Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Cherokee attacks Kentucky tribes? Cherokee attacks Kentucky tribes?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
HistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scale
Credits: 131.11
Savings: 0.00

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:27 PM..
HistoryStudent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 86,347.52
Let me ask you something.

I've skimmed over your posts on this thread and others and it seems as if you are trying to teach "history" to people who already know their own history and more about their tribes than will ever be taught in some "history" class. So why do you come in here to profess textbook materials?

@Josiah was trying to say that the first treaty between the Cherokee and the US Federal govt was signed by George Washington, he didn't say the first treaty signed between the US govt and any tribe was the with Cherokee.

A small piece of advice: you put way too much into your posts, so much so that most people just skim them at most. Try breaking them down and don't create large run-on sentences and paragraphs. I would expect better grammar and English composition from a history student than this - granted that this is the internet. Also it might not be a good idea to continually copy and paste stuff from other websites, at least without providing a link to the source. OR you could just stop trolling.

@pigheaded et al. I searched this guy and he is not the same as YellowHair and Blackfeather two, a completely different person than anyone else registered here. Unless he moved like 1,000 miles.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #23
The Shamed One

Scabbraidz has a reputation beyond repute
Scabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,352.63
Savings: 304.34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
A small piece of advice: you put way too much into your posts, so much so that most people just skim them at most. Try breaking them down and don't create large run-on sentences and paragraphs. I would expect better grammar and English composition from a history student than this - granted that this is the internet. Also it might not be a good idea to continually copy and paste stuff from other websites, at least without providing a link to the source. OR you could just stop trolling.
I thought the same thing too, when I saw or read this thread earlier today. His posts are so long and rambling that they end up being hard to register completely. I also ended up forgetting various portion(s) from one or two of his posts, and it just got me too confused to reply.

But I'm curious as to how long did it take for HistoryStudent to write or put together each of his posts?
Scabbraidz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #24
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
I wish the software would tell us how long people spent creating a reply but it doesn't do it... but then again it would eat up so many more server resources that this site would be slow at times.

I see you have been listed as "Replying to thread" for a bit now HistoryStudent. Are you having trouble with posting? (and no that was not a snide remark)

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #25
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
He's plagiarizing most of the written material. Found this sentence attached to this document:
Quote:
Afterward, the Lumbee celebrated by holding up the abandoned KKK banner...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hayes_Pond

Most of us that have ever taught at the post secondary level have sniffer software that helps us root out plagiarism. I found most of your cut and pastes in a matter of minutes... the copyright owner can find you in about the same time.

History student, you are in all likelihood in violation of copyright material and if you want to cut and paste, the Berne Convention of which the US is a signatory requires you to give a citation to the work you are lifting. In fact, the owner of this site could very well be held in violation of copyright for your postings... so either post your citations or edit your material.

If you are going to lift large amounts of text without being given permission, then I suggest you think seriously about the consequences of your actions. If you have the copyright owner's permission, then cite the work and list the permissions.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #26
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
He's plagiarizing most of the written material. Found this sentence attached to this document:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hayes_Pond
Ohhhh BUSTED!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #27
Banned

HistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scale

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:29 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #28
I pull your leg out!

Ok, you clearly didn't listen... and I will admit I just skimmed your stuff AGAIN. You NEED to INCLUDE and CITE your sources in here and not rely on others to go and find them - that is your duty.

What I mean by not posting so much at one time is to give it a visual break on the page. You can do this by creating several consecutive posts.

OH and by the way Don't try to school the site's resident computer nerd, former World of Warcraft addict of 4 years and PC gaming geek (real games not website junk) - ME - in lingo like "Troll-(ing)". A troll can also be someone who enters into a discussion or starts one, though relevant to the primary topic - but just posts massive amounts of rambling stuff that he or she has just simply copied and pasted from somewhere else. This is what you have done. You created topics related to "Native Issues" but just dumped Wikipedia articles into a thread - no originality. People that frequent this site do not like this and typically will ignore it rather than enter into an intellectual discussion.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #29
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #30
I pull your leg out!

They are asking you ti cite your source for validity purposes, so that way others can reference what you have written so they can make a comment on the quality of the source.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #31
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 01:42 AM   #32
I pull your leg out!

I'm only citing some more recent examples dude. I grew up with video games and have been using computers since the Apple IIe.

Now back on topic, all we are asking is for something simple, that is to just post your sources. Will you do it?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #33
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryStudent View Post
That was from "wikipedia" maybe your not aware of what wikipedia is. Important note: The Wikimedia Foundation does not own copyright on Wikipedia article texts and illustrations. It is therefore pointless to email our contact addresses asking for permission to reproduce articles or images, even if rules at your company or school or organization mandate that you ask web site operators before copying their content.

The only Wikipedia content you should contact the Wikimedia Foundation about is the trademarked Wikipedia/Wikimedia logos, which are not freely usable without permission.

Feel free to go look at the wikpedia website about that.

Also maybe you did not know, but I helped with some of the writing to that article. So in fact, if you yourself copied it fully then you might be the one being plagiarizing from me. Just take a moment to go and find out what wikipedia is.
And what of the other 15 non-wiki sites that the same sentence is found on?I posted the wiki one as it was the first to appear on the long list of sites.

Personally, I could care less if you continue posting your drivel. I stopped reading your posts in their entirety when you posted as Yellowhair...

In your case you are using a wrecking ball to hammer home points that might be otherwise be better off getting across with a feather.

As a critique, your posts are hard to read, rambling and at times, opiniated to the point where it leaves no room for debate.

You also remind of the poster that went on and on about the vikings... all pith and no substance.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #34
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #35
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #36
Banned

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #37
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Quote:
I think it has already been stated I'm not yellow hair. Now let me quote to you some laws.....

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image.

And yes that right there is from wikipedia.....and that is what you are starting to touch on. So now that your starting to make false statements about me....and want to talk about legal terms...you may want to check out some legal terms yourself.

As for them other sites you stated. They also have quoted from wikipedia. Like I said before...you really need to find out what wikipedia is. It is the most used site to use for information and it is the most copy and pasted from site on the internet.
LOL You are an idiot. As Zeke would say, I'm embarassed for you. Please someone tell this moron what he just said that is so funny.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #38
The Shamed One

Scabbraidz has a reputation beyond repute
Scabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,352.63
Savings: 304.34
Quote:
Can never be too much information. to get a full understanding of a issue such as this...this does effect every single State recognized tribe in the USA, so as much info and in as much detail is needed. I'd rather the full information to be there and they choose to skim over it rather than not tell everything and not even give them a chance to skim over them.

I actually did source all that stuff. Anyone who reseraches any of it will find around 50 sites with the same stuff. But I sourced it from the actual documents etc. It is sourced though.

As for this stuff coming from some "history" class. No this stuff is not taught in your normal history class. Also alot of tribes in america today have a large break in their oral history and their own history. This is why alot of tribes today really are unclear on what tribe their people actually came from. then you have some tribes who only teach of their tribe and not the other tribes in america. The Federal cherokee for example mis educate people in saying there is only 3 cherokee tribes and the rest is fake. They try to mis educate people in saying if anyone but them claim cherokee then they are a fraud. Alot of people do not even know Cahokia is the mother land per say to our mound builders. Alot of people do not know all 5 of our native mother's DNA is found at Cahokia, and Cahokia was based up of 5 mother tribes. Alot of people do not even know there is a Pyramid at Cahokia that is much larger than the pyramids in Egypt. Alot of people do not even know that the Mayans traveled to places like Cuba which is where we get the Taino, the Taino also having tribes in Florida. Cuba the direct neighbor to the Mayans. Yet people would lead you to believe the Mayans just disappeared if you was to learn from your "general" history class. Alot of people do not even know the NC and VA tribes designed their idols out of Florida tribes. People would also not know that the NC and Va tribes used the same type of calendar/clock that the Mayans used which is based off of wheels and the exployers who saw these and wrote about them actually described them and said these are replicas of the ones found in Mexico aka Mayan. Alot of people do not even know the actual historical records from the 1500-1700's described the druming style in NC and Va as the same you find in the Mayan and Aztec cultures, 1 drum 1 drummer and two sticks. If you went by history classes you would be lead to think the NC and Va tribes historically used 1 drum 1 stick and many drummers which is not historically correct for NC and VA or in the bahamas or in Mexico. Alot of people also do not know the Serpant mound in Ohio was designed nearly exactly like the stone Serpant in Mexico that both casts the Serpant shadow. If you went by general history classes you would be lead to believe the one in Mexico is the only one. General history class does not even teach us that the southern tribes practiced skull modifacation just like in the Mayan people just ours was not on a more drastic level like as elongating. General history classes does not teach us that the SC, NC, and Va tribes painted their bodies blue and put a circle around each eye which to Mayan scholars would recognize this easily among Mayan art. History books generally does not tell you about the slave trade in Nc, Va, and Sc with Barbados and their other areas such as Cuba and Mexico. The tribes people of Mexico, Caribeans, North Carolina, virginia, and South Carolina was being sent back and forth to each other's areas as slaves. It got so bad that Barbados actually made it a crime to bring anymore indians from America or Mexico onto their islands and made it a crime to ship anymore of their Barbados indians off that island. Thats a little thing they generally do not teach you in history class or was a part oral history of the tribal descendants of today. Sometimes you have to go beyond oral history, go beyond what they teach you in school, and seek your history yourself and then bring back what you learned to the rest of the tribal communties. Just listening to the Federal Cherokee you will see how little they care about oral history...maybe they care about their own oral history however when it comes to other tribe's oral history they reject...I'm not making that up, just go to their websites and you'll see they admit to this, they even encourage and want people to reject other tribe's oral history it is right there plain as day on their site.

Now I did see you use the term "Trolling". Alot of the "new age" internet people tend to not understand what that actually means. So I'll elaberate alil more so people understand what that means.
:: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. ::

This section is called the Native issues, and this topic is about Federal tribe's attacking State recognize tribes and broken treaties etc. Which falls under the guide lines of a Native issue. If you check out the other topics in this section you shall notice various other Native issues which covers these types of things. you'll even see topics from people that is refered to as "wanna be hunters" which you'll generally see those topics as a more direct attack more than a defensive stance, while topics like this one I started here is more in a "defensive" stance. If you search the topics I've stated in here then you'll notice these topics in this thread has been all over the news which again proves this is a Native issue. If you search the stuff covered in this topic you shall also find that this stuff has been brought into courts and there has been protests etc so again a Native issue and fits perfectly in this topic and is far from what the older internet people such as the white hats and black hats (thats a old school internet slang for the creators of the internet and the creators of the slang Trolling) refer to as "trolling". Trolling fits more into someone going into a chat room discussion on cartoons and never discusses cartoons but just flat out attacks all the others there or just keeps discussing topics that is anything but cartoons. This here is whats called a Debate which is far from Trolling. I'll just elaberate more on what a debate is.

::Debate or debating is a method of interactive and representational argument. Debate is a broader form of argument than logical argument, which only examines consistency from axiom, and factual argument, which only examines what is or isn't the case or rhetoric which is a technique of persuasion. Though logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are important elements of the art of persuasion, in debating, one side often prevails over the other side by presenting a superior "context" and/or framework of the issue, which is far more subtle and strategic.::

As for grammer, in a debate grammer is not key, in a court of law grammer plays no part as in a court of law it is more about stating your case and proving your case thru records and research. No court case has been won on grammer.

All in all, I'd say no one has replied back being able to produce positive reasoning for the Federal cherokee making their attacks on the Freedman, Lumbee, or state recognized tribes. Yet I believe I have did a pretty good job in defending the freedman, Lumbee, and state recognized tribes as far as to why they should not be attacked. I've seen insults replied back without any educated backing as to the atual topic or them leaving any actual reasoning to support the Federal Cherokee's attacking these people, and as you can see one of those people admited they have no interest in hearing the other tribe's side in all this or even researching both sides, and the person even for some reason attempted to insult the name "smith" without even knowing smith was the chief of the Federal Cherokee which is the one backing these attacks on the Freedman, Lumbee, and state recognized tribes of America. so that there showed the person had no formal research into this matter instead just wanted to make some insults which is the definition of "trolling". Now I'll point out, Native issues falls under Politics, Politics is largely based off of debates and to get a better understanding of that, youtube search for "electoral debate".

Believe it or not, the state recognized tribes make up a larger population than the federal recognized populations, and the state recognized tribes defiently out number the federal cherokee...and since I'm here defending the state recognized tribes of america in this topic....that means I'm representing more of the majority of the native people...so making racist comments that is normally used toward white people holds no grounds here unless this topic actual included "European" (which it does not) and is quite confussing as to the identity of the one making racist comments since again I'm the one here defending the majority of the Native people. Which I'll again point out what the actual definition of "trolling" is. If my topic makes just 1 person decide to research both sides of parties before attacking instead of just blindly attacking people just because someone tells them to....then my topic has served it's purpose. how can you even call a person or group fake and frauds without even researching that person or groups. Think about it. how can you attack a person or group that is only celebrating their proven heritage. Think about it. If you really think there is only 3 groups of proven Cherokee ancestry....then you really should start researching that subject more.
Scabbraidz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #39
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
Video games is not the internet. The internet is about coding. the white hatters and black hatters made up the internet lingo and slang for ourself and alot of people started stealing the lingo we used and started running with their ideas of what it is. One prime example is "hacker" and "hacking". That was a term created for the creators of the internet...back to the guys at MIT...Bill gates...etc... hacker and hacking was origially terms used specifically for coders...people who wrote the coding that all computer programs run. Hacker is actually the original term for the white hats which is a computer programer. a black hat is actualy the opposite of a hacker yet today people actually think a hacker is a black hat when it was the black hats who sought to cause damage and went against everything the white hats stood for.
I know what hackers, crackers, black and white hatters, NAPs, POPs, MAEs, T1, T3, QPI, DMI, (and thousands of more abbrvs.), how a transistor works, how magnets store digital info, the history of the internet and computers and how they actually work electrically and it goes on and on. You don't need to continue to rant on the subject. FYI - What you have done on this thread is considered Trolling and even though gamers and script kiddies have taken on the larger use of the term you still fall under it.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 AM   #40
Banned

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Sponsored Links