Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Cherokee attacks Kentucky tribes? Cherokee attacks Kentucky tribes?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #41
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryStudent View Post
What that your from Canada. I'm guessing Surrey, Canada or Masset, Canada.

R.K.

Whch this means....your not even a part of the USA tribes. And this is a discussion on USA issues...which makes me wonder.. if your in Canada...why are you trolling on a thread that does not deal with Canada? Things that make you wonder.
Are you part of a USA federally or state recognized tribe yourself?

Last edited by comadre; 12-14-2011 at 03:12 AM..
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #42
Banned

HistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scale
Credits: 131.11

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:30 PM..
HistoryStudent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #43
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
So after thousands of typed words this thread has morphed into:
Who looks Ndn?
Really?

And I thought this was going to be a fresh discussion about the issue of Fake tribes who only form so that they can get money
Yes there are always exceptions...Some actually do try to help.
But for the other 99% that only have stories,why call yourself what you are not! Where were you 150 years ago we could have used your help! You could have helped your brothers and sisters but no you hid out! You slid off into to the woods and changed your names!
MY Kinfolks going back to written time have not hid
Have fought and struggled and walk the Trail where we Died!
And now you come forth!!!
NOW!!
When there is money to gotten to
For Shame!!

If you have documentation then by all means show it and that should be enough! Welcome to the club!

History is History it was written down the rest is just stories anybody can dispute....

NOw let the yelling begin
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #44
pigheaded

Quote:
Pigheaded. You replied with insults...and insults mean what? Did you reply with any historical records? did you reply quoting from any research? Did you reply with anything sourced?

hmmm..I don't think you did.

When you reply with insults instead of educated quotes and sources...it don't make you look very good.

I mean look how much I wrote..and all you got to reply back with that was insults. You do understand if this was a Debate contest which people do have....you would lost that debate right?
Well, then I guess that works out perfectly for me seeing as I didn't come here for a debate, if that is what you want, I suggest you go to yahoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
LOL You are an idiot. As Zeke would say, I'm embarassed for you. Please someone tell this moron what he just said that is so funny.
what is so funny you overzealous duschebag is yaahl is an attorney, and well versed in American law, take about foot in mouth disease. Don't feel bad, it usually comes with head up butt disease

Quote:
Pigheaded.

Tribal Affiliation
none
in MY own little world, where I'm the boss.
Interests
apparently ticking people off
friends: yaahl

Interest is "ticking people off" prime example of a troll. Friend is Yaahl, Yaahl apprently not even being asociated with USA tribes. Pigheaded apprently stating no tribal affilation.

Quite interesting. Especially seeing how pigheaded only came to this thread to yell insults and making racist comments, without writing anything on the actual issue discussed here.
Oh, no you found my very public information, what ever shall I do. How about this peabrain Tribal affiliation is none, because as a half breed Cherokee, who grew up in Pima country, I didn't see the logic in enrolling to obtain, "affiliate" status, that is hardly confidential information. BTW, that would be out of Oklahoma, you know the ones that are Federally recognized.

Location, well, you obviously don't understand humor, as far as interests go, this is what I'm talking about.

You know there are not many times Zeke and I agree, but this is definitely one of those times we do, You ARE AN IDIOT and an EMBARRASSMENT.

As far as your accusations of my spouting racial remarks to you, I'd remind you to not be a pot calling the kettle black when it comes to defamation. I Berated, you, insulted, you and called you names, but never did I make a remark about your race, creed, color, or sexual orientation.

So listen up Yellow Hair, or Yellow Hair's twin brother who lives about 1000 miles away. You and your historical fact, mean nothing to a people who's history has been passed down from generation to generation, WE KNOW, our history, it wasn't lost, that is the crap New Aged freaks and wannabes use when they app;y for State recognition of an all non native tribe. Remember this [email protected]$$, your historical fact told us the world was flat. Historical fact teaches our children a lie about thanksgiving, if you want to know a more FACTUAL story, search the archives here, you'll get it. History also tells us that there are 3 other people who take credit for a Nikoli Tesla's inventions. These we know are wrong. History is also great in telling us nothing about what happened. for instance, how many stories to you hear in class rooms that speak of the raping and mutilations of our people by the armies, women children and elders, how many stories do you hear of children having their skulls crushed with the butt of a rifle or the heel of a boot, so that the army didn't waste bullets. So see to me anyway, your historical fact don't mean Sh!%.

And to your assumption that I only came here to insult and throw racial remarks to you, nothing is further from the truth, I originally came here to give honor to a man who gently corrected your false information. But then you got insulting to an elder and a respected member of this board. As I see it YOU fired the first shot.

Last edited by pigheaded; 12-14-2011 at 09:40 AM..
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #45
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
What that your from Canada. I'm guessing Surrey, Canada or Masset, Canada.

R.K.

Whch this means....your not even a part of the USA tribes. And this is a discussion on USA issues...which makes me wonder.. if your in Canada...why are you trolling on a thread that does not deal with Canada? Things that make you wonder.

Now the plot thickens.

Pigheaded.

Tribal Affiliation
none
in MY own little world, where I'm the boss.
Interests
apparently ticking people off
friends: yaahl

Interest is "ticking people off" prime example of a troll. Friend is Yaahl, Yaahl apprently not even being asociated with USA tribes. Pigheaded apprently stating no tribal affilation.

Quite interesting. Especially seeing how pigheaded only came to this thread to yell insults and making racist comments, without writing anything on the actual issue discussed here.
You know I'm getting mighty tired of the safe, fallback retort being used by some folks on here that being born on this side of the imaginary border makes me unable to understand or have any idea how the US works. Unlike you my dear plagiarizing misfit, when they drew the lines between my people's territories they didn't wipe out family and clan lines. I find it is only persons with a weak and thin global understanding themselves that use the retort that a Canadian couldn't understand. If you truly understood First Nation issues then you would know that a Dakota in Saskatchewan is the same as the ones on the other side of the border, so are the Haudenosaunee, the Blackfeet, Salish, Haida, Tlingit, Wabanaki, Anishnabe etc. Do you honestly believe that when they drew the border we all ceased to exist as nations? I'd like to see you tell a member from Akwasane that they have no business discussing US/Canada/provincial/state issues. Your lack of understanding has so many holes it that it shows that you have no connection to anyone and is based on cutting and pasting from the internet.

Your effort to throw a few Canadian cities and town names in an attempt to show how clever you are has sadly only proven that you are a substandard researcher at best. The places you named are geographically so far apart that a grade two student could have told you that. You also forgot one tiny piece of information that would have indicated that you knew where you were talking about.

Now the irony of your diatribe about Canadians is that if you were to have found yourself on this side of the border as a mixbreed with no tribal affiliation you still would find yourself with a constitutionally enshrined right to national recognition (and in some cases, even find yourself eligible for both provincial and federal funding). You would even find you have a national organization to represent you that gets invited to the government tables. You would also find that up here, you would be afforded the privilege of carrying an eagle feather if one were to find its way into your life and you would also be afforded human rights protection to carry a bundle of rights under both federal and provincial laws.

As Josiah as indicated, amongst his tribe he can find relatives in any of the tribal locations. So can I. I have Haida and Tlingit relations on both sides of the border. I even have relations located in the Four Corners. What affects my cousins and aunties in Sitka also affects me and it was Sitka long before it was ever part of the US. However, you have failed to grasp even the simplest of concepts that our nations reach far across any boundary set out by stroke of a Washington or Ottawa pen.

I also speak all three of my family's languages and the eight dialects spoken regionally. How many of your people's language do you speak? You should try learning, as your command of English is well, not very commanded. You might be better understood if you spoke in the language of your ancestors.

As for your attack on my gender and photography, do you honestly think that ever single mountain in the Rockies looks the same? If you do, then I maintain my statement that you are in an idiot. The photo on my avatar is from Lake Agnes and the Victoria Glacier - place that has been photographed by millions of people. I'm sure if you use your super duper research powers on the internet you'll find even more pictures of it. Yaahl is the Haida word for Raven, I am of that clan, my mother was a Raven, so was her mother and her mother's mother and we can go back as far as you like. My father is an Eagle. My child and grandchildren are Ravens that ought to tell you how far off you were on your wild a$$ guessing on the gender.

You are still an idiot and I am embarrassed for you.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Last edited by yaahl; 12-14-2011 at 12:11 PM..
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #46
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 82,072.92
A couple points that you need to understand.

Most people on here do not write down everything in their profiles, especially their tribal affiliation - some exclude info to remain as private as possible. You, yourself, do not have any info filled out so what gives you the right to bash someone for doing the same.

Secondly, you should never come onto a board as a n00b and start flaming, making accusations or professing info from Wikipedia as you have done to well respected "regulars" and moderators.

Thirdly, history even as taught at the university level is full of inaccuracies; Josiah pointed that out. Several years ago credit for the invention of the radio was taken from Marconi and was given to Tesla.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #47
Banned

HistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scale

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:31 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #48
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #49
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #50
pigheaded

I've been nice, ask Zeke, he's gotten called much worse than you have, and I like him.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #51
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I know exactly what the Haida is. I also know where that photo on your avatar came from. I also know Yaahl is not commonly used as nicknames by Haida people. I know Haida is into seaweed which is also the same thing in those photos of Robert Kennedy. I also know your avatar photo matches perfectly with Robert Kennedy's photos. I also know Canada people seek their recognigtion individually....and do not have to go thru even 1 percent of the recognigtion process here in the USA. In canada you yourself go to the government and then you get recognigtion. Sorry but it does not work that way here in america which means you would not know. Also maybe you did not know but Cherokee is Iroquis. Which has nothing to do the tribes you just stated you was from. Also the tribes you stated are in NO Relation to Kentucky tribes. or maybe you do not know where your tribe's people are from. From your own words....you have proved you have no business in this thread since it has 100 percent nothing to do with you...also as you stated...it seems people have already told you this numerious times and it seems you been putting your nose in places it does not belong...and you have numerous times been told this. If your getting tired of people telling you to stay out of discussions that does not pertain to you..then take the hint and stay out of discussions you have no buisness in.
Seaweed? I think you may be smoking some of that. All coastal people eat or use seaweed at some point. Your superficial take on what are Haida is rather amusing and is researched as a rank amateur. So you think that I'm this Robert Kennedy person. Just keep digging yourself deeper my plagiarising misfit.

As for my list of tribes, since you missed the point is they are nations regardless of which side of the border they are on.

Here's a news flash, the Kentucky "tribes" as you refer to are not actually tribes they are more a big social group of people who like to play Indian on the weekends. So yes, you are correct, none of the tribes I mentioned have anything to do with your outfit, those on the my list are legitimate and treaty bound nations.

As far as gaining recognition individually, tell that to the Algonkian folk up in Ardoch and Sharbot Lake. They are in negotiations with the feds for recognition. We have an entire Land Claims organization that deals with groups that seek recognition and land rights. The difference with the groups mentioned above they can actually prove they are descendants of the folks from that area unlike your group who have scant connections to what they claim. You are just embarrassing yourself now with your minuscule level of research. Why don't you try and actually read and comprehend some of the articles you are cutting and pasting from.

You are still an idiot. I can't help but note the irony of your posts. You want recognition and yet, you are the first to discount folks on the other side of an imaginary border.

Without sounding too cliche, what you advocate as a mechanism to limit the number of people who can or cannot participate in this discussion flies in the face of a given right of freedom of expression which is enshrined in our respective constitutions. So to be clear, you want only people in this discussion that are a) idiots like you, b)share a common ideal and limited to what you are plagiarising from the internet and c) only agree with your shaky stance? Did I get that right?

I'm wondering how you get to vote in Kentucky, they do after all, have a very clear law that prevents idiots from voting. Idiots can't vote in Kentucky
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

Old 12-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #52
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #53
pigheaded

Quote:
I'll also ask you this Yaahl.

When you file for recognigtion...where would you file? Canada right, not america right?

Is your family in a state recognized tribe in america? Is your family in the Federal Cherokee? Is your family in Kentucky? Is your family part of the Freedman? Is your family part of the Lumbee?

Right now where you are standing would all state recognized tribes in the USA having their claims to being indigenious people have ANY effect on your status as a indigenious person in CANADA?

Yet your in a thread making insults etc and making it look as if you actually belong in this topic...yet you do not belong in this topic.
You came to this thread because your friend pigheaded told you to come here and to attack. the same person who has admited to coming here only to harass and make racist comments. Has already admitted he did not even care to read this topic or research it and openly admitted to coming here for the sole person to institage and insult...openly admited to coming to this thread with zero purpose of the thread subject itself. Which would make it seem as if you and your friend came to this thread solely looking for new users to attack, I'm sorry but this is supposed to be a site pertaining to Native peoples....and no matter how many posts you have here and no matter how long you been here....does not mean a higher percentage of native blood.

This thread is to put "Facts" on the table that has already been proven to be a actual Native issue. This is stuff that has been all over the media before. The Federal Cherokee has a entire section on their website dedicated to this subject which only shows one side and not the other side. So not only does the Federal Cherokee state this is a Native issue but so does the Media in every state in America. This thread is to give a voice to Native peoples who are being attacked without their side of the story being heard. If you wish to attack that then your attempting to oppress every state recognized Native people's voice.

Putting Native issues in a native issues section of a message board shall not and will not ever be called trolling. stating facts in a native issue in a native issues section shall not and never will be called trolling. However coming to the native issues section for the sole purpose to attack with false statements and with racist statements without stating one thing that relates to the topic is Trolling.
Dude, you really need to stop huffing, it wrecks your brain and ruins your socks. Go to my posts again, I came here to give Josiah a thumbs up, you know the elder you insulted, if you are claiming to be native, you would know YOU DON"T DO THAT!

2. yaahl is just sniffs flakes out, you are all like metal to her magnet, believe idiocy screams loudly hear and gets it's own attention. And by the way yaahl is an elder as well and you are again insulting an elder. A smart person, not to mention a native person would have shut their mouth long ago and tried an new approach or just went away

3. You are obviously more ignorant than any of us originally thought, which is shocking, I thought you were like already at the bottom of the barrel. Do you know how many tribes have what is called dual citizenship?

4. A Native issue is a Native issue, whether it be in America, Canada or Mexico.

5. I've called you a [email protected]$$, peabrain, a flake, an overzealous duschebag, an idiot and embarrassment, but I don't think I called you anything that by definition or law can be called racial. Please Mr. Research site where for me.

6. You know I have only given out 1 red bead before, and that too was because someone disrespected an elder, so now I guess this will make 2.

You are playing with a hornets nest, friendly advice here, seriously, I would quit while you are only far behind.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #54
Banned

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:32 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #55
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Quote:
I'll also ask you this Yaahl.

When you file for recognigtion...where would you file? Canada right, not america right?
I don't need to file, I am a beneficiary of the comprehensive land settlement of 1996.

Quote:
Is your family in a state recognized tribe in america? Is your family in the Federal Cherokee? Is your family in Kentucky? Is your family part of the Freedman? Is your family part of the Lumbee?
Apparently, neither is your family.

Quote:
Right now where you are standing would all state recognized tribes in the USA having their claims to being indigenious people have ANY effect on your status as a indigenious person in CANADA?
It could if our courts were to follow any decisions made by your courts in any of our land claims/treaty negotiations. Since the entire province of BC is up for treaty negotiations with the feds, historical and current references in other jurisdictions with aboriginal peoples may guide decisions here. Not only are we concerned with what happens in the States, we are also concerned with provisions being made for government devolution in Aboriginal affairs in Australia and New Zealand. As well, we keep tabs with what the Russians, and other polar countries are doing with their indigenous populations.

Quote:
Yet your in a thread making insults etc and making it look as if you actually belong in this topic...yet you do not belong in this topic.
You came to this thread because your friend pigheaded told you to come here and to attack. the same person who has admited to coming here only to harass and make racist comments. Has already admitted he did not even care to read this topic or research it and openly admitted to coming here for the sole person to institage and insult...openly admited to coming to this thread with zero purpose of the thread subject itself. Which would make it seem as if you and your friend came to this thread solely looking for new users to attack, I'm sorry but this is supposed to be a site pertaining to Native peoples....and no matter how many posts you have here and no matter how long you been here....does not mean a higher percentage of native blood.
Boohoo, is this the best you can come up with? I have something like 43 friends listed... some of them have commented on your many thread... so yeah, it's one big conspiracy against you. Now it's time for you to put on your tin hat.

Quote:
This thread is to put "Facts" on the table that has already been proven to be a actual Native issue. This is stuff that has been all over the media before. The Federal Cherokee has a entire section on their website dedicated to this subject which only shows one side and not the other side. So not only does the Federal Cherokee state this is a Native issue but so does the Media in every state in America. This thread is to give a voice to Native peoples who are being attacked without their side of the story being heard. If you wish to attack that then your attempting to oppress every state recognized Native people's voice.

Putting Native issues in a native issues section of a message board shall not and will not ever be called trolling. stating facts in a native issue in a native issues section shall not and never will be called trolling. However coming to the native issues section for the sole purpose to attack with false statements and with racist statements without stating one thing that relates to the topic is Trolling.
And all we asked for was proper citations for the literature you have cut and pasted. It's one thing to attempt to make your case with properly cited material. It gives the reader a chance to discern the information on their own. You however, have posted material that has no proper citation and as far as I am concerned, it has no weight. If you are truly attempting to advocate for your peers, then do so with a modicum of professionalism and proper approaches to constructive arguments. You have won no allies in your megre attempts at persuasion.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #56
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
I was never very good at writing and English composition but what I do know is that when you compose or compile facts you are supposed to cite the source either within or at the end of the piece. Even if it was from a government site or Wikipedia or from a published book that had an article in it you are required to cite it. All we are asking is that you list the exact source you used, no one should have to Google the hell out of your articles to find out who wrote them originally. The PM I sent you last night still stands and you now have just under 10 hours to comply.

So what is your connection to Native America and this issue as a whole?

You are missing Yaahl's point entirely, that is that the line dividing the US and Canada is invisible and some issues transcend that imaginary boundary. An analogy: Would you consider that because slavery was something of the South then states above the Mason-Dixon line, also imaginary, should have kept quiet about it? Point is that native people will band together on issues - ever hear about the occupation of Wounded Knee in 1973?

BTW, a note on the media: Just because something is in the media doesn't make it true. Point of fact - Fox News Network accused Sesame Street of brainwashing kids to become liberals. The media is full of all sorts of hidden agendas - had an entire class on the subject - I have a degree in film production and I've worked in news for years - I've seen this first hand.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 12-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #57
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #58
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Quote:
::And all we asked for was proper citations for the literature you have cut and pasted. It's one thing to attempt to make your case with properly cited material. It gives the reader a chance to discern the information on their own. You however, have posted material that has no proper citation and as far as I am concerned, it has no weight. If you are truly attempting to advocate for your peers, then do so with a modicum of professionalism and proper approaches to constructive arguments. You have won no allies in your megre attempts at persuasion.
::

How about you read thru my stuff some more. or ummm.....research the stuff yourself. If you think something false...I normal educated person would research it for themself. Or did the conecpt of researching yourself never cross your mind. I mean when someone tells me something, sourced or not....I'm going to research it. You yourself has already stated just 1 item I quoted was found on 15 websites. Even in the Lumbee vs the kkk wikipedia article clearly stated in the article that the story could be found and the name of the magazine. Yeah re read it and then tell me it does not fully state what magazine the kkk vs lumbee can be found. Come on now. For the court cases, they quite clearly state what the name of the Supreme court case is. the historical records all have where to find them in the national archives or public libraries. Not to be insulting here but come on.
So you are just lazy? You'd like the members of this site to do your research for you, is that it? Provide your sources and do a properly cited argument, then we might take you seriously. Until then, you are unofficially crowned the "Idiot of Cut and Pasting".

*Mods, anyway to make all of Historystudent's cut and pastes and other assorted garbled mess as well as all his other threads into one mega thread? Historystudent's use of thread making is pushing other topics to the bottom and his threads are all about the same isssue anyway. Can we get these thread off the main pages? I shudder to think a passerby would think that this constitutes good research by an "indian".

Last edited by yaahl; 12-14-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #59
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #60
I pull your leg out!

Two more things to note:

One is that nothing on this site being said of you can be counted as slander, libel etc under law because you are hiding behind an alias, "HistoryStudent". If someone posted your real name and info and attacked you directly then yes it might be considered illegal.

Secondly, "Yellow Hair" is being used here not as a racial insult but rather they are referring to some whack-o that came here and did what you and post tons of random stuff like this. In his case he was dumping excerpts from some book he was trying to publish.

Sponsored Links