Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues drunk white girls dancing powwow on youtube drunk white girls dancing powwow on youtube

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #21
hey *g*

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute
Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
a long long time ago a very wise person told me two things that i remember to this very day. " im sorry doesnt mean it didnt happen" and " a drunk persons words are a sober persons thoughts". my mother wasnt often wrong, and on these two, she hasnet been yet
Yes, some always apologize because it's so much easier than being not selfish and not self-centered and not disrespectful and showing responsibility and and....and yes, alcohol is only a booster and brings out what's there already.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #22
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margy View Post
Yes, some always apologize because it's so much easier than being not selfish and not self-centered and not disrespectful and showing responsibility and and....and yes, alcohol is only a booster and brings out what's there already.
Alcohol has a tendacy to loosen up what is there is true
I read through the articles about this incident
The girls were on the High School Hockey Team and they were kicked off
Some lost there chances for scholarships that they had
There has been physical attacks against the girls by native girls
The First Nation peoples have taken some of there kids out of the schools

All of this because of alcohol
They will be thinking about this video for a long time
Old 02-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #23
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 11,819.18
the real question is; what are they sorry for?
are they sorry for being the ferral little monsters they are
are they sorry they videotaped their underaged drinking
are they sorry for behaving the way they did
are they sorry for posting it to youtube
are they sorry for re posting after youtube pulled it for being objectionable

or are they sorry they got caught. and would they have apologized if they hadnt been.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #24
Junior Dancer

SheTurtle is a name known to all
Credits: 999.17
Savings: 0.00
Alcoholism destroyed many people in my family and it is still prevalent in my family today. By the Grace of my Creator, it didn't destroy me.

If I had $5 for every person that I heard at a meeting who said that they started drinking or using drugs when they were 13, 14, 15, or 16 years old, I would have a nice-sized retirement account. Chances are, at least one or two of those women will end up drinking alcoholically, if they are not doing so already. Alcohol and drugs are equal opportunity destroyers.

These girls are a perfect example of the harm that drinking can inflict on themselves and others. Making amends does not mean that you can get away with just saying you're sorry for what happened. When a person makes amends, they are demonstrating how they have changed, and how their actions and attitudes reflect that change when they make reparations for the harms they committed.

My impression is that these girls have done what they can to mitigate the damage they did to themselves, while paying lip service to their First Nations neighbors. I read the comments posted by many of the white readers in those articles, and I found those to be as sad and as infuriating as the actions of those girls.
SheTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
sorry didnt post it to make people feel bad...i heard about this tape and looked for it but it wasnt online and i wanted to see it to see what people were talking about....well i did see find it and it did/does make me angry..anyway...i hope this follows them around...i hate it when people say 'forgive'....look what the people in india are doing to the danish becuz they reprinted the mohammand cartoon...holuh..im not saying go to that extreme...these stupid girls are so dumb they dont know they are promoting hatred....i hate them trying to talk with an indian accent...i will write a letter to the principle and ask that they dont get scholarships...what do their parents say? i think they should apologize for raising aholes...and its not just 'dumb teenagers'...theyre racists in training...
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #26
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
thats not the half of it....... you should read the code of conduct for their school, no acedemic scholarship for these twits
hey where does it say that...id like to see that and make sure they dont get scholarships...well at least try to make sure lol
Old 02-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #27
Junior Dancer

SheTurtle is a name known to all
Credits: 999.17
MOTS, I think it's important that stuff like this is posted to the board. It's sad. It's infuriating, but it's really important information. If shamelessness can be broadcast to the world in a two minute video, then others can have the opportunity to condemn that act of shamelessness and put the transgressors in their place in a public forum. We don't live in isolation anymore.
SheTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #28
Loving Life

RainbowSpiriDancer is a name known to all
Credits: 200.00
I watched the video and if children live without honor and respect they don't have honor and respect for themselves or anyone else.
RainbowSpiriDancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Teepee Creepin near you

Items Treasure ChestElephantDevilPresent
soopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond repute
soopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond reputesoopashinaab has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 13,214.00
I missed all the fun... they pulled it already
Old 02-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #30
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
Wink

YouTube - "Racism" Pow-wow dance...fort frances
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #31
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Soopa - it was a pretty funny video....I sure do enjoy people making azzes of themselves....LOL!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #32
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
did that link work?
try this one

YouTube - Racism Pow-wow dance...fort frances
Old 02-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #33
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
MOTS - you in the pink???....sure wish I was there too......LOL!!!!

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #34
Junior Dancer

outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,712.26
the actions in the video are offensive and ignorant.
they deserve punishement. mayeb kicked off the team, loss of scholarship and maybe some community service to native americans.

but in my opinion, i don't think they deserve to beat up. If the rumors of native girls and physical violence are true (and i hope they are not) then that is wrong too... i can understand being so offended and angry that i'd want to smack them upside the head... but i wouldn't....
Old 02-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #35
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
yeah really eh...i wouldnt put myself in jeopardy for a jail term to teach morons a lesson...holuh..
Old 02-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #36
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Unfortunately that does happen.

I was talking to a niece of mine on the res and her dad had taken her out of the res school and put her in public school in the next town. Some non-ndn boys started picking on her and saying things to her and stuff like that. She came to me about it and I really tried to help the girl out, she was only 16 years old at the time. Well, one day one thing led to another and there was some kind of major fight. She was emailing me at the time and told me about it. It wasn't a very good thing, it's long over now and done with, this was about a year and a half ago, or so. But it was a real mess for a long time. Some of these kids don't know what they are doing or saying, because much of it is, really, heard at home by their parents and then the kids take it and run with it, like the boys did with my niece.

I'm not saying that my niece was totally innocent there either, but they pushed her. Ignorance begets ignorance and it can and does turn to violence, more times than we would like it too. It's all a learning experience and these girls are young. I hope that they learn a hard lesson from this. But my question is "What about the parents?" Where is their blame in all of this? Where did these kids' idea that this was okay come from in the first place? It starts with the adults and moves to the children. Like an uncle of mine once said to my cousin, my cousin said one day "I can't wait 'til I turn 18 years old." And my Uncle replied "Me either, because then no matter what you do, I can't go to jail for it." LOL But, it stems at home first is my point.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #37
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Ridiculous, IDIOTS, makes me so ashamed to walk around wit blue eyes! How disrespectful! Worst part is they're so ignorant they prolly had no idea how disrespectful it is.

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #38
Loving Life

RainbowSpiriDancer is a name known to all
Credits: 200.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewave View Post
Ridiculous, IDIOTS, makes me so ashamed to walk around wit blue eyes! How disrespectful! Worst part is they're so ignorant they prolly had no idea how disrespectful it is.

I agree with the part about "they're so ignorant they prolly had no idea how disrespectful it is." Plus they are drunk! And it sounds like they've attended Pow-wows before because I heard one mention a shawl and other things.

Last edited by RainbowSpiriDancer; 02-25-2008 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: add sentence
RainbowSpiriDancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #39
Student, always learning

whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSpiriDancer View Post
I agree with the part about "they're so ignorant they prolly had no idea how disrespectful it is." Plus they are drunk! And it sounds like they've attended Pow-wows before because I heard one mention a shawl and other things.
so theres more chance then that they knew what was up and didnt care im thinkin??

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #40
Senior Dancer

debbieyd is a name known to all
Red face Missed it! Too late to view it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oakley View Post
dang, of course as soon as i check it out, its been taken down
What lil minds do for entertainment....peanut brains?