Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Cherokee/Blackfoot ???? Cherokee/Blackfoot ????

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #121
Chicken Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Niitsitapii will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
cherokee and blackfoot

I was reading on one of those cites eh that were posted on a post the cherokee and blackfoot nations thingy and i tell u wat they got some messed up stuff in there lmao.. said something about a bundle and it was algonquin lol if its blackfoot bundle and algonquin then don't u think it would be in western world montana alberta area.. second u don't talk about those things on the net like they did in that website. not kool. as for u people sayin that blackfoot is saponi or something then say that why use blackfoot that don't mean blackfoot in that language does it. like we say blackfoot in english but we say SIKSIKA say wat u mean.. why us blackfoot if ur not blackfoot that what i want to know. well my thoughts they don't mean much just wat i think.. aight laters...... kitamahssin
Niitsitapii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #122
Pow Wow Visitor

sixsapaha is on a distinguished road
IAm sure that there are more letters in the alphabet than what your using, duh sa wat ya meen! and properly spell what is is that you are trying to describe, equate, evoke etc.
Sorry about your duck!
sixsapaha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #123
Teen Dancer

musicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond repute
umm i think i mentioned before the eastern blackfoot arent technically blackfoot at all its just a name of our chief at one time...and that we are totally different..we have abolutely no connection with the black feet from montana or the blackfoot from canada...
musicedu77 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #124
Teen Dancer

musicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond reputemusicedu77 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niitsitapii
I was reading on one of those cites eh that were posted on a post the cherokee and blackfoot nations thingy and i tell u wat they got some messed up stuff in there lmao.. said something about a bundle and it was algonquin lol if its blackfoot bundle and algonquin then don't u think it would be in western world montana alberta area.. second u don't talk about those things on the net like they did in that website. not kool. as for u people sayin that blackfoot is saponi or something then say that why use blackfoot that don't mean blackfoot in that language does it. like we say blackfoot in english but we say SIKSIKA say wat u mean.. why us blackfoot if ur not blackfoot that what i want to know. well my thoughts they don't mean much just wat i think.. aight laters...... kitamahssin
ya know i dont think that the cherokee /blackfoot site is correct...i'm kind of iffy about the website... imean they don't mention at all my tribe that was designated in kentucky..it's like their saying that all those stories and in fact that many many many of my relatives that still live there arent true...
Old 09-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #125
Minglin' N Jinglin'

MayChe has a reputation beyond repute
MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 900.00
Savings: 1.00
So in conclusion...

...why not just interpret the people who say that they are eastern Blackfoot into Piedmont Siouan or Sissipaha?

Granted, I sure that there will be people who claim eastern Blackfoot to mean an offshoot of the western nation (which is kinda sad if they don't know about their nation).

http://www.saponitown.com/Blackfoot.htm
Old 09-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #126
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 117,353.93
I have had the pleasure of talking with Dr. Helen Scheirbeck (I believe she is with NMAI now), Dr. Pat Lerch (anthropologist at UNCW), and numerous other knowledgeable people in that field. I've read parts of the John White writings. I have yet to hear of the 'Cherokee/Blackfoot' connection. Not saying there wasn't, just never heard of it. Not in North Carolina anyway. I also went to that website posted on here. I saw no concrete evidence. All was presumed.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #127
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
sixsapaha...what bothers me is that u come on here trying to justify your beliefs about tribes and then you have the audacity to put down as your tribal affiliation as 'KISSMYA$$'. That just seems so disrespectful to your ancestors.

Jim

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 09-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #128
Minglin' N Jinglin'

MayChe has a reputation beyond repute
MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 900.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
sixsapaha...what bothers me is that u come on here trying to justify your beliefs about tribes and then you have the audacity to put down as your tribal affiliation as 'KISSMYA$$'. That just seems so disrespectful to your ancestors.

Jim
He's gotta point there. Why would you put that anyway?
Old 09-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #129
Pow Wow Visitor

sixsapaha is on a distinguished road
This is to Joe's Dad, please don't let that insult you, it wasn't meant that way, neither was "WATZIT2YA" but I get really sick of people making fun out of just ignorance, they won't read total posts.
AS for my ancestors, Iam sure that they would and do appreciate the humor and the fact that Iam sticking up for them all!
By insulting us they insult my ancestors and I can not allow that!
There has been many questions posed here, I have tried to answer all and suggest really trying to know who and what Iam speaking about but that just hasn't happened, everyone assumes that when we mention Blackfoot, that we are expropriating some else's ID. that is not the case!
Why would my ancestors lie to their children when being "Indian" has never been acceptable until the mid 1960's?
They really don't have a clue what is happening.
In short I guess it is now "our Time" to endure the hardships of ignorance.
The real fall to Native America's nation state was defining a people by outside laws that defined blood quantum, there is only two tribal groups that did not allow this and they are now being subjugated and dishonored by supposedly "thier own kind"!
Thanx Joe's Dad for the reasoning!
MY LAST REPLY!
sixsapaha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #130
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Blackfoot in North Carolina would have meant those people that lived near the tar pits and ended up with BLACKFEET/FOOT

why do you think NC is called the TARHEEL STATE
Okwataga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #131
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,539.52
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okwataga
Blackfoot in North Carolina would have meant those people that lived near the tar pits and ended up with BLACKFEET/FOOT

Six,

I tried not to laugh....

Really I did!

But I just couldn' help myself .......

Old 09-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #132
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
OH!!! TARHEELS!!! I get it now!

Anyway, it's always been proper to distinguish and clarify bands/tribes/etc...

In order to not get confused with the official BLACKFEET tribe, or the Blackfoot band of Lakota, AND since Blackfoot was a name of a chief over there, why not just claim the tribe??? I don't get it.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #133
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsapaha
This is to Joe's Dad, please don't let that insult you, it wasn't meant that way, neither was "WATZIT2YA" but I get really sick of people making fun out of just ignorance, they won't read total posts.
AS for my ancestors, Iam sure that they would and do appreciate the humor and the fact that Iam sticking up for them all!
By insulting us they insult my ancestors and I can not allow that!
There has been many questions posed here, I have tried to answer all and suggest really trying to know who and what Iam speaking about but that just hasn't happened, everyone assumes that when we mention Blackfoot, that we are expropriating some else's ID. that is not the case!
Why would my ancestors lie to their children when being "Indian" has never been acceptable until the mid 1960's?
They really don't have a clue what is happening.
In short I guess it is now "our Time" to endure the hardships of ignorance.
The real fall to Native America's nation state was defining a people by outside laws that defined blood quantum, there is only two tribal groups that did not allow this and they are now being subjugated and dishonored by supposedly "thier own kind"!
Thanx Joe's Dad for the reasoning!
MY LAST REPLY!
Acceptable to whom?

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #134
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose

In order to not get confused with the official BLACKFEET tribe, or the Blackfoot band of Lakota, AND since Blackfoot was a name of a chief over there, why not just claim the tribe??? I don't get it.
Well that's all I know for now I wasnt ever raised blackfoot I was raised hidatsa. I just remember stories told to me abou tthat side of my family. So you know as much about Eastern Blackfoot and why it's claimed that way as I do. I think maybe my aunte annie would know more I would have to ask her. But to go around and ppl say it aint a legit tribe is hogwash because what they are saying is that like all that stuff I was told about what other tribes we are from is a lie so they are calling my relatives liars that's really harsh. Sometimes I dont get some ppl because there's many many small tribes that are as legit as any other tribe that aren't recognized and they have their reasons. And who are other ppl to question when they aren't from that tribe so they wouldnt know. Many things happened at that time and it 's sad that we see many fake tribes and in matter of fact is disgusts me to see so many fake tribes out there. But unless ppl know for a fact that a certain tribe isnt legit they shouldnt judge. it's just my 2 censt on this
Old 09-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #135
Teen Dancer

blackfoot in NC i relaly wouldnt know about...the blackfoot side of my family are from kentucky and some moved down to missouri from what i was told hell i dunno if they (blackfoot of NC)are legit tribe or not you would have to visit their community to ask these types of questions...to go ahead an judge is wrong... and is very premature...ppl can go ahead and laugh their heads off here and i could care less.
just because some of these small tribes arent officially recongized by the BIA doesn tmean they aint legit. personally

i have heard more ppl claim to think they are cherokee than anything else and all i have to say to those is do your reasearch before saying your from this or that tribe...it makes ppl who are actually of that particular tribe and who are raised it look bad. but i have never heard anyone claim they think they are eastern blackfoot that is something new to me.ppl who "think" they are are probably not. i dont get it how can you think your from any particular tribe either ya know your from that tribe or you dont, its simple logic. it's like if you have no clue what tribe you are from just say that you dont know and ask some relatives someone is bound to talk.
eventhough i was never raised blackfoot i knwo for a fact that one side of my family is blacfoot becasue my great grandpa and my grandpa and so on wouldnt say so if it wasnt true.
so ppl dont be so quick to judge unless you know for a fact liek ya see all that ppl in the community of that tribe is wearing i dunno uh seagull feathers in their hair*lol*...and not all ohioans are wannabes ppl...both of my parents arent from ohio my dad only got a high paying job here

hell many "true wannabes "claim to be many things not just cherokee or blackfoot. ive seen some ppl ""think they" are pawnee and such and go around at powwows waering turtle shells and claim themselve instant ndn...and i have seen alot in ohio to where i just plain give up
Old 09-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #136
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okwataga

i have absolutely no clue i was never raised blackfoot and i dont think there are any blackfoot communitites in NC but who knows their might be...i know less about NC. never been there in my life. it might a worth while trip to find out beside in need of a vacation my brain is baking away in books
and tests here.*lol*
Old 09-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #137
Junior Dancer

StandsTallWoman has a spectacular aura about
Post Blackfeet/Blackfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose

In order to not get confused with the official BLACKFEET tribe, or the Blackfoot band of Lakota.

Yes, because for the past two years, I always get confused between Blackfoot and Blackfeet. Like you said wyo_rose, there is a Blackfoot band of Lakota (Sihasapa), and there are Blackfeet Nations in Montana and Canada. I have been telling people for years that I have Blackfoot ancestry. I am leaning towards Waccamaw than Blackfeet; my mother's Native American ancestor's tribal affiliation will remain a mystery.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:35 PM   #138
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
let me clarify my point -

not saying an indian or tribe were blackfoot/blackfeet(*b/c a lot of people confuse the two down in the southeast) just saying they may have been called that b/c of their feet being black - from that area due to tar in that area and makes the feet black - hence tarheels/NC....
if anyone knows FOR SURE about this subject please jump in and educate us - but just passing on what folks(older) here say...
Okwataga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2008, 02:55 AM   #139
Banned

Saponi-Tribe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
six,

*L DNA doesn't prove you're Indian. It proves you have DNA comparable to Indian people.

If you tried to give a DNA sample to the Blackfeet Nation in order to become a member of the Blackfeet Nation, good luck.
They, as a sovereign nation, have the legal authority to decide who their tribal members are. . . and more importantly who aren't.

__

How come so many people claim Blackfoot instead of.....

Blackheads?

*L

j/k
Actually Whome...A dna test Does prove if your indian or not.

I guess in your idea...a dna test would not prove who a person's parents are. However that part of your theory has been proven wrong in courts.

Or maybe your going by a theory that a person is not a indian unless they are part of a federally recognized tribe.

I hate to say it WhoMe but Blood makes a person indian...not being part of a federally recognized tribe.

DNA can prove without a doubt if a person is indian or not.

You should really learn about DNA before making a comment like "DNA does not prove your indian".

I'm sorry but I had to comment on this because it really angers me when someone wants to say anything which will deny a person's ancestors....BLOOD is BLOOD....ANCESTORS IS ANCESTORS....FEDERAL RECOGNITON is NOT the authority on who is indian and who is not indian. Federal recognition is NOT tradition......find one tribe anywhere which traditionally required their tribe members to be on some government paper.....thats European tradition not native indian tradition.
And seriously....find one tribe that had a tradition of not accepting a tribe member because they married outside their race......indian tribes had white women in their tribe and the white male settlers had indian women with them....alot of black men and women lived and became parts of tribes....the children of these mixed relationships was still excepted as members by the tribes....this is TRUE tradition.........and if you read alot of the "Original" treaties which alot of federal tribes have used to get their recognition....you'll see on some which says the stuff was to be for the people who signed the treaties and their "Desendants".....no where on the "original" treaties does it even state a amount of blood...ONLY "Descendants".........you will not find a single treaty anywhere which has a blood amount added in the treaty.....that was something added in recent times by money hungry people which has caught what is considered "today's gold fever".....the less people a tribe has the less people they have to share profits with.....best way to get people off the tribe is to add some blood amount ( something as stated before was never ever added to ANY treaty). I would love for someone to show me a "Original" treaty which said any of the tribe had to have a blood amount to be part of the treaty.....

WhoMe....I am never coming back to this site because of you...you have seriously sickened me by your statement.....and if this was back in the 1600 and 1700's and you made a statement like that you would probally have been sent away from your tribe.........you NEVER deny a person's ancestors....and when you say DNA does not prove a person is indian......that is exactly what you have done.....I'm sick...sick to my stomach of soooo many people who are going around claiming they are indian just because of a federal recognition.......federal recognition is a piece of paper...a piece of freaking paper...when was the last time you ever cut a piece of paper and saw it drip blood????? When paper bleeds thats the day federal recognition can prove who is indian and who is not indian.

My direct blood line ancestors come from 5 tribes....I have federal government records and Court records dateing as far back as the 1600's which state my direct blood line ancestors was indians and states which tribes they came from.....one of my direct blood line ancestor came from the indian school......but you know what.....them papers does not prove I'm indian......my blood proves who I am. My father proves who I am...my mother proves who I am...my grand parents prove who i am....

Like i said.. I will never be back to this site....I am sick to my stomach at WhoMe's comment.......I am sick to my stomach at some of the comments I have ran across on this message board as well about people wanting to hate on the black people that come to this site. I will fight till the day I day for ALL my people....I will never ever Deny a single one of my brothers or sisters.....no govt will ever tell me who my brothers and sisters are....my ancestors tell me who my brothers and sisters are......

AND THAT IS HOW YOU TELL WHO IS INDIAN AND WHO IS NOT INDIAN.....Federal recognition is a european tradition NOT a native indian tradition.
Saponi-Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 AM   #140
Banned

Saponi-Tribe is a glorious beacon of light
And if anyone still thinks Federal recognition is the one and only way to prove if someone is indian.....

Then just look around the reservations...just look around them....was federal recognition worth putting the tribe in poverty..........I'm sure some reservations are living nice and are saying what poverty.......here is a question to them.....look around your reservation.....where is all your tribal members......where is all the descendants of those that fought side by side with your ancestors...the descendants of those that hunted side by side with your ancestors........
was federal recognition worth denying these descendants what runs thru their blood......sure your mom is on the tribal roll but if you date a white person or black person then your child will NOt be a part of our tribe..........sure your great great grand parents was part of our tribe but they ran and hid during the indian removal so you can't be accepted as part of the tribe..........or sure your great great grand parents was part of our tribe and signed the treaty but we can't read their hand writing....if they knew how to write in the european style better than maybe you could be part of your great great grandparents tribes..........yea sure federal recognition proves who is a indian and who is not a indian
Saponi-Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links