Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree35Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Exposing The Fake Medicine Men And  Women Exposing The Fake Medicine Men And Women

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #581
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
IlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Wherever I am suppose to be at that time...simple as that.
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
YES !!

I finally got my Fake Shaman certification in the mail. I signed up for it online two months ago and it finally arrived !

Can anyone tell me how to properly "spin" my pipe when I am smoking it. The instructions say to "spin" it after I smoke, but I am not sure exactly what that means? Does that mean when I am completely done smoking or in-between puffs ?
IlnuSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #582
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlnuSoldier View Post
YES !!

I finally got my Fake Shaman certification in the mail. I signed up for it online two months ago and it finally arrived !

Can anyone tell me how to properly "spin" my pipe when I am smoking it. The instructions say to "spin" it after I smoke, but I am not sure exactly what that means? Does that mean when I am completely done smoking or in-between puffs ?
Take pipe, spin around fifty times really fast with pipe in hand. Click heels together and say, "There's no place like the Rez". By that time you should get a strong vision.

That help will cost you $50. My normal price is $100 but I'm sending it wholesale because of your new status. I can wholesale you fake NDN names too. Dont forget that May is new name month so better get your order in soon. Supplies are limited. You need wannabe tribe ID cards?

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Last edited by TKMJ Productions; 03-11-2010 at 07:56 PM..
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #583
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMJ Productions View Post
Sorry that hapened but when you mess with the "powers that be" and have no real clue, you can pay a heavy price. Fakes have no business in handling our spiritual ways. That should be left up to people who know what they are doing. She may have gotten into areas where she had no business or there were some physical and emoitional problems within her that happened to pop out at the wrong time for her.
i have seen this time and time again .
Old 03-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #584
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
some times it not the higher power that be either,once at powwow a guy was talking to me and was telling me about a group that was a healer teaching group uh ok i listen to him as he went on ... at some point some of his former members came hobbling up on walkers .... .....now and again he would bump me with his hip as we were working together in a booth,i told him to stop doing that i felt a jolt up my spine ever time it did that..he did not claim any native family and for some reason he was not telling the truth..

also i have worked in a deliverance with a church group.. i saw the closer we got to the Creator the harder the fight needles to say the fight was very bad for most ,it was decided to fosus on the Son was best.
during that time much was gained about prayer but the cost was very high ,,, where one need to know what thay were about, The weakest among us were targeted, my daughter for one was very sick. we over came with prayer but what a fight.. we were changed ...we walked way from western medican went to a Budis Dr who know how to feed the body, Asked my family Dr to watch my gurlS blood levels as we took her off the medS.we found some cures with prayer and herbs.. Maricales ...... it was a long walk.......... there is some i have falling away from and some wont speak to me anymore ..i have been sent out of a church yea i have .. still the power of Creator still rains in my life sooo worthy the trip..

soo as far as someone taking something and playing around buyer beware
Old 03-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #585
Tiny Tot Dancer

IlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeIlnuSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ - I got some dream quests CDs and some Sacred Eagle incense burners I can trade you for the advice you gave... interested ?

Also, how much are your wannabe IDs ?

I got a box of cards with Indian names... it is the "Sacred Sun" collection.. it matches an animal with either a color and/or a geographic feature, and the when you use one, you just throw it away, that way you don't accidently give the same name twice.

Yesterday I sold "Red Eagle Moon" and "Pine Tree Blue Crane"

Works good.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #586
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlnuSoldier View Post
TKMJ - I got some dream quests CDs and some Sacred Eagle incense burners I can trade you for the advice you gave... interested ?

Also, how much are your wannabe IDs ?

I got a box of cards with Indian names... it is the "Sacred Sun" collection.. it matches an animal with either a color and/or a geographic feature, and the when you use one, you just throw it away, that way you don't accidently give the same name twice.

Yesterday I sold "Red Eagle Moon" and "Pine Tree Blue Crane"

Works good.
No trades! NDNs trade good. Fakes pay cash!
Gotta follow the rules ya know.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #587
Tiny Tot Dancer

Oops... I forgot !

::pays TKMJ ::
Old 03-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #588
Pow Wow Visitor

LaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond repute
LaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond reputeLaughingWaterWI has a reputation beyond repute
William commanda, Supreme Chief of all the North American Territory

Can you identify this elder?

is also the keeper of the Seven Fires Prophecy Belt. It has come down to him, through other keepers, from at least the 1400's and perhaps even from beyond since I have seen it mentioned to be over 1000 years old. The prophecy was made hundreds of years before the coming of the Europeans.

LaughingWaterWI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #589
Pow Wow Visitor

numo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond repute
Just wanted to say "many thanks" to Historian and other members who are posting good links and keeping this thread going...

I'm white, but have always been pretty horrified by the way so many New Agers seem to take whatever they want (from many cultures) and cut and paste it together to create completely phony "Native American" or "Celtic" sects - or equally fraudulent mashups of African, NA (etc.) beliefs. Calling themselves "shamans" is just... well, my personal opinion is that nobody but people who actually come from a group of people that has a tradition of shamanism/shamans should ever use the word "shaman" to describe themselves. (And then only if they are recognized as such by others in their tribe/clan/nation/etc.)

I once worked in a suburb of Washington D.C. that seems to be a magnet for fake "shamans" (and others like them) and was just amazed/shocked to see a copy of a magazine called "The Shamanic Quarterly" on a local newsstand. (It was an expensive mag, too.) I also met people who had attended so-called Lakota ceremonies (for $$$) and claimed to have totem animals and belong to X or Y clan/fake tribe and...

To be honest, I really didn't (and still don't) have much patience with any of that, but I do feel sorry for those who are seeking something and get conned by "plastic medicine men." OTOH, if they didn't go to fake "shamans," they'd probably be running after something (and someone) else that's equally questionable.

So... please believe me when I say that there are white folks who are very embarrassed by - and ashamed of - these attempts to steal from your cultures and religions (as well as those of other peoples from around the world).

And thanks again for all the great links - it's going to take me a long time to get through all of them.
numo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #590
Junior Dancer

annie_griffin has a reputation beyond repute
annie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,323.57
Algonquin

I think he is an Algonquin elder. I don't believe I've ever met him but I heard his name up in Ontario.

annie
annie_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #591
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
His name is William Commanda. He is Algonquin and once there was reason to respect him...I however found him full of himself after an incounter 12 yrs ago. Everyone was telling me "plz don't lose your temper...thants William commanda"
But he is completely in left field now. 3 yrs ago he sent messengers to all the ontario powwows collecting money for his new vision (reminded me of a tv evengalist). Then last summer he invented 13 Algonquin Clan Mothers. Algonquins have clans, but not clan mothers, being patriachs and all, they have heads of family, who are not happy and the Mohawks are pissed. And if you saw the Woman he choose, they all belong on here too, especially thier "leader" Danka Brewer. Fake Mrs Shaman. He chose two of Danka's cousins too, but when they realized what was going on they left, horrified and ashamed they didn't see what Comanda and Brewer were up to earlier. You would think my whole area would be buzzing but no. I posted about this on facebook, with the link to where he claims himself chief of all of North America, an no one responded, like they were afraid to cuz it
Was the great William Commanda who is the newest and biggest fake. It is only talked of in whispers. Peeps, Ontario and Quebec need the rest of you to be VERY loud about this, cuz apparently they are all afraid.. TY, SuzzeQ

Last edited by SuzzeQ4; 04-13-2010 at 09:41 AM..
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #592
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Once, long ago, an either banned or completely non-intellectual person, here, recommended something humorous: that I was the Chief of the "Zeke-aki" Tribe.

Actually, just to keep up with the Joneses, I'm considering it. :)
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 AM   #593
Pow Wow Visitor

numo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond reputenumo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Anyone know anything updates about this Michael "Hawk" Goodfire (aka Michael Spisak; aka Hawk Goodfire; aka Sunkawitko; aka Michael Thunderhawk) in the following article from August?

Sacred white and black buffalo in danger | Indian Country Today | National & World News

... or about his organization?

Welcome
I'll second your request for information - ran across his site a few days ago and I feel that there is something way, way off... also, on some of the newspaper articles he has linked to, people have left comments stating that he is a fraud, although I'm not sure they provided much info. to back up their claims.

His site (buffalomessengers) has some "endorsements" that I wonder about...
numo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #594
Pow Wow Visitor

watchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond reputewatchesmany has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 134.00
Cool Is the intention to make it "better"?

Maybe I misunderstand, but what really is the problem with the foolish being parted from their money? If they were really interested in learning or experiencing then they wouldn't be trying to buy a short-cut in the first place. I'm pretty okay with people losing all their cash to some poseur so they can flash their certificate of Cool Shamaninisticness to other people who have no idea what they're talking about. It makes it easier for me to identify the real. I'd rather spend all day with someone who's genuinely curious than waste my time with someone who thinks ya can get a degree in Healer.

Thoughts?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #595
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Hi Watchesmany:

I guess I'm a little concerned with fake medicine folks as some of them can hiding their deviant nature behind what should be an honourable role. As a lawyer, I've had to prosecute a few of these fake medicine men, not for taking a fool and their money, but for using their self proclaimed position to sexually assault folks that are so vulnerable to the power balance.

Usually, these fakes rock up in an urban setting, far, far away from their home turf. They hit the Friendship centres, native health clinics, youth groups, native student groups and prey on the urgency of some of these folks to get in touch with their own traditions. They perform "ceremonies" that no matter how you slice and dice them, they are fronts for sexual assaults. The victims seldom say anything because they simply don't know better. I remember one particular fake medicine man that would use the tactic of picking a young kid and telling them they could see they were distressed by their "fill in new agey term" surrounding them and them offer to do a healing for them. The first couple of "healings" are fairly benign and that gets the confidence building. The "healings" include "baths" where the medicine man watches and "helps" the bad medicine to leave by physically touching the victim in intimate places. If they resist, then they are told that they will never heal and are sick beyond help. I've seen cases where sexual acts are used to "heal" and sweats are a cover for gang sexual assaults. These so called healers usually have a criminal record, been banned from their own community, and have lists of victims miles long as they move from place to place. Money usually is secondary to them as they get their kicks from causing pain to their victims.

So what's the problem you ask?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #596
Junior Dancer

annie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond reputeannie_griffin has a reputation beyond repute
healing

There are many people who throw the word healing around.
It is very rare to actually find someone who heals.

Starting to think Western Medicine ain't so bad afterall.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #597
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_griffin View Post
There are many people who throw the word healing around.
It is very rare to actually find someone who heals.

Starting to think Western Medicine ain't so bad afterall.
Western medicine is good to a point to attempt to heal the body of disease but usually not the heart and mindset. Healing the heart and mindset are a spiritual process. Can't get that from an MD.

I had a former client that claims that he was healed of his bipolar issues by going through sundance. It didn't work. As we all know bipolar is a disturbances in the areas of the brain that regulate mood.

Big difference between the brain and mindset.

Anyone who thinks they can be healed by a purchased healing, is a fool. It doesn't work that way.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #598
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Hi Watchesmany:

I guess I'm a little concerned with fake medicine folks as some of them can hiding their deviant nature behind what should be an honourable role. As a lawyer, I've had to prosecute a few of these fake medicine men, not for taking a fool and their money, but for using their self proclaimed position to sexually assault folks that are so vulnerable to the power balance.

Usually, these fakes rock up in an urban setting, far, far away from their home turf. They hit the Friendship centres, native health clinics, youth groups, native student groups and prey on the urgency of some of these folks to get in touch with their own traditions. They perform "ceremonies" that no matter how you slice and dice them, they are fronts for sexual assaults. The victims seldom say anything because they simply don't know better. I remember one particular fake medicine man that would use the tactic of picking a young kid and telling them they could see they were distressed by their "fill in new agey term" surrounding them and them offer to do a healing for them. The first couple of "healings" are fairly benign and that gets the confidence building. The "healings" include "baths" where the medicine man watches and "helps" the bad medicine to leave by physically touching the victim in intimate places. If they resist, then they are told that they will never heal and are sick beyond help. I've seen cases where sexual acts are used to "heal" and sweats are a cover for gang sexual assaults. These so called healers usually have a criminal record, been banned from their own community, and have lists of victims miles long as they move from place to place. Money usually is secondary to them as they get their kicks from causing pain to their victims.

So what's the problem you ask?
I remember such a case in the friendship center where I live. A Man giving distressed Women cedar baths with the Women all naked. So impressed that he was a 'medicine man'. That they didn't want to hear from the regular NDN's that he wasn't real. This is the problem at the far end. But. What of those that are not sexually abusing people? They are still a danger to the community. I have said this before and I am saying it again. There are a lot of people in our communities who grow up without thier culture. Some like me were adopted out or put in foster care. For some the knowledge was gone in thier families from generations of residential school. Sometimes the parent is so assimilated they keep it from thier children in a misguided attempt to protect thier children. In any case when these of our people go looking for thier culture, often in urban areas they will go to where it makes sence to start. A friendship center. And there the fake lies in wait to get new followers. They are hurting our own people even more then they are hurting the new age fool. We should be concerned for our community members. That is why we should be concerned. I got a msg from a fake that I called out a's a charlatan. I asked our community what should I do. I was told just stand by your words as you were the only one of us to speak the truth. I asked should I tell that family gave me this info. I was told to just wait. So bow you also see that communities are worry to speak out publicly they do not want these charlatans to sue them for slander. So people are afraid to protect their communities. It is a problem. And what of the Women who many many yrs ago tried to speak out against the fake and his baths. They were attacked by our communities next drive by charlatan. He used the fact that there are cedar baths to discredit these knowledgeable people. And do you want to know the crazy thing. With that history long forgoton by those at the friendship center but remembered by those who have always been in the community? The center brought in a Woman to teach about cedar baths. Declaring that these could be done by anyone with the calling to do so. Those two of us sent by the community to see what the center was doing asked this Woman "are you saying men can give these baths to Women". The problem does not stop because to many people say it is not thier problem. They are only harming the fools. But are the fools not our cosins? Our families? Our communities?
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2010, 06:09 AM   #599
Junior Dancer

healing

Very interesting. One thing I don't like about Western Medicine is that a person needs a different doctor for every part of the body. The various doctors rarely even speak to each other. It is silly really.

I've never been to a sundance so I could not say about that. I hope your friend
finds what he or she needs. I've known several people who function well with
prescriptions to manage the chemical imbalance.

Cars seem easier to fix than people but it is good that there are so many hard working good hearted people who give it their best.

NO matter what kind of health care person one is looking for it is always best to find others who have benefitted from their care.

Good luck to everybody.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #600
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_griffin View Post
I've never been to a sundance so I could not say about that. I hope your friend
finds what he or she needs. I've known several people who function well with
prescriptions to manage the chemical imbalance.
Not my friend Annie. A former client who I released and refuse to do business with for moral and professional reasons because his out bursts and back stabbing. Most of it stems from his bipolar issues and his value of money and self worth over honor.

Sponsored Links