Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Bogus Powwow Vendor Bogus Powwow Vendor

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2004, 07:38 PM   #21
**KB Supporter**

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 36.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Rollin
EVEN THOUGH A POW WOW IS OUR TRADITIONAL CELEBRATION, When your on a pow wow commitee you gotta run things like a business cuase there are people out there that wanna make a quik buck off our pow wows. You tell them payment first, If they don't want to comply then you don't give them their electicity until they pay. Simple as that, cause you have to make your money too. Money that goes to benifit our dancers, by fitting it into the prizemoney and whatever. Cause you need it. There's Bills that need to be payed to run a pow wow. So people don't let these people run all over you.
I STRONGLY AGREE!!! Money first or NOTHING.. That burger man better hope he don't come my way! :5:
little wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 08:30 AM   #22
Teen Dancer

Silly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.00
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by little wolf
I STRONGLY AGREE!!! Money first or NOTHING.. That burger man better hope he don't come my way! :5:
*LOL*

What a rude guy.. I'll get the word out too!
Old 06-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

shookshooklaquay has a spectacular aura about
Battle with the Burger Man

Thats a real shame, Chuck and his family are great and the Natchez dance is looked forward too by so many people. I haven't gotten a chance to be there yet, but my family goes pretty much every year....and well Chucks big heart was rewarded with a Slap in the face by the tainted meat man!!! wow that guy sure messed with the wrong group of people...you better sleep with one eye open there burger boy.
shookshooklaquay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #24
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 336.00
Hey just to refresh an older topic, any recent word in this guy?
Old 09-15-2004, 11:43 AM   #25
Tiny Tot Dancer

Donna D is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think I've run into that guy. But we were at "Trade Days" right on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina. There was a vendor with smoked turkey legs right next to the arena. I had gone over to get a turkey leg for lunch when I heard him complaining loudly about the drums being so loud. Man, why do you want to set up right next to the arena if you don't like drums? What do you think we dance to? I think he also had something to say about Indians as well. Anyways, he had sold several of them legs to dancers before that comment, but not one more after! That's the way to get to those guys! Don't buy anything from them! This Trade Days thing has a powwow, and a country fair and a Civil War reeactment. Anyway, in one of the CW reenactments, some of our "Warriors" took their dance sticks and other implements of destruction and got in on the battle! They pulled those guys off their horses and generally had a good time. Funny thing, though, them reenactors didn't think it was so funny! Hmmm, some people got no sense of humor.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2004, 12:23 AM   #26
Just Rugged Guy

t'aultaun ondep is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Scabby-Azz Burger Man

That's the scabbiest, most rugged thing I've heard about from a powwow in a really long time. That's just plain shameful.

Haven't been to Natchez in a really long time. No one deserves that kind of treatment.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:22 PM   #27
Tiny Tot Dancer

PoncaPride is just really nice
I hear ya'll. What about these wannabe's that gives committees hot checks cause they know the will be long gone by the time the check hits the bank. Then they stand around in their stands (the guys with no shirts on) trying to act all knowledgable and c**p. This one vendor goes everywhere selling shirts, caps and other "Indian made trinkets". AR. I won't put the name out just yet because of the litigation that's gonna come out of this. To make it worse...why do they always claim to be CHEROKEE! This makes the real Indian speaking Cherokee's look bad.

Last edited by PoncaPride; 01-03-2006 at 12:35 PM..
PoncaPride is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2004, 02:19 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

rpotts is an unknown quantity at this point
It aint just wannabes giving hot checks for vendor space or actin ****ty when it comes time to pay. Hell last year we had 5 hot checks - 1 from Canada that we'll never be able to collect on - 2 from our own tribal members and 2 from other Natives we were able to collect from our tribal members almost a full year later but still haven't collected from the other three. Our pow wow is NATIVE ONLY when it comes to crafts and food and we still have the same problems. From that experience this year we did cash or money order only BEFORE any stand was set up which sucks - I hate being like that but we gotta pay the bills.
rpotts is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2004, 09:16 PM   #29
Junior Dancer

Tom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant future
pow wow vendors

well some vendors have to now show cdib's to set up at many pow wows. this is a good thing!

some vendors get stuff made in tj mexico and pass it off as home made. exploitation of mexicans and you the $ public.

and travel coast to coast.....
Tom Clinton is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2004, 01:24 AM   #30
Teen Dancer

ABENEWA KWE is a glorious beacon of light
wow ... that really suckz ... wuz he even native???? not that were all angels and ish, but wow .... that is crazy!!!! i can't see how someone can do some ish like that at a powwow .... unless their chimook
"When the forest weeps, the Anishinabe who listens will look back at the years. In each generation of Ojibway there will be a person who will hear the si-si-gwa-d, who will listen and remember and pass it on to the children."

"Night Flying Woman"

ABENEWA KWE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2004, 04:19 PM   #31
Muzzy Dancer

Native_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond reputeNative_Sooner has a reputation beyond repute
Oh MY! There's jus so many, dont get me started. (lol)
Native_Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #32
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
Savings: 1.00
Florida pow wows and bad vendors

Boozhoo niji,

I live here in Florida, and have been to most of the pow wows down here, not each and every one, but probably close to 90% of them. I have to admit that I have never seen this guy or his markee set up, at any of them.

And he lives here in Florida? That has to tell you something. LOL

Anyway, I know most of the people that organize pow wows around here personally, and if I see someone with that name or mark setting up, will be sure to warn the committee.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #33
PowWows.com Addicts

Asgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond repute
Asgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond reputeAsgaya_Gigagei has a reputation beyond repute
I had attended this = Third Annual NHGI Melbourne PowWow

He was there. I had no Idea how this person worked but I waited a long time in his line and I got closer to the front and saw he was prepairing Indian Tacos with his bare hands and taking money without a wash inbetween. I was very put off and did not get anything like that, just a plain Frybread and a bottled water. Had I know what hes like to the People I would not have bothered. I was upset at only this part of the day. The Powwow was good tho. He was dirty. I could see it. But that kind of thing is a double whammy. Stiff you on the vendor fee and provide unsafe meals for 100's of people. That My dear friends is evil.
Asgaya_Gigagei is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2005, 03:14 AM   #34
Native Illuzionz-My Biz

canavajo is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 431.06
Talking Bad Publicity for Powwows

I copied the original message and forwarded to quite a few friends here in CA that hold Powwows and Rendezvous. The Mountain men Group were furious. Also, if a vendor claims it was made by a Native American they have to prove it or they will be reported to the Native American Arts It is in the Native News I think I will send a "Letter of Depreciation for the Natives in pursuit of happiness!" Just hang in there and be ndn.

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.
canavajo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2005, 03:29 AM   #35
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
Savings: 1.00
Just Nasty.....and sad....mostly nasty

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 PM   #36
NORTHERN TRADITIONAL

hopping crow is an unknown quantity at this point
This Guy Also Did The Same Thing Down Here In Tampa At The Seminole Rez.i Think This Guy Is Scum And That If I Had My Way...........well Ill Just Leave It At That Lol
Old 03-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #37
IndianBeware

indianbeware is an unknown quantity at this point
indianbeware is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #38
IndianBeware

indianbeware is an unknown quantity at this point
There is also a Full Blood Shoshone Vendor/Artist who does the same thing.
MANY People know him! He is at most PowWows.
Sells other people's work, says it is his own........and KEEPS THE MONEY!!!!!!!!
That is sad!
Many Long Laboring Hours of WORK for "HIS POCKET?"
I am seriously considering adding his name /address/ and phone number as well!
I have to hand it to ya Mato !
I think these people SHOULD BE EXPOSED!
indianbeware is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #39
Junior Dancer

ndnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 140.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianbeware
There is also a Full Blood Shoshone Vendor/Artist who does the same thing.
MANY People know him! He is at most PowWows.
Sells other people's work, says it is his own........and KEEPS THE MONEY!!!!!!!!
That is sad!
Many Long Laboring Hours of WORK for "HIS POCKET?"
I am seriously considering adding his name /address/ and phone number as well!
I have to hand it to ya Mato !
I think these people SHOULD BE EXPOSED!
I think there is a place on this website where you can rate a vendor or do something with reviewing of vendors.
ndnmba is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2005, 11:15 PM   #40
303 tHaS hOw iT bE!

lakota_mami303 is a jewel in the rough
wat about the white peeps that try 2 run a powwow! i've seen it.....kraazy
lakota_mami303 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links