PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Native Issues (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/)
-   -   Bogus Powwow Vendor (http://forums.powwows.com/f26/bogus-powwow-vendor-18815/)

little wolf 06-06-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steady Rollin
EVEN THOUGH A POW WOW IS OUR TRADITIONAL CELEBRATION, When your on a pow wow commitee you gotta run things like a business cuase there are people out there that wanna make a quik buck off our pow wows. You tell them payment first, If they don't want to comply then you don't give them their electicity until they pay. Simple as that, cause you have to make your money too. Money that goes to benifit our dancers, by fitting it into the prizemoney and whatever. Cause you need it. There's Bills that need to be payed to run a pow wow. So people don't let these people run all over you.

I STRONGLY AGREE!!! Money first or NOTHING.. That burger man better hope he don't come my way! :5:

Silly_Az_girl 06-15-2004 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little wolf
I STRONGLY AGREE!!! Money first or NOTHING.. That burger man better hope he don't come my way! :5:

*LOL*

What a rude guy.. I'll get the word out too!

shookshooklaquay 06-22-2004 08:01 AM

Battle with the Burger Man

Thats a real shame, Chuck and his family are great and the Natchez dance is looked forward too by so many people. I haven't gotten a chance to be there yet, but my family goes pretty much every year....and well Chucks big heart was rewarded with a Slap in the face by the tainted meat man!!! wow that guy sure messed with the wrong group of people...you better sleep with one eye open there burger boy.

Wakalapi 08-26-2004 06:52 PM

Hey just to refresh an older topic, any recent word in this guy?

Donna D 09-15-2004 10:43 AM

I don't think I've run into that guy. But we were at "Trade Days" right on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina. There was a vendor with smoked turkey legs right next to the arena. I had gone over to get a turkey leg for lunch when I heard him complaining loudly about the drums being so loud. Man, why do you want to set up right next to the arena if you don't like drums? What do you think we dance to? I think he also had something to say about Indians as well. Anyways, he had sold several of them legs to dancers before that comment, but not one more after! That's the way to get to those guys! Don't buy anything from them! This Trade Days thing has a powwow, and a country fair and a Civil War reeactment. Anyway, in one of the CW reenactments, some of our "Warriors" took their dance sticks and other implements of destruction and got in on the battle! They pulled those guys off their horses and generally had a good time. Funny thing, though, them reenactors didn't think it was so funny! Hmmm, some people got no sense of humor.

t'aultaun ondep 09-16-2004 11:23 PM

Scabby-Azz Burger Man

That's the scabbiest, most rugged thing I've heard about from a powwow in a really long time. That's just plain shameful.

Haven't been to Natchez in a really long time. No one deserves that kind of treatment.

PoncaPride 09-28-2004 03:22 PM

I hear ya'll. What about these wannabe's that gives committees hot checks cause they know the will be long gone by the time the check hits the bank. Then they stand around in their stands (the guys with no shirts on) trying to act all knowledgable and c**p. This one vendor goes everywhere selling shirts, caps and other "Indian made trinkets". AR. I won't put the name out just yet because of the litigation that's gonna come out of this. To make it worse...why do they always claim to be CHEROKEE! This makes the real Indian speaking Cherokee's look bad.

rpotts 10-01-2004 01:19 PM

It aint just wannabes giving hot checks for vendor space or actin ****ty when it comes time to pay. Hell last year we had 5 hot checks - 1 from Canada that we'll never be able to collect on - 2 from our own tribal members and 2 from other Natives we were able to collect from our tribal members almost a full year later but still haven't collected from the other three. Our pow wow is NATIVE ONLY when it comes to crafts and food and we still have the same problems. From that experience this year we did cash or money order only BEFORE any stand was set up which sucks - I hate being like that but we gotta pay the bills.

Tom Clinton 10-21-2004 08:16 PM

pow wow vendors

well some vendors have to now show cdib's to set up at many pow wows. this is a good thing!

some vendors get stuff made in tj mexico and pass it off as home made. exploitation of mexicans and you the $ public.

and travel coast to coast.....

ABENEWA KWE 10-31-2004 12:24 AM

wow ... that really suckz ... wuz he even native???? not that were all angels and ish, but wow .... that is crazy!!!! i can't see how someone can do some ish like that at a powwow .... unless their chimook

Native_Sooner 12-06-2004 03:19 PM

Oh MY! There's jus so many, dont get me started. (lol)

crazywolf 01-04-2005 10:19 PM

Florida pow wows and bad vendors

Boozhoo niji,

I live here in Florida, and have been to most of the pow wows down here, not each and every one, but probably close to 90% of them. I have to admit that I have never seen this guy or his markee set up, at any of them.

And he lives here in Florida? That has to tell you something. LOL

Anyway, I know most of the people that organize pow wows around here personally, and if I see someone with that name or mark setting up, will be sure to warn the committee.

Derek

Asgaya_Gigagei 01-06-2005 09:27 PM

I had attended this = Third Annual NHGI Melbourne PowWow

He was there. I had no Idea how this person worked but I waited a long time in his line and I got closer to the front and saw he was prepairing Indian Tacos with his bare hands and taking money without a wash inbetween. I was very put off and did not get anything like that, just a plain Frybread and a bottled water. Had I know what hes like to the People I would not have bothered. I was upset at only this part of the day. The Powwow was good tho. He was dirty. I could see it. But that kind of thing is a double whammy. Stiff you on the vendor fee and provide unsafe meals for 100's of people. That My dear friends is evil.

canavajo 01-07-2005 02:14 AM

Bad Publicity for Powwows

I copied the original message and forwarded to quite a few friends here in CA that hold Powwows and Rendezvous. The Mountain men Group were furious. Also, if a vendor claims it was made by a Native American they have to prove it or they will be reported to the Native American Arts It is in the Native News I think I will send a "Letter of Depreciation for the Natives in pursuit of happiness!" Just hang in there and be ndn.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 01-07-2005 02:29 AM

Just Nasty.....and sad....mostly nasty

hopping crow 01-25-2005 11:38 AM

This Guy Also Did The Same Thing Down Here In Tampa At The Seminole Rez.i Think This Guy Is Scum And That If I Had My Way...........well Ill Just Leave It At That Lol

indianbeware 03-08-2005 06:30 PM

indianbeware 03-08-2005 06:34 PM

There is also a Full Blood Shoshone Vendor/Artist who does the same thing.
MANY People know him! He is at most PowWows.
Sells other people's work, says it is his own........and KEEPS THE MONEY!!!!!!!!
That is sad!
Many Long Laboring Hours of WORK for "HIS POCKET?"
I am seriously considering adding his name /address/ and phone number as well!
I have to hand it to ya Mato !
I think these people SHOULD BE EXPOSED!

ndnmba 03-09-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianbeware
There is also a Full Blood Shoshone Vendor/Artist who does the same thing.
MANY People know him! He is at most PowWows.
Sells other people's work, says it is his own........and KEEPS THE MONEY!!!!!!!!
That is sad!
Many Long Laboring Hours of WORK for "HIS POCKET?"
I am seriously considering adding his name /address/ and phone number as well!
I have to hand it to ya Mato !
I think these people SHOULD BE EXPOSED!

I think there is a place on this website where you can rate a vendor or do something with reviewing of vendors.

lakota_mami303 03-16-2005 10:15 PM

wat about the white peeps that try 2 run a powwow! i've seen it.....kraazy