Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Ah Why Not? I'll Open This Can of Worms Ah Why Not? I'll Open This Can of Worms

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2004, 08:40 AM   #41
Ole Heathen

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Badmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond reputeBadmutha has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbeedancer
As far as her being a publicity hound, not hardly...If anything, this girl is sick of the publicity and wants to get on with her life! Now that this thing has been settled, hopefully she can do so!
Here's an update:
http://www.newsobserver.com/nc24hour...-3077988c.html

Once again, I'm not defending Tosh. I think what he did is indefensible. But for denials of her being a publicity hound, do you ever read or watch television? Dr. Phil, The O'Reilly Factor, Good Morning America and countless newspaper articles detailing what an a$$hole Tosh is? Plus she hired an attorney who calls the press every time he breathes (he's known as NC's Johnny Cochran according to my friends in Chapel Hill and Fayetteville). In fact the very job she has with the Lumbee tribe deals with publicity. If she truly wants to get on with her life, she could have handled it like Vanessa Williams did. Stop playing the victim; get over it (which I think was Dr. Phil's advice), then she can truly get on with her life and probably even prosper. Look where Vanessa Williams is today. In 20 years, people outside of NC won't even remember who Rebekah Revels is.
These two have been acting like a couple of high school students, which is fine if they're 18. But their in their mid 20s. It's time for both of them to grow up.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:51 AM   #42
HIGH ROLLER

Heat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond repute
All I wanna know is what she plans to buy with the money.
Heat Miser J is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2004, 12:20 PM   #43
Insert Image Here

SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 261.80
Speaking of money... just remember there are two sides to every coin. Two sides to the story.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:44 PM   #44
Shadow Lurker

Destined to be alone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by katezninen
ha..i thought it was woop ***! :rofl2:
ha :rofl2: OUTTIE :Angel2
Destined to be alone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2004, 10:33 PM   #45
Junior Dancer

geronimo is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb we all have free will---we must deal w/consequences of what we choose, good or bad

first off, i've talked w/rebekah on several occasions and she comes across as a really nice, genuine person......it's an unfortunate situation to be in and i think she's handled it pretty well

but, i tend to agree w/badmutha-of course, tosh's actions are indefensible......but i agree that there seems to be holes in her story-(posing, cohabitation)-rules are set for reasons (whether you agree w/them or not),but the point in all of my rambling is... when you choose (you do have a choice) to be part of an organization (ex: law firms, pageants, tribal council, religious orgs.) and represent them, you choose to obey those guidelines (no matter how frivolous they seem to be or how stupid pageants really are:)) --she chose that route & to be associated w/them means to abide by certain stipulations-everyone knows other pageant girls do things in bad taste--it's no secret-but, that's irrevelant--that's like saying, "but everyone else does it, it's unfair, why should i be punished?!!" --the point is she got caught breaking their rules-maybe this will serve as a lesson to other girls who knowingly choose this route that sh*t does come out --so keep it on the DL, don't do it, or better yet.......don't be involved w/organizations like this who expect you to uphold a certain lifestyle---it's their prerogative as to whether they feel she upholds those values they're trying to put out there as an image--(i personally don't agree w/the beauty queen image or w/the way the organization went about dismissing her, but i think they were warranted in their actions)---it's a brand people, and they're going to do what they deem necessary to protect it & keep their regulations intact--if that means disqualifying someone who violated her contract, then that's what it means--