Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree35Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues Exposing The Fake Medicine Men And  Women Exposing The Fake Medicine Men And Women

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #101
traditional woman

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
rain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
im sorry tk but i think it was right. the name should have never had medicine in it maybe minty fresh.. the word medicine alone to me means sacred..the people probably thought they were getting sacred items from a medicine man and probably paying double what they would have paid another trader to find out hes only a herbalist.
sorry if im wrong but i put it into perspective and thats what i got out of that.
rain_drop_smth is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #102
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain_drop_smth View Post
im sorry tk but i think it was right. the name should have never had medicine in it maybe minty fresh.. the word medicine alone to me means sacred..the people probably thought they were getting sacred items from a medicine man and probably paying double what they would have paid another trader to find out hes only a herbalist.
sorry if im wrong but i put it into perspective and thats what i got out of that.
His prices were no more then any other vendor at powwows selling the same stuff. Sometimes even less. He also had a sign stating that he was an herbalist and when asked if he was a real medicine man, he stated "no, just a herbalist". He never tried to put on the scam and they ran him out anyway.

He was run off the circuit because people didn't have the ballz to just ask or check him out. They just assumed as many do without any real facts. Pure buffalo crap and gossip!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2008, 11:47 AM   #103
traditional woman

rain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant futurerain_drop_smth has a brilliant future
tk ive said it befor and ill say it again im sorry...i did not have all of the facts and i should not have posted without all of them...although i thought i did...
Old 12-31-2008, 05:25 PM   #104
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezkat33az View Post
There is proof, several traditional people & the US Fish & Wildlife Service looked into his NDN claim- no one found him registered anywhere. The US Fish & Wildlife service was interested because Richard & one of his brothers were convicted of shooting eagles & hawks & selling thier feather/parts & went to prison for it.There was an article in News from Indian country or Indian Country- can't remember wich publication.
ALSO I was lokking up Navajo Medicine men on Google & found this interesting 'New Ager' site gushing about how a Navajo medicine man is coming to visit them in PA, note the prices they are charging!!! OMG does anyone 'not' get it?????
Esteemed traditional Navajo Medicine Man - Ancient Joy Spirituality (Valley Forge, PA) - Meetup.com
OK if there is positive proof, 86 the guy and call it good!

Another one bites the dust!

Forget the 86. That's to final. Let him live and we will remind him everyday!

Old 12-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #105
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
tk ive said it befor and ill say it again im sorry...i did not have all of the facts and i should not have posted without all of them...although i thought i did...
No need to say sorry. It's your oponion in opened discussion. Our ancestors always allowed everyone to speak on a matter without retrubution in all fairness. No reason to change now.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #106
traditional woman

k ty the last thing i want to do is pee someone off.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #107
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
k ty the last thing i want to do is pee someone off.
Now what could you do to pee me off?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #108
Love PowWows!

MtnLiving has a reputation beyond repute
MtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond reputeMtnLiving has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51.00
Years ago I read one of Lynn Andrews books. Stupid stupid stupid. The farther into the book I got, the more ridiculous it became. I couldn't even finish it and was angry that a person who claims these things to be truth, was obviously lying for a buck. How is that any different from our politicians in office for example? Atleast we know the politicians are lying. I'd love to see every last one of her books pulled off the shelves and her seminars to stop.
MtnLiving is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #109
walk your talk

tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 413.53
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_griffin View Post
Lucky for me I'm too poor to be New Age.
im with you there annie~
(how you been girl pm me sometime. this site didnt work for like over a month for me...)

sometimes you have to live life as if what everyone else thinks does not matter, but is still a factor...
that even though you think you are so lost, you may be found...
no matter what comes in your life, it will be over come...
and that the real reason that you live is for love, and finding inner peace...
live free for what its worth an never let life hold you back from living
One person can make a difference----lets all of us give it a try.--- john f. Kennedy

other places u can find me...

]htt://www.myspace.com/hawkredfeather630
www.facebook.com/redfeather630
tiffany redfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #110
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
Some more interesting sites I found pertaining to this thread topic.

New Age (and Other) Ripoff Sites

Our Red Earth - American Indian Activism And Civil Rights

Spiritual Commodification and Misappropriation

Crystal Spirit Wolf Runner

Lisa Aldred - Plastic Shamans and Astroturf Sun Dances: New Age Commercialization of Native American Spirituality - American Indian Quarterly 24:3

Plastic shaman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American Indian Cultural Support main page

Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society (DTMMS)

Star Spider Dancing

Channeling, Mediumship, Spirit Guides

Yunsai Society, White Buffalo Society, Medicine Society Grandmother Parisha

IT IS TIME TO PREPARE THERE IS S

Rainbow Eagle: Seventh Fire Peace Shield Teacher

Rainbow

White Buffalo Lodge - Healing, Spiritual Development & Teaching Center - Ron "WILLOW" O'Berry, Pawtucket, RI

Brooke Medicine Eagle

Mary Thunder Home Page

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #111
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
Some more interesting sites I found pertaining to this thread topic.

New Age (and Other) Ripoff Sites

Our Red Earth - American Indian Activism And Civil Rights

Spiritual Commodification and Misappropriation

Crystal Spirit Wolf Runner

Lisa Aldred - Plastic Shamans and Astroturf Sun Dances: New Age Commercialization of Native American Spirituality - American Indian Quarterly 24:3

Plastic shaman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American Indian Cultural Support main page

Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society (DTMMS)

Star Spider Dancing

Channeling, Mediumship, Spirit Guides

Yunsai Society, White Buffalo Society, Medicine Society Grandmother Parisha

IT IS TIME TO PREPARE THERE IS S

Rainbow Eagle: Seventh Fire Peace Shield Teacher

Rainbow

White Buffalo Lodge - Healing, Spiritual Development & Teaching Center - Ron "WILLOW" O'Berry, Pawtucket, RI

Brooke Medicine Eagle

Mary Thunder Home Page
WoW! What a mess!

If I start my own website for NDN stuff, can I be the keeper of the sacred drum microphone?????

Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #112
Fancy Shawl Dancer

Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 368.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMJ Productions View Post
WoW! What a mess!

If I start my own website for NDN stuff, can I be the keeper of the sacred drum microphone?????

Hey - I've even sang on them microphones - theys sure is good sounded!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #113
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamama View Post
Hey - I've even sang on them microphones - theys sure is good sounded!
Yep! I took your voice and put it in a coffee can! Or was that you trying to get out of that empty coffee can?

That was a fun demo CD we made. I should put a little powwow coffee on the forum for everyone's listening pleasure and a good laugh!

Love ya Kamama and that big lug of an NDN guy you got!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #114
Fancy Shawl Dancer

Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yep! I took your voice and put it in a coffee can! Or was that you trying to get out of that empty coffee can?

That was a fun demo CD we made. I should put a little powwow coffee on the forum for everyone's listening pleasure and a good laugh!

Love ya Kamama and that big lug of an NDN guy you got!
Haha, Danny actually got me a new studio thingie to put on my other computer for Christmas. Its pretty decent, not as nice as your studio, but, its not bad.
I'm gonna try to make a CD up sometime soon I think. See how it goes.
haha, Pow Wow Coffee, that'll be my one hit wonder dunno if Im ready for everyone to hear me yet though.
hopefully we'll see you sometime soon.
Love you guys, hug that wifey and kiddie of yours for me!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #115
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamama View Post
Haha, Danny actually got me a new studio thingie to put on my other computer for Christmas. Its pretty decent, not as nice as your studio, but, its not bad.
I'm gonna try to make a CD up sometime soon I think. See how it goes.
haha, Pow Wow Coffee, that'll be my one hit wonder dunno if Im ready for everyone to hear me yet though.
hopefully we'll see you sometime soon.
Love you guys, hug that wifey and kiddie of yours for me!
Well well well.........
Not ready?????????????

What is it worth to you for me Not to post it?

(hint.....think fry bread)

Old 01-15-2009, 03:12 AM   #116
walk your talk

tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 413.53
uht oooooooh...

lol

tkmj an kamama hijacked the thread

tsk tsk

lol

sometimes you have to live life as if what everyone else thinks does not matter, but is still a factor...
that even though you think you are so lost, you may be found...
no matter what comes in your life, it will be over come...
and that the real reason that you live is for love, and finding inner peace...
live free for what its worth an never let life hold you back from living
One person can make a difference----lets all of us give it a try.--- john f. Kennedy

other places u can find me...

]htt://www.myspace.com/hawkredfeather630
www.facebook.com/redfeather630
tiffany redfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2009, 05:30 AM   #117
Powwow Sound 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany.redfeather View Post
uht oooooooh...

lol

tkmj an kamama hijacked the thread

tsk tsk

lol
Well Tiffany, I have something to hold over your head too. But you will have to wait until the next commercial interuption.

We now resume our normal programming.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #118
Experienced

Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.14
I thought the article below titled Medicine Wheelers and Dealers- by Bernard C. Perley, would be of interest to the topic of this thread. It was taken from the following source:

Spirit Wars - Native North American Religions in the Age of Nation Building, by Ronald Niezen, University of California Press: Berkeley, CA, 2000.

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #119
Fancy Shawl Dancer

Quote:
Well well well.........
Not ready?????????????

What is it worth to you for me Not to post it?

(hint.....think fry bread)

I know a good fry bread maker..... he might be a medicine man LOLOLOL

Historian, interesting article, I have to chuckle though...cigarettes as smudging. haha.

Last edited by Kamama; 01-16-2009 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: oops
Kamama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #120
Teen Dancer

Kaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant futureKaina1128 has a brilliant future
Credits: 4,123.81
Wink

Deleted

Last edited by Kaina1128; 11-14-2018 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Deleted
Kaina1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links