Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Cherokee attacks Kentucky tribes? Cherokee attacks Kentucky tribes?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #61
pigheaded

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
I'm a half blood Cherokee, with a full blood mother and a white dad. My wife is a white girl, I grew up in Pima country and my best friend is a Seneca. Uhhh, tell me again how I'm a racist. Look fool, I don't care if you are an Americam Indian, a Mexican Indian, a Guatemalan, a Russian a German or a Japanese. If you are a [email protected]$$, you're a [email protected]$$. Plain and simple.

And Oh yeah you better believe we stick together, ever here the old term you fight one NDN you fight the damn tribe. That's because we all have an interest in keeping FRAUDS like you from pushing you self serving BS. It's really sad if you think about it, but you all want to be NDN, yet you don't want all that comes with it. Tell ya what "little dog that keeps yapping", that your new indian name, come to my rez and stay a week, see if you want statue then.

I'd actually ask that his entire posts be deleted and his profile locked. Just saying
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #62
Banned

HistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scale
Credits: 131.11
Savings: 0.00

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:32 PM..
HistoryStudent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #63
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 82,072.92
I, in no way, am justifying name calling here, I'm justifying some of their other stances when they attack the articles.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #64
Banned

HistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scaleHistoryStudent is off the scale

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:33 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #65
pigheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryStudent View Post
your mother is a full blood cherokee? hmmmmm and your "best friend" is a seneca. Let me guess...you best friend the seneca is one of your online friends. Actually you probally have already seen me on the rez if you've actually been on a cherokee reservation. If you've been on the reservation as far as cherokee goes then you already know exactly who I am. If you do not then you defiently are not from the Rez. I'm more known in the Native communities in America than you might think. and you would really get a huge surprise as to who I am. You are highly underestimating who I am. Over 30 percent of the federal cherokee stand behind what I say. You saying your mother was a full blood cherokee would actually raise alot of suspecions on your true identity if you spoke that on the Cherokee reservations. Also tryig to defend yourself by saying "my best friend is a seneca" would raise alot of suspecions. Don't under estimate who I am young buck. And defiently do not throw that whole your more indian than anyone else you got that??? Your not more indian than anyone else. and the whole thing you said about when you mess with one indian you mess with the whole tribe....and the indians stick together....you may find out how true that is and you may get a big surprise that they won't be standing by your side...you may find out they are standing by my side. As far as your talks on elders...you may get a big surprise on that also....never under estimate people you do not know. I think if toolbox actually thinks about it...he will figure out who I am and how much pull I have in the Native communties and how long I've been around....when toolbox actually figures out who I am...I'll guarente you that he would not defend you or yaahl in attacking me like you have. Maybe you should start thinking back to when Native american communties etc started coming onto the internet and who the people was behind that movement. I can also guarentee you that I've been helping fight for the rights of the Native people and trying to bring attention to native issues since you was in diapers young buck. As I said before, do not under estimate who I am or who stands by my side.
Seriously you should seek some mental health, you are accusing people of things that did not happen. You buck. Up yours, I'm no young buck. AND LET ME MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHO YOU ARE OR WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE. I want you to find the statement that said I'm making myself more NDN than you. The statement [email protected]$$ was I'm a half blood from a full blood mother and a white father, in response to you calling me a racist, you freaking lunatic. Regarding the best friend, believe me there are Natives all over the US of A, we don't all live in the land of make believe as you do. He would be my best friend in real life not on the internet, because he is my cousin, my mothers nephew from her younger sister who married and Iroquois when she went to college in Buffalo. Again, assumption and accusation make you a [email protected]$$.

You are still a flake, a flake is a flake is a flake. And a delusional flake is ever worse. The truth is you do not know my stance because I've never given it to you, but if you did your research you just might find it, then you would look even more the @$$ than you do now. So why don't you make like a tree and get out of here.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #66
Banned

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:33 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #67
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not going to waste my time trying to track down who you really are. As a moderator I do know what town the NAP is in that your internet line is connected to, which means you are near by but other than that I'm not going to dig any further. I'm NOT going to make the information public as it is unethical. If you want me to know who you really are to validate your claims then feel free to tell me in a private message to me - it will remain confidential.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 12-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #68
I pull your leg out!

Something to read: http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_artic...arism_faq.html

Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #69
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryStudent View Post
Now your best friend is your cousin. Funny how quick your story changed lol Went from "best friend" to your "cousin". What was the other story you gave that Yaahl was a elder and a lawyer...and then that got proved to be false also. keep yapping young buck. The Seneca story even became just "Iroquois ". You've not even been here 4 months yet and already you've been getting caught in lies. Not even been here 4 months and already going around harassing people and throwing around profanities like it's confetti. Not even been on here 4 months and already trying to supress other member's voice. Shame on you young buck. If you keep using that fowl language you are so well known for some of the REAL elders might have to wash your mouth out with soap.

Let me tell you a story, Once upon a time long ago, "little tell so many lies" come upon our village.....every time he spoke bad spirits come from his mouth....all the time "little tell so many lies" speak of the drunken tounge yet we never see the bottle...."Little tell so many lies" speak of his people being like us yet "little tell so many lies" always change story....one day "little tell so many lies" sell us arrow head say it best arrow head ever.....arrow head brake in our hand...arrow head not really arrow head...arrow head was dirt clay....many times "little tell so many lies" try pick fight with our people and say he speak for the creator....many times our people listen to "little tell so many lies" speak of his people...he say they live in vilage near by.....we never see village which he speak of.....as days go by "little tell so many lies" try dress like us....one day we take "little tell so many lies" to woods.....we give "little tell so many lies" what we call indian haircut.....now "little tell so many lies" name "Little tell so many lies with indian haircut".
What a silly little man you are. But here, I'll break it down for you. If Pig's mother had a brother that married a Seneca woman, then his cousin would be Seneca as the Seneca are matrilineal. Now, if Pig happened to really like his Seneca cousin, that cousin could also be is best friend.

As for "proving" falsehoods about me, how have you done that? You simply won't accept that your wild *** guess is erroneous.

As for your identity, if you are as puffed up and important as your claims say you are, they by all means stop the suspense and tell us who you are. Please allow us to bask in your celebrity. *not* (and that would be sarcasm, something that you have not demonstrated you have a grasp in the least.)

I personally think you are a sad, lonely, delusional person who wishes more than anything to be part of a circle that you think may solve all your problems. The really tragic part of all your puffery is that you have stolen the work and research of others and tried to pass it off as your own work. Any inroads they have made are undermined by jokers such as yourself who claim to be the latest and greatest saviour of the unregistered and non-enrolled.

Since your epic introduction to this site, you have devolved into a prattling delusional. I can't wait for your next devolution... next you'll probably be the POTUS. You're still an idiot and you can add delusional to that moniker now.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #70
Banned

Last edited by HistoryStudent; 12-14-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #71
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,359.51
Hey everybody, sorry I'm late for the party.

What did I miss?

so we're talking about the recognition of tribal groups in the US? Following a period of termination (the termination of tribal groups so as to relieve the US govt of their treaty obligations) there came a period of recognition, where groups could apply to be "recognized" by the US govt and gain or regain tribal status in the eyes of the US govt. Regardless of individual opinion, the US govt decides who is and who is not a "tribal entity."

Treaties are but one element in this process. How do I know this? I was invovlved in a successfull petition for tribal status. the other elements in the process are just as important, if not more important now since the recognition of the Pequots in CT. Those elements include cultural continuity which is the kicker in most of these petitions. In many cases groups can proove with long lists of documents that they have descended from a officially recognized indian who signed a treaty with the US govt in the past (such as the 1600s or as late as the 1800s). The problems is, is that they also have to prove that they were culturally "indian" since then. So if your great great great grandfather was a full blood BUT no one today participates in your tribes cultural activites/tradiitions, then your not seen as being indian in the eyes of the govt.

Which means, if you are a part of a group that for whatever reason assimilated into white society (or merged into an African American community because affliation with them led to greater opportunities than being labeled "indian" ===such as the case of several southeastern groups seeking recognition), if you do not have a continuous cultural traditon, then you are not classified as indian.

I did not read any of those massively long posts, those are historic documents that researchers use as data. Information is pulled out of them and cited, oftern examples are given, etc. A historican uses relavant information to craft a narrative that presents a case/data, interpets it, then explicates it in a way to show the readers what they are talking about.

What was presented above is not history. It is a simple cut and paste job without understanding the larger cultural and historic context in which those facts were created and re-created.

I am not a history student, but I do play one on TV. Where is Zeke?
Iowa_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #72
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Re-occurring problem here on powwows.com. A new person shows up, instantly thinks they are the expert at something and then tells everyone that they are.

Its like the little boy scout who starts talking about traditional dancing, and tells someone on here that they don't know what they are talking about, when in fact, that person is a champion traditional dancer from south dakota.

This person "History Student" came here with an agenda, a plan, and the rest of you fell for it. This person isn't here for discussion, he's here to "educate" the world about his opinion. The problems lies in the fact that this person has a un-informed opinion that is conflated by the use of large amounts of quoted material. I can't tell if the person is a high school kid, or an uneducated adult with serious issues in regard to this topic. The grammar is horribly, but when in the heat of battle we all do that.

I suggest someone call an adult and release the Kracken on him, before this gets worse.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #73
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Thing that bothers me most is the complete and utter acceptance by HistoryStudent of what he/she reads on the internet.

the forums on this site contain many discussions of fake cherokee groups with lists of their websites. I'm not going to waste time and look them up.

the various cherokee groups outside of the 3 recognized groups are not recognized for a reason, and that reason is that there do not meet the qualifications set forth by the US govt to be considered a recognized tribal group.

I personally have encounted several of those groups following performances with a national touring dance group. They were in no way Cherokee or American indian.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #74
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Instead of copying materials from the internet, lets try real history sources.

I'd start with:
Vine Deloria Jr and Ray DeMallie's
Documents of American Indian Diplomacy: Treaties, Agreements, And Conventions, 1775-1979
Published by the Univesity of Oklahoma Press in 1999.

Read that and start on your road to becoming a history student
Old 12-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #75
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #76
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #77
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Your arguments are make no since. Pocahantas was a recognized native. There are no Paumunkey recognized today. Because the do not meet the criteria for recognition as a tribal group by the US govt. Long lists of treaties or geneaology does not make a person indian in th eeyes of the govt. Cultural continuity does not exist so they do not exist.

I would suggest you learn about the recognition process and learn about the histories of these peoples use talk about. Your narrow understanding of them makes your arguments facile.

I honestly cannot follow your line of thought. Your posts make no sense. Try putting together logical thoughts to express your ideas. Your use of English suggests a lack of understanding, I suspect your work on native languages in equally poor.

Next you should tell us you have brough back an extinct language. Are you working with Virigina Algonquian or Carolinian Siouan languages?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #78
Banned

Old 12-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #79
HUUUUUUUUUH!

notice I said "start with". Obviously a book that has in its title 1775-1979 only covers that era. Learn to spell, myou consistently spell words wrong, so its not a typing fast issue.

Get away from the treaty issue, it means nothing if there is not cultural continuity. Names and papers do not make people indians in the eyes of the federal government.

What have you written? lets see your cv?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #80
Banned

Sponsored Links