Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Barack Obama to help Native Americans Barack Obama to help Native Americans

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
OgamaWab

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant future
Credits: 390.00
Savings: 362.25
Post Barack Obama to help Native Americans

Barack Obama is committed to honoring the federal government's obligations to the First Americans and strengthening the federal government's unique relationship with tribal nations. Recognizing the inherent sovereignty of tribes is not enough; we must also help build tribal nations through adequate funding of programs. Senator Obama is proud to be an original co-sponsor of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act of 2007. This long-overdue legislation will modernize Indian health care services and delivery, make it easier for Tribes and the IHS to attract quality health care professionals, and provide tribal health programs with more flexibility to ensure that funds are used to meet the specific needs of their communities.

The Senator's experience as a community organizer in some of Chicago's poorest neighborhoods taught him that there is no simple way to heal ills that often have complex causes. His comprehensive approach invests in physical, human and institutional infrastructure; increases access to capital and removes barriers to development; promotes education from the pre-school to the university level, including Native language immersion and preservation programs; and above all, develops authentic government-to-government relationships between the federal government and Indian tribes.
OgamaWab10 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Senior Dancer

wa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,939.03
Savings: 0.00
He's got my vote.
I would rather have someone for us
than somebody that feels like we don't matter.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
They always sound good before the election - it's after the election that the promises don't always hold up. Hopefully, he'd be different, if elected.
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
OgamaWab

OgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant future
Smile he is a good man

I know he won't back down. he is a man of his word. in fact he already help some with native american health care. in office he can do more. should watch his videos on youtube. he is a great speaker.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 91,408.05
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
This reminds me of the story of "Walking Eagle".
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
FANMAKR

spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 819.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
They always sound good before the election - it's after the election that the promises don't always hold up. Hopefully, he'd be different, if elected.
That's what I was thinking!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans
spottedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
OgamaWab

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedeagle View Post
That's what I was thinking!!!!!!
He is the best candidate out there. He speaks from his heart and he is honest, he has th best track record out there and has done many great things for the people. H evens goes to elders homes and cleans after them and takes care of them. Do you see any other candidates out there doing that? He does not accept money from lobbyist for there interest. go to youtube and watch him speak. many videos out there. you watch and you deicde.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

YouTube - Students for Barack Obama
Old 09-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #8
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Politicians say anything for a vote. Sometimes they do actually mean it, but even if they WANT to do something sometimes it isnt possible becuase of all the other political people in the place.

know what i mean jellybean?

I never get my hopes up about anything. This way I am never disappointed. Keeps me sane.
Really smart people who think they are smart.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
Teen Dancer

Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Credits: 100.00
Savings: 53.62
any politican says the things they think people want to hear and yes there are those who are sincere and well meaning but get over run by the political machine once elected...its all well and good to see a candidate kissing babies and helping in this or that way on camera,thats part of the imaging and packaging of a candidate...
a good test we can do on a personal level,is to contact the campaign office of a candidate and ask for their position paper on an issue that concerns you... this will tell you 2 things...what their position is and IF they even have a position paper on the issue
i did this in the bush-perot-(bill)clinton campaign...called each of the 3 offices and asked for their position paper on Indian issues...only one of the 3 had a paper and it was 17 pages long...the other 2 offices couldnt even tell me verbally what their candidate's stance was on any Indian issue...
btw it was bill clintons office who had the position paper( this is not an endorsement for hillary either)
Old 09-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #10
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
I really like his ideals and his past legislation. I think he would be a great president. I just don't think the country as "modern" as it claims to be, is ready for a minority president. I don't think it's ready for a woman either. But both candidates would be excellent, based on what they've already done as politicians. Just my two cents.

*L* If Kelly Ogle can give his, so can I. (Okie joke)

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
I am voting for Barack Obama!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #12
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
We may be ready for a minority or a woman, but is the rest of the world ready for us to have a minority or woman president?

Will it benefit us or our enemies?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #13
OgamaWab

Thumbs up truth

Just imagine all the good he could do, From his past records it shows that Barack Obama is ready to lead this country. Barack Obama will change America. He is a man of the people! He his been working all his life for this moment. For the hopes and dreams of a better world. He can make life better for all Americans, if we just work together. Today the big corporations run the country with their interest in hand. Lobbyist buying out people in office.

I would have to state Senator Hillary Clinton was bought out so many times. It is not even funny. Barack say no to lobbyist and say yes to the word of common people. That a fact and the matter is, just by taking a look of their track record that will show you and it will states the truth.

Would you vote for person that takes money from Lobbyist and be bought out and side with big corporations for their agendas? Barack Obama is not one of them, he is for the people. His track record show that. Over and over again. Barack Obama was against the war In Iraq. He voted no.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #14
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
I think the real question is "is WHITE america ready for a minority or woman leader?"

I think the rest of the world has had or have non-white or non-male leaders before.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #15
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,592.84
I agree with you on that one girl. I should have been more specific. I don't know how anyone else feels but my biggest worry is someone trying to do harm to Barack.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2007, 07:39 AM   #16
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaePrincess View Post
I agree with you on that one girl. I should have been more specific. I don't know how anyone else feels but my biggest worry is someone trying to do harm to Barack.
i agree with u both...if by some miracle they r elected... there is no way sad to say...that "white" america would let a black man run this country...

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #17
Singer

yellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond repute
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoejimbob View Post
We may be ready for a minority or a woman, but is the rest of the world ready for us to have a minority or woman president?

Will it benefit us or our enemies?
What are you trying to say here? Please be specific about who you think are "our enemies" are and what benefits you think they might enjoy in a hypothetical situation of America being led by a minority or female or minority female. The rest of the world is a big place and many other countries have shown they are more ready that the US by electing female and minority leaders.
yellowthunders mama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #18
Fat Singer

OUR ENEMIES doesnt necesarily mean any certain group that I can think of, it means "whoever is an enemy now or in the future, known or not known".

Maybe some countries can benefit from us having a woman or minority becuase they may not be an oil tycoon or businessman like most of the past presidents.

Eventually they will turn into one though, no doubt.

Power goes to the head no mattter who you think you are.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #19
Teen Dancer

Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
my personal opinion is that if clinton wins the nomination,obama will be her running mate for VP and if obama gets the nomination clinton will be the VP candidate
i think people should remember tho,that the public vote doesNOT count in the presidential elections...the farce of an election in 2000 was a very clear reminder of that....
Old 09-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #20
Teen Dancer

..double post...