seen shortfringe dresses that were beaded, but I never seen anyone put a cape over the top of it...does this have a different meaning? When I seen her, she was walking with, who I'm assuming to be her significant other to the grand entry, he also had just beautiful beadwork!!! If she did both of their beadwork, they looked just perfect!!! His beadwork was a different color, but his shirt/pants for his grass outfit almost matched her...if that' what they was going for, they looked perfect!!!
Well I guess you should take that as a compliment, he thinks your still in high school:)
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
BOM CHICKA WAHWAAAAAAAAH

lilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond repute
lilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Shweet!!! HAHA...Here I'm on the count down to the big 2-1. But I was actually a Happy Canyon Princess for the Pendleton Round-Up...but that wasn't for the Rodeo...haha...but kewl...this swt_tradish_dancr did their research...haha.

Oh yeah...and my boyfriend does his own beadwork/sewing.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:04 AM   #11
Aint Dat Sumptin?

Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Dat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond reputeDat1NdnGuy has a reputation beyond repute
pppssstttt

Be careful! I think u have a stalker!.... just teasin!

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."
Dat1NdnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #12
BOM CHICKA WAHWAAAAAAAAH

Talking

haha...crazy guy! So...who is this swt_tradish_dancr? I'm curious now...

Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Sorry Lilbigwoman!!! I didn't mean to freak you out or anything!!! I just LOVE your outfits!!! They are sooo beautiful!!! OMG!!! So, you do your own beadwork? Do you take orders? I want to have a fully beaded outfit, something simple, but flashy. Do you know anyone or would you consider taking an order? I just love the way you have everything put together. Your Boyfriend does beautiful work...especially his sewing. His grass outfits are just georgous!!! He definately stands out from the crowd. You both look just perfect together...
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #14
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Dang, girl! Now you're a celebrity! Can I still talk to ya, LOL?

I was planning on commenting on your really awesome avi pic you put up - you and your man make a very attractive couple!
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
BOM CHICKA WAHWAAAAAAAAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
Dang, girl! Now you're a celebrity! Can I still talk to ya, LOL?

I was planning on commenting on your really awesome avi pic you put up - you and your man make a very attractive couple!
*Graces Room With Presence* Yes N.of Ada, you can still talk to me...might have to charge ya for them autographs tho...JKS!!! Thank you for the complement...it's funny, when we went to that pow wow...everyone thought we was going for the whole "matching outfit look"...that was a complete coincidence...HAHA.

Umm...Swt_tradish_dancr, I'm not up for taking orders. I'm getting ready to start a new set...so WATCH OUT!!! So, sorry. Maybe if you ask around, maybe you could work sutm out with some of the people around here...

Old 09-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #16
dancinfancy

dancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond reputedancinfancy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by swt_tradish_dancr View Post
Sorry Lilbigwoman!!! I didn't mean to freak you out or anything!!! I just LOVE your outfits!!! They are sooo beautiful!!! OMG!!! So, you do your own beadwork? Do you take orders? I want to have a fully beaded outfit, something simple, but flashy. Do you know anyone or would you consider taking an order? I just love the way you have everything put together. Your Boyfriend does beautiful work...especially his sewing. His grass outfits are just georgous!!! He definately stands out from the crowd. You both look just perfect together...
You could try kqdsigns.com, they do really great work and their prices are pretty good too.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
BOM CHICKA WAHWAAAAAAAAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinfancy View Post
You could try kqdsigns.com, they do really great work and their prices are pretty good too.
You can order your regalia online?! DANG...and I've been doing all this work!!! BAHAH

Old 09-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #18
buckskin momma

nascarboys3 is just really nice
Credits: 272.00
I have a firend who does BEAUTIFUL beadwork and she even has some of her art in the Heard Museum!!! She has a fully beaded women's traditional outfit currently for sale. The sale price is $20,000 and the outfit includes a buckskin dress made to your size and the fully beaded arm cuffs, hat, cape/yoke, leggings, moccasins, bag, belt bag, and barrette. The background is all white with a big red rose with green leaves. All the pieces match! It is absolutly gorgeous!!! She said it took her 5 years to comoplete the whole outfit!!! And it has never been worn! let me know if you are interested and I can get you in touch with her. I am sure she has pics available.
nascarboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #19
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,501.71
$20,000 for a whole outfit?????? Wow! You can buy a new car with that amount, but I believe it. I'm thinking I should start making buckskin dresses now.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #20
BOM CHICKA WAHWAAAAAAAAH

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_miss View Post
$20,000 for a whole outfit?????? Wow! You can buy a new car with that amount, but I believe it. I'm thinking I should start making buckskin dresses now.
Dang...I could pay for two cars!!! I'll settle with doing my work instead of spending 20,000 bones. Well, it seems like you get more satisfaction if you do your own beadwork. I always love the feeling that something is complete, and you know that's it's good work, because it should be to the best of your ability.

I'm wanting to start my contemporary N.Tradish Cape, but everytime I pull it out, I just get intimidated...y'know? All the beadwork I've done, I haven't mustered up the courage to do it, but I'm actually getting excited to make a new shortfringe...kinda weird how that all works out inut?

Sponsored Links