Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues dont read it my homework dont read it my homework

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Liafly_NMP is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
dont read it my homework

i wouldnt read it dumb,this is just my homework i need to email this to a computer so i could finish and print it but my school denies email so that how this happney

Skins is a novel written by Adrian C.Louis. In 2002 it was made into a movie by

the director Chris Eyre. As a enduring Native American film I can really ralate and enjoy

this film. Duane Burge "The Hollywood Reporter" describes Skins as "colorful and

powerful... wonderously good spirited." I fully agree with Mr.Burge he describes this film

perfectly.Skins tells and shows realistic facts that should be brought to the attention of

natives and non-natives in the nation.The actors do a great job, but i guess that it was not

all that hard.Skins shows the contemporary Native American with sprirtuality humor, and

alcholism.

Skins takes place in modern day Native America. In the shadow of Mt.Rushmore

on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Here there lives two brothers. The two brothers,

Mogie(Graham Greene) and his younger brother Rudy(Eric Schewig) Yellowlodge go

through the same ups and downs as many native people. Rudy, a tribal police officer is the

more level headed brother. Sadly Rudy keeps seeing his people slop into more of a rut

eachday. Generation after generation.This includes his father and his older brother. After

an over the edge ezperience he desides to take his people's problems into his own hands.

With the help of the trickster, Wha-tom-ni he discover that help starts within his own

reach. It depends on the viewer but I think Skins ends with a happyending. Rudy finally

learns to understand his brother.

Alcholism is a very big problem in Native America today. This disease leads to

povertyn, domestic violence and to the next generation who only sees this lifestyle.To me

this film places The Massacre of Wounded Knee to alcholism. Alcholism being the 7th

calvaryand native people being as vaurnable at the Sioux people in the tragic event. This is

great was to show people a modern day massacre.But this is also as much of a massacre as

a suside. This shows it real and down to earth, and i admire this.

Durinf the film it shows many natives in their daily drinking and being brought to

jail. I like the way Mr.Eyre showed the realistic clips. They had a first person potin of view

which is very strong. Eric Schweig does an excellent job as the "indian Rambo."
Old 03-19-2004, 02:22 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

CactusButt is a name known to all
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Even though you said not to read it I had to. Sorry, but I am not sorry because it is a great report. I hope you get a good grade. I know it is only a rough draft and am sure you are more than capable of correcting any spelling errors or what not, but if you ever want help with your homework papers, I have experience in helping with proofreading english papers at all levels, and am happy to help if you need it. I like the content and the way you bring out the different points of the movie and talk about them and then bring it back together to point back to the movie again. Very Good!:clap: :clap:
CactusButt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 07:01 PM   #3
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Hey.. had to read it too. Nice report.. but I would'nt say "slop into a rut" but rather.. "sink into a rut". And you might want to do a quick spell check too. Overall..I'd give it an A!