Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree34Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Exposing The Fake Medicine Men And  Women Exposing The Fake Medicine Men And Women

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2005, 03:35 AM   #21
Biboon omaa

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,913.54
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunboy
lets invite these people here to defend themselves.. should be real interesting.
Agree with you Injunboy
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #22
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
i think its great that theres been a listing of these people..i worked for a number of years for a leading Indian newspaper and did alot of investigating on the plastics...it will truly make your stomach turn the more you find out about these people...we had at one point a small group of us who would pass the word around north america about the plastics so that we could track what the plastics were doing and were they were heading...dyhanni yawahoo was one of my favotites...she claims to be the 17th clan priestess for the etowah cherokee nation ,a group from ohio lead by a man named hugh gibbs...gibbs would parade around in a towel turban with a plastic bear claw necklace on...was good for a laugh always....theres a nationally published magazine called "shaman's drum"( i renamed it scammins drum) it was the whos who of the plastics and i got many many names from them ( i guess i owe them thanks?)...what i found was for everyone we knew about,there were ten we didnt and if we exposed one in press,5 more would pop up...it got frustrating at times...charlie chips9 a lakota from the Chips family) is another one thats sold ceremonies...sweats in hawaii for 300 a piece etc...i always wondered why we seem to be the only race of people that is copied the way we are...ive never seen groups of people posing as african or asian people...i had some one ask me a question once about Indian people( it was a very generic question)...a few weeks later ,the person was running around claiming to be studying under a medicine person..when i asked my source what medicine person ,i was told my own name!!! i almost fell off my chair....the names that have been posted here are sadly,the tip of the ice berg...i had at one time boxes and boxes of research notes and gathered info on the plastics..sadly all that info was lost a few years back during a move...some of the names mentioned on this thread are very familiar to me,others are not...robert white eagle smith was one i did research...he is to be nice a joke...dyed black hair etc...a few months ago i was surfin the net and came across a site that made me almost vomit...its for a group in VA that claims to be indian...ill see if i can track it down again and post it in here...its run by a man named george "white wolf" branham...he has changed tribal affiliations numerous times(usually when confronted with his claims)..at one point he had a burial mound in his back yard that for a price(of course) you could be buried in upon your death...it goes on and on and i got to the point where i wondered if it would ever stop...and i see it hasnt...there are a number of legitimate Indian people who have gone over to the side of the plastics and i think thats even worse than the non-indian plastics...i found at times a complacency among our own people regarding the plastics...the common thought was,what can we do and it will come back on them eventually...i think personally its a very good thing to expose and exchange info on the plastics...if people want i will post more names and what i know about them as my feeble memory allows...what are peoples thoughts on this?
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #23
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
ps

when sun bear did his" bear tribe" relocated to some place in PA where as of a few years ago they continued to do their thing in his memory...there was also a magazine that was being put out by the bear tribe..it came out of florida i believe...if anyone needs a really good laugh check out some of their stuff :-)
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #24
Beadworker

opps

sorry it should have read...when sun bear died ,not did
Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #25
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoki_wolf
when sun bear did his" bear tribe" relocated to some place in PA where as of a few years ago they continued to do their thing in his memory...there was also a magazine that was being put out by the bear tribe..it came out of florida i believe...if anyone needs a really good laugh check out some of their stuff :-)
According to the website listed above, the Bear Tribe Medicine Society contact information is:

THE BEAR TRIBE MEDICINE SOCIETY
Wind Daughter, Medicine Chief
PMB 223
3750-A Airport Blvd.
Mobile, AL 36608-1618
phone: (251) 583-5984
phone: (251) 665-0499

Also on the website, you learn that Sun Bear died in 1992, and a person named Wabun Wind became leader of the Bear Tribe. Then in 1996, a person named Wind Daughter took over as "Medicine Chief" of the Bear Tribe.

According to this link: http://www.ewebtribe.com/WestWinds/

"This is the spiritual, beautiful and significant Black Lodge. It pervaded Wind Daughter's thoughts, dreams and visions until she brought it into being. The Black Lodge is a medicine lodge - a place for prayer, meditation, healing. It will have various Altars, as they are given to her through prayer, meditation, and vision. If you have the opportunity to attend a gathering where Wind Daughter has been able to transport and set up the Black Lodge, you will be pleased you made the effort to be there."

"About Wind Daughter:
Wind Daughter is the adopted daughter of Bear Heart and Medicine Chief of the Bear Tribe Medicine Society, founded by the late Sun Bear. She uses her gift of song to help people connect with all of their relations."

"In February of 1992 Wind Daughter founded West Winds, a spiritual and educational center for people seeking safety of religious expression and a reconnectedness to Mother Earth. She is Keeper of the Sacred Beta Star Bundle, caretaker of The Black Lodge and a follower of the Pipe."

"Wind Daughter's teachings are mostly experiental and are spread through Medicine Wheel Gatherings, Sweat Lodges, Earth Dances, Women's Gatherings, and personal growth work."

Contact Information:

WEST WINDS
P.O. Box 16729
Mobile, AL 36685
phone: (251) 583-5984

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #26
Beadworker

lol they moved yet again..must be someone on their trail if anyones ever seen the deals for cars that look like shield with a silloutee of a bear in it thats the bear tribe...theyre everywhere...its good to keep track of where people like this are...there was at one time an offshoot of the bear tribe called the white buffalo society based in cleveland...they offered in the classifieds of the newspaper vision quests...when i called them they said the price was 350 but they guarenteed a vision lol when i confronted them they became very irrate and threatened to have their attorneys deal witht his and claimed to have recorded our phone conversation and were going to turn it over to their psychologists for evaluation...i never heard a word after about it
Old 11-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #27
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Like I said in an earlier post, these expose's are great for those who don't know, for those who are seeking something, anything. Some people who are members of PWs.com are like that. They just want to be a part of Native American culture. I've been pm'd 4-5 times asking me if I am a medicine man/shaman. Good grief! I'm just an average Joe who likes to have a good time. I just ignore these pm's.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2005, 11:21 PM   #28
yohoh-yo:yanehiyo-ohho-!!

smoke_dancer_20 is a splendid one to beholdsmoke_dancer_20 is a splendid one to behold
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
I've been pm'd 4-5 times asking me if I am a medicine man/shaman. Good grief! I'm just an average Joe who likes to have a good time. I just ignore these pm's.
*L* .....are you a Average Joe or just a Plain ol' Joe!!!....hehehehehe
smoke_dancer_20 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #29
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
The new home of The Bear Tribe Medicine Society can be found at:

http://www.winddaughterwestwinds.com...e_Med_soc.html

Of related interest, would be:

http://www.starspiderdancing.net/StarSpiderDancing/

Old 02-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #30
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,494.41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
The new home of The Bear Tribe Medicine Society can be found at:

http://www.winddaughterwestwinds.com...e_Med_soc.html

Of related interest, would be:

http://www.starspiderdancing.net/StarSpiderDancing/
What is your opinion on these websites Historian???

My opinion is, they unfortunately have an air of respectability when they mention Native Beliefs and then uninformed people accept them at face value...
Old 02-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #31
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
What is your opinion on these websites Historian???...
Plastic Medicine Men or Plastic Medicine Women have their place in the Universe...

...but then so do horseflys and mosquitoes.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #32
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
Man... I wish someone could get hold of those other nine articles and post them as well... does anyone have a copy of them, or can someone get hold of them?

We have all kinds of fakes out there running around... nationwide... my first clue is when someone introduces themself as a "shaman, medicine man, medicine person, medicine woman, spiritual leader, healer... etc." The way I was taught is that those that have those gifts are humble to the point they don't advertise... and if they do... they are almost always a fraud!

Paselo~
Old 02-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #33
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,494.41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShield View Post
Man... I wish someone could get hold of those other nine articles and post them as well... does anyone have a copy of them, or can someone get hold of them?

We have all kinds of fakes out there running around... nationwide... my first clue is when someone introduces themself as a "shaman, medicine man, medicine person, medicine woman, spiritual leader, healer... etc." The way I was taught is that those that have those gifts are humble to the point they don't advertise... and if they do... they are almost always a fraud!

Paselo~
It has always been my experience when someone comes up to me and says that, they are usually a fraud!

But like I have said before, they pray on the uniformed and anytime they use the fact that they are a slightest native or say they were adopted into this way they are immediately given sacred status by these people!

I wonder sometime why people run around looking for spiritual things everywhere...
Churches, Cults, Medicine men/woman, feng shui everywhere

Does it seem to be worse or is it just me
I know down south the churches are doing a booming business and having read history books the same sort of religious fervor was seen the last turn of the century.

It just seems that there are a lot more out there now
Old 02-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #34
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
The Grandfathers don't take I.O.U.'s

"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #35
An URBAN NDN

Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 209.08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
It has always been my experience when someone comes up to me and says that, they are usually a fraud!

But like I have said before, they pray on the uniformed and anytime they use the fact that they are a slightest native or say they were adopted into this way they are immediately given sacred status by these people!

I wonder sometime why people run around looking for spiritual things everywhere...
Churches, Cults, Medicine men/woman, feng shui everywhere

Does it seem to be worse or is it just me
I know down south the churches are doing a booming business and having read history books the same sort of religious fervor was seen the last turn of the century.

It just seems that there are a lot more out there now
Pray on the uniformed?

I think you mean prey on the uninformed!
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #36
Pow Wow Visitor

CelticFire is an unknown quantity at this point
ty for the list!

I was just googling Red Elk to see if any genuine Native Americans had posted about him, and it was good to come accross this thread and find him on the list that Historian posted. Thanks Historian :-)
The reason I was googling for info is because I came accross a youtube video of an interview with him. The vibrations from his phooto alone were not good, but so many posters were enamoured by what he has to say, which I found strange. Can't people see what is in a persons eyes? It's sad. His website is also all money money money.
CelticFire is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #37
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,456.89
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticFire View Post
I was just googling Red Elk to see if any genuine Native Americans had posted about him, and it was good to come accross this thread and find him on the list that Historian posted. Thanks Historian :-)
The reason I was googling for info is because I came accross a youtube video of an interview with him. The vibrations from his phooto alone were not good, but so many posters were enamoured by what he has to say, which I found strange. Can't people see what is in a persons eyes? It's sad. His website is also all money money money.
Can you post a link to the website you're talking about?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #38
Pow Wow Visitor

wow that was quick!
This is the Youtube video:
YouTube - Thunderbirds Lizard People & Earth Changes Pt.1
This is his website:
IT IS TIME TO PREPARE THERE IS S
Old 07-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #39
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,456.89
Forget it. I googled it myself.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

oops

Sorry, I posted it as a quick reply, but I obviously don't know how to use it :-S
This is what I put:
Youtube-
YouTube - Thunderbirds Lizard People & Earth Changes Pt.1
website-
http://www.redelk.net/website/Welcom...RedElk.org.htm
Thanks for looking it up :-)
Sponsored Links