Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues "All-American Look" Issue "All-American Look" Issue

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
StandsTallWoman has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Post "All-American Look" Issue

Don't you all that "All-American Look" should be someone with brown hair and brown eyes? I think so because Native Americans have brown hair and brown eyes. Also, Native Americans were the first to step foot in the Americas and Canada. I have to bring this subject up to your attention.

To hear celebrities say that 'All-American Look" (someone with blond hair and blue eyes) just rubs me the wrong way. Why do the celebrities, and some ordinary people confused the real "All-American Look" with the "All-European Look"? I do not understand at all. Please feel free to comment or add comments as to what I have to say.

Last edited by StandsTallWoman; 04-29-2006 at 04:48 PM..
StandsTallWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

hoov4450 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandsTallWoman
Don't you all that "All-American Look" should be someone with brown hair and brown eyes? I think so because Native Americans have brown hair and brown eyes. Also, Native Americans were the first to step foot in the Americas and Canada. I have to bring this subject up to your attention.

To hear celebrities say that 'All-American Look" - someone with blond hair and blue eyes just rubs me the wrong way. Why do the celebrities, and some ordinary people confused the real "All-American Look" with the "All-European Look"? I do not understand at all. Please feel free to comment or add comments as to what I have to say. Thanks to those who read and/or make comments in advance.
I think i was just RUBBED the wrong way. but hey, i'll take any RUB i can get!!
hoov4450 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
used 2b Desiree

LILfawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Iunderstand where you are coming from. Most people who come to this country know this is not there homeland. Europeans who have been here for a generation or two forgot where they are from. ask any white person if they are an immigrant, they will say no. i think somewhere along the line europeans began to believe they ARE americans, natives that is.besides if you forget about us and claim your the true americans, we will just Disappear right?..lol
LILfawn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #4
Springdeer

Wyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond reputeWyldwolf52 has a reputation beyond repute
Please excuse this little one. But there are Tribes that have Blue eyes.
Springdeer

Last edited by Wyldwolf52; 04-28-2006 at 05:07 PM..
Wyldwolf52 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

Talking Hoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoov4450
I think i was just RUBBED the wrong way. but hey, i'll take any RUB i can get!!

Lolz, you're silly hoov4450.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldwolf52
Please excuse this little one. But there are Tribes that have Blue eyes.
Springdeer

Yep there sure are. Man this reminded me of this guy I saw many years ago.... he was soooooooooooooooooooo handsome. Oh muh damn he was hella tall, had long dark hair, beautiful dark skin, and the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. And the piece d'resistance......... he had a wonderful personality. All shy. hehe man.... I was too shy too. His uncle kept trying to get us to talk to each other. But we were all hahaha goot times! Bushy and Bux have some of the most beautiful green eyes. I met a few folks up in VA too that had some pretty eyes. One girl had green eyes with flecks of gold. THAT was nifty. (I pay attention to odd things lol)

Anyways...... yeah the "hang glide on a dorito" white blonde is soooooooooo not me. lol I stopped caring as much when I realized that short, round, and chocolate brown was beautiful too.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

Lightbulb More comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILfawn
I understand where you are coming from. Most people who come to this country know this is not there homeland. Europeans who have been here for a generation or two forgot where they are from. ask any white person if they are an immigrant, they will say no. i think somewhere along the line europeans began to believe they ARE americans, natives that is. besides if you forget about us and claim your the true americans, we will just Disappear right?..lol

Lolz Lil Fawn, I could not agree with you more. I guarentee that they would say no as well because they are ashamed to say that they are or were immigrants. Moreover, as soon as they become United States citizens, that's when they say that they are Americans.

We all need to know where our ancestors were from. There is a saying, "You will never know where are you going, if you do not know where you have been." The Native American people should not disappear because we were born and die here. Native Americans will never die, we are going to multiply lolz.

I would say that the Hollywood industry makes us feel that Native Americans do not exist, unless the White or Jewish people want to make movies about Native Americans and make profit off of us, which it is ashame.

I feel that all the Europeans or Jewish people (Steven Steilberg) who makes movie and make profit out of us, should donate 10-20% of the earnings to any Native American tribe that they desired, or to a few Native American organizations, including American Indian College Fund.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Senior Dancer

NDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond repute
I' ve noticed how most movies made about Natives are from Wild West times and nothing really pertaining to us today! I agree with you StandsTallWomen it's like they think were not even here anymore.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
used 2b Desiree

LILfawn is an unknown quantity at this point
I aree a donation should be paid, or at least stop paying most actors/ress inimum wage. what a bout the millions some other make, i d be an extra at that price. lol
LILfawn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2006, 06:04 AM   #10
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Let them have their all american look .. we are native nations, not americans right?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

I agree Blackbear. I know this is late. However, I would like to thank people for commenting on my post. Deeply appreciate it. Take care and peace.