Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues The Federal Cherokee Debate The Federal Cherokee Debate

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #421
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.
 
yaahl's Avatar
 
Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 2,790
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
Well, I'm off to the store guys. Be back shortly. Don't give me too many pages to read please, it's cold here.LOL

Might get some pie while I'm there if they have any. I know: hold the dairy.LMAO
Ohohoh.. can you pick me up some skittles please... I'd like to taste rainbow...

So I finished reading that article Josiah and I both found on Robert Thomas... the Canadian Contribution one... I got into the first page and noted they referred to Rochdale College in Toronto - in the 1970s no less... after I stopped laughing because anyone who has done any sort of post-secondary education here in Canada, knows that Rochdale in the 60/70s was nicknamed RoachClip U. The only studying anyone did there was how to mix the ganga with hash oil and top it with a hit of LSD. No one actually studied there... let alone got a degree from there...

The credibility factor just kept going down after that... loved the part about saving the trees on Haida Gwaii too... if the number of people that claim to have been there during the logging protests had actually stepped foot on Haida Gwaii, the while archipelago would be on the ocean bottom. Those anti-logging events are kind of like "where were you when Kennedy was shot?" Everybody was there ....in spirit at least...ummm yeah.

Iowa Boy, Zeke all I have left in the pantry for pies is an apple and lemon meringue.. will either one be ok for you?
__________________
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #422
were home
 
2lineCarrandMorgan's Avatar
 
Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TX,Austin
Posts: 7,293
Blog Entries: 1
Credits: 30,091.23
Savings: 1.00
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
@Zeke you have always shown me kindness and thoughtful re guard i think you are a well and health male with a high standers really cant see what the protest is about concerning your inter actions here at powwows.com ..alot well considering that is just a pot shot because of a low reading comprehension, anyway have a good day
__________________
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf
2lineCarrandMorgan is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #423
Teen Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 421
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Passes? Court Documents?
Are you trying to say that Cherokees in the 1700's would go to Courts and get Passes to travel to New Jersey???

Ummm you know that the United States was not Formed till after 1783
So the 80 years prior to that it was a British Colony right?
And during that time we were an Ally of the British Crown

Sooooo....

WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN PASSES!

Oh really?

Executive Journals, Council of Colonial Virginia
June 24 1692
Gov' that Indians goeing in great Numbers from place to place at
the heads of the Rivers without passes often times when they are Scene Occasions a Supposition that they are Enemyes and thereby causes disturbance.

Thats one of many examples,

Here is one that goes into more detail,

I Believe the date below is 14th Sept 1722

Found in Executive Journals, Council of Colonial Virginia
Vol 4. Page 673


-- PRESENT — His Excellcy Alexander Spotswood Esqre Governor of Virginia
Coll Nathaniel Harrison one of His Maty's Council of Virginia
Coll William Robinson a member of the House of Burgesses of Virginia

Commissioners of the Indian Affairs
Coll Peter Schuyler
Hendr Hansen
Peter Van Brugh
John Collins
Ph: Livingston

Sachims & Warriors
Since the Bounds between your Indians & ours are firmly agreed upon tis necessary now to declare the names of the several Nations of Indians which the Government of Virginia engages for, & those are the Nottoways, Meherins, Nanemonds,[1] Pamunkeys, Chichominys, & the Christanna Indians whom you call Todirichroones that we comprehend under the name,[2] the Saponies, Ochineeches, Stenkenocks, Meipontskys & Toteroes, all the forenamed Indians having their present Settlements on the East Side of the high Ridge of Mountains & between the two Great Rivers of Potomack & Roanoke, which you call Kahongaronton & Konentcheneke & on the other hand it is fit at this time that you declare ye names of all those Indians whom you comprehend in the present Treaty & for whose Performance the five Nations will answer

And to mind you of this Proposition I lay down for our ten Nations of Indians ten Guns

I have already told you yt we have made a Law in Virginia to oblige a due performance of yt Article of the Boundaries which you have ratified & it is highly expedient that I now particularly inform you thereof

If any Indians of the aforenamed Nations belonging to Virginia or those whom you declare to be dependent on your five Nations shall hereafter transgress the said Boundaries without having the proper Passeports already mentioned every such Indian is by that Law liable to be put to death or transported & sold for a slave & as the Government of Virginia will not demand satisfaction for whatever you shall do to any of their Indians whom you shall take on the North Side of Potowmack River & on the West Side of the high Ridge of Mountains so your people must not look upon it as any Breach of the Peace & Friendship which Virginia desires to preserve with the five Nations, if that Government shall hang or transport any of your Indians who shall hereafter be taken without a proper Passport on the South Side of the said River & on the east Side of the said Ridge.--


I will not post every single occurance of these passes or all the Cherokee sections with these passes, but yeah indians in north Carolina, Virginia, and Tribulatories of New York's government needed passes to travel north.


Here is another example of Native people of North Carolina needing to apply for passes to trvel around North Carolina.

--April 19 1755:
Abstracts of the Minutes of the
Court of Pleas and Quarter
Sessions Rowan County,
North Carolina 1753-1762
II:72 19 April 1755
Esquires present: Jas Carter, Jno Handby, Alexr Osburn & Thos Potts. … Whereas John Auston a Saponia Indian and Mary a Susquhanah Indian and Thos a Cattaaba applied for a pass to the Cataba Nation being now on their Journey to conclude a Genl Peace with ye Catabas in behalf of the Sd Nation and also presented 3 Belts of Wampum to Sd Court by which the sd Treaty is to be concluded.--


So I guess you did not know about how we had to travel in the 1600-1700's?


Still wish to keep saying I don't know crap about our histories? so keep making those insults, but it is not working in your favor.

Point made, Case closed.
ECSN is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #424
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.
 
yaahl's Avatar
 
Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 2,790
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
dubious hair color hahahaha I did not know jet black hair is a dubious hair color hahahaha


As for stitching and bead work etc, I think the oldest forms of that may be out on the East coast. Actually most of the oldest artifacts found in Native culture is found out here on the East coast, Mainly in the Virginia area, and your where yaahl?

I've done stated before who my direct jeffries ancestor is, or do you also have selective memory?

Andrew "drury" Jeffries is my direct line ancestor. so try at least get something better to come at me with.

Oh I did remember you mentioning Pocahontas awhile back. You might want to look and see what names is on her family tree before making comments on that one also.

http://pocahontas.morenus.org/poca_gen.html


And before you watch Pocahontas again and think John smith was in love with her, you may want to find out how old she was. And before you think Pocahontas saved john smiths life you may want to find out what the ceremony was for encorprating tribes into the Powhatan confederacy etc. Pocahontas was just a little kid when she met john Smith, she never saved john smith's life, and John rolfe was her second husband not first.

The man who lived right next door to John Rolfe and Pocahontas was Samuel jordan (my direct line ancestor). If you care to debate that then you may want to look on the land records of Jamestown Virginia.

The Blair and fleming and Grey family is also in my direct family line. Pocahontas' descendants traveled and often married into my families.

You may also want to check the names enrolled in the Pamunkey tribe

http://www.freeafricanamericans.com/photos_Indians.htm
Gawd, you are a blithering fool.

I referred to that particular post because you insisted upon comparing yourself to the picture of that Jeffries. Which by the way, shows zero resembalance to you.

So let me get this straight... you are saying that you think historically, the artifacts found on the east coast are older than anything found in the north, south and west...? I think what you should actually be saying is that "these items and artifacts were found first by collectors by virtue of the colonization mapping" rather than attempting to say that they are older. Again, you are delving into an area that you know little about except what you think you know and what information was missing you've filled in the blanks with sh*t you made up.

If your beadwork that you displayed in that picture over on Saponitown is indicative of your vast knowledge of beadwork and artifacts... then you've proven there's a sucker born every minute. Someone saw you coming for sure on that getup.

Oh, and thanks for claiming that you are also descended from Pocahantas.. I just won the lottery on how fast it would take you to do it... ding ding ding... we have a winner... say hello to your other family members the Wilsons and Jeffersons... they are also her relatives. I'm sure it must be fun at those family reunions... you are invited aren't you?
__________________
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #425
Teen Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 421
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
I'm going to just give some brief things to study for Robert k thomas.

--

Native Activism in Cold War America
The Struggle for Sovereignty
Daniel M. Cobb
New in Paperback: September 2010
xii, 306 pages, 33 illustrations, 1 map, 6 x 9
Cloth ISBN 978-0-7006-1597-1, $34.95
Paper ISBN 978-0-7006-1750-0, $19.95

WINNER OF THE INAUGURAL LABRIOLA CENTER AMERICAN INDIAN NATIONAL BOOK AWARD




This book shows how Native people who never embraced militancy—and others who did—made vital contributions as activists well before the American Indian Movement burst onto the scene. By highlighting the role of early intellectuals and activists like Sol Tax, Nancy Lurie, Robert K. Thomas, Helen Peterson, and Robert V. Dumont, Cobb situates AIM’s efforts within a much broader context and reveals how Native people translated the politics of Cold War civil rights into the language of tribal sovereignty.--



Here is one that I did not look much into

http://www.ais.arizona.edu/people/robert-k-thomas

Here is something else from Arizona state university

http://jaie.asu.edu/v37/V37S2book.htm

--Journal of American Indian Education
Volume 37 Number 2
Winter 1998
Book Review


A Good Cherokee, A Good Anthropologist: Papers in Honor of Robert K. Thomas. Edited by Steve Pavlik. American Indian Studies Center at the University of California, Los Angeles, 1998. 390 pages. $25 paper. $40 cloth.




This book is a fitting memorial to Bob Thomas, a man who touched so many people's lives so deeply. It also is an important documentation of the evolution of Native American political and scholarly thought in the historical context of one of its primary proponents. To relegate this book, or even the life of Bob Thomas, to the narrower sphere of Native American subject matter is to miss its greatest potential contribution. While Bob Thomas' contributions to understanding the dynamics of cultural and social forces are usually thought of in the context of Native American communities, it is the universality of his vision that makes his contribution, and by extension this book, so significant.

Octaviana V Trujillo
Arizona State University --



http://indigenouspolicy.org/Articles...ault.aspx--Bob Thomas And American Indian Religion By Thomas J. Hoffman, Ph.D., St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX,
In April of 2001 a number of us gathered at a roundtable at the Western Social Science Convention in Reno, Nevada to honor Bob Thomas, who had passed on in 1991. On that panel I tried to serve up some of Bob’s primary points and cleverly phrased insights about American Indian religion which I gleaned from a course I took from him in the Fall of 1981 when he was first returning to the University of Arizona (he had been a student there, leaving 30 years earlier in 1951). --


Here is some more on him

http://www.bitahnii.com/Historical%2...e%20People.htm

Here is a picture of Robert K thomas at the Canadian Indian Youth Council 1967 Workshop held at UBC University of British Columbia Campus.

http://www.bitahnii.com/Historical%2...e%20People.htm
ECSN is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #426
Teen Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 421
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Gawd, you are a blithering fool.

I referred to that particular post because you insisted upon comparing yourself to the picture of that Jeffries. Which by the way, shows zero resembalance to you.

So let me get this straight... you are saying that you think historically, the artifacts found on the east coast are older than anything found in the north, south and west...? I think what you should actually be saying is that "these items and artifacts were found first by collectors by virtue of the colonization mapping" rather than attempting to say that they are older. Again, you are delving into an area that you know little about except what you think you know and what information was missing you've filled in the blanks with sh*t you made up.

If your beadwork that you displayed in that picture over on Saponitown is indicative of your vast knowledge of beadwork and artifacts... then you've proven there's a sucker born every minute. Someone saw you coming for sure on that getup.

Oh, and thanks for claiming that you are also descended from Pocahantas.. I just won the lottery on how fast it would take you to do it... ding ding ding... we have a winner... say hello to your other family members the Wilsons and Jeffersons... they are also her relatives. I'm sure it must be fun at those family reunions... you are invited aren't you?


Umm, No. I am saying, the artifacts on the east coast are older because umm, they are older. Thru stuff such as this thing called Carbon dating etc.


I'm not descended from Pocahontas, my family did marry into and travel with her descendants. Thats a PROVEN FACT. I gave you her Proven family tree.

The beadwork is called "odd count flat Peyote stitch". It is actually not a stitch technic limited to North America, it is also found in countries like Egypt. So try again. When are you going to realize you defiently have to research more to get something on me.
ECSN is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #427
Self-Righteous Injun
 
Zeke's Avatar
 
Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 2,447
Credits: 17,963.51
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
@Zeke you have always shown me kindness and thoughtful re guard i think you are a well and health male with a high standers really cant see what the protest is about concerning your inter actions here at powwows.com ..alot well considering that is just a pot shot because of a low reading comprehension, anyway have a good day
I'm not aware of any protests.

Thanks for the kind words.

May I have some pie, please?
Zeke is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #428
Head Dancer
 
timmy tiger's Avatar
 
Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Posts: 36,934
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 8,331.92
Savings: 1.00
I'm back. Sorry Yaahl, no rainbow. But I got ruffle chips. No pie either. But I have the stuff to do some cakes. Angel food (like me.HAHAHAHA) or Almond Chocolate or a number of other kinds. OH OH OH I made a banana cake not too long ago that was totally out of this world. Any takers?LOL

Well, Guess what I did guys. Yep, went into my websites and dang the first thing I get is his ancestor's Rev War records from the National Archives. Emanual Teal's wifes name was Martha and he was in the Rev War from NC. You said your gma Sudie Senoa Teal was Creek. I can look up her mother's side as well, Petty. An even go on from there as well.
timmy tiger is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #429
Teen Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 421
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
Since you do not know much about Pocahontas or of her son and his kids etc. I'll give you a few things to check out, Since you brought her up but did not know anything about her family.


http://www.burningsettlerscabin.com/?tag=john-rolfe


Samuel Jordan and Cicely is my direct line.

Here is a partial family history of her kids. The Randolph family is also direct line ancestors of mine. the gay family later became the gray/grey family which is also another family line of mine. so is the Payne and Fleming family and the Blair family.

http://www.burningsettlerscabin.com/?tag=john-rolfe

so don't make jokes on things you have not researchered, or you may be the one people laugh at. Just saying. I also done showed you where the collins family to this day still live on the Pamunkey reservation.
ECSN is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #430
Powwow Dude
 
Josiah's Avatar
 
Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Center of the Universe: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,097
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
Oh really?

Executive Journals, Council of Colonial Virginia
June 24 1692
Gov' that Indians goeing in great Numbers from place to place at
the heads of the Rivers without passes often times when they are Scene Occasions a Supposition that they are Enemyes and thereby causes disturbance.

Thats one of many examples,

Here is one that goes into more detail,

I Believe the date below is 14th Sept 1722

Found in Executive Journals, Council of Colonial Virginia
Vol 4. Page 673


-- PRESENT — His Excellcy Alexander Spotswood Esqre Governor of Virginia
Coll Nathaniel Harrison one of His Maty's Council of Virginia
Coll William Robinson a member of the House of Burgesses of Virginia

Commissioners of the Indian Affairs
Coll Peter Schuyler
Hendr Hansen
Peter Van Brugh
John Collins
Ph: Livingston

Sachims & Warriors
Since the Bounds between your Indians & ours are firmly agreed upon tis necessary now to declare the names of the several Nations of Indians which the Government of Virginia engages for, & those are the Nottoways, Meherins, Nanemonds,[1] Pamunkeys, Chichominys, & the Christanna Indians whom you call Todirichroones that we comprehend under the name,[2] the Saponies, Ochineeches, Stenkenocks, Meipontskys & Toteroes, all the forenamed Indians having their present Settlements on the East Side of the high Ridge of Mountains & between the two Great Rivers of Potomack & Roanoke, which you call Kahongaronton & Konentcheneke & on the other hand it is fit at this time that you declare ye names of all those Indians whom you comprehend in the present Treaty & for whose Performance the five Nations will answer

And to mind you of this Proposition I lay down for our ten Nations of Indians ten Guns

I have already told you yt we have made a Law in Virginia to oblige a due performance of yt Article of the Boundaries which you have ratified & it is highly expedient that I now particularly inform you thereof

If any Indians of the aforenamed Nations belonging to Virginia or those whom you declare to be dependent on your five Nations shall hereafter transgress the said Boundaries without having the proper Passeports already mentioned every such Indian is by that Law liable to be put to death or transported & sold for a slave & as the Government of Virginia will not demand satisfaction for whatever you shall do to any of their Indians whom you shall take on the North Side of Potowmack River & on the West Side of the high Ridge of Mountains so your people must not look upon it as any Breach of the Peace & Friendship which Virginia desires to preserve with the five Nations, if that Government shall hang or transport any of your Indians who shall hereafter be taken without a proper Passport on the South Side of the said River & on the east Side of the said Ridge.--


I will not post every single occurance of these passes or all the Cherokee sections with these passes, but yeah indians in north Carolina, Virginia, and Tribulatories of New York's government needed passes to travel north.


Here is another example of Native people of North Carolina needing to apply for passes to trvel around North Carolina.

--April 19 1755:
Abstracts of the Minutes of the
Court of Pleas and Quarter
Sessions Rowan County,
North Carolina 1753-1762
II:72 19 April 1755
Esquires present: Jas Carter, Jno Handby, Alexr Osburn & Thos Potts. … Whereas John Auston a Saponia Indian and Mary a Susquhanah Indian and Thos a Cattaaba applied for a pass to the Cataba Nation being now on their Journey to conclude a Genl Peace with ye Catabas in behalf of the Sd Nation and also presented 3 Belts of Wampum to Sd Court by which the sd Treaty is to be concluded.--


So I guess you did not know about how we had to travel in the 1600-1700's?


Still wish to keep saying I don't know crap about our histories? so keep making those insults, but it is not working in your favor.

Point made, Case closed.
Where did it say Cherokee??
You even quoted me
Read at the top of the post
It said Cherokee
Josiah is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #431
Teen Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 421
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
I'm back. Sorry Yaahl, no rainbow. But I got ruffle chips. No pie either. But I have the stuff to do some cakes. Angel food (like me.HAHAHAHA) or Almond Chocolate or a number of other kinds. OH OH OH I made a banana cake not too long ago that was totally out of this world. Any takers?LOL

Well, Guess what I did guys. Yep, went into my websites and dang the first thing I get is his ancestor's Rev War records from the National Archives. Emanual Teal's wifes name was Martha and he was in the Rev War from NC. You said your gma Sudie Senoa Teal was Creek. I can look up her mother's side as well, Petty. An even go on from there as well.
Have fun with the Petty family :)
ECSN is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #432
Teen Dancer
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 421
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Where did it say Cherokee??
You even quoted me
Read at the top of the post
It said Cherokee
This is how they all had to travel. If you was indian on the east coast, you had to do this. Cherokee is also in those records with the name "cherikee". I believe vol.4 is around 1000 pages of court records alone. I actually done posted some of the parts where the cherokee was recorded in that same vol.4. Or are you using your selective memory again.
ECSN is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #433
Head Dancer
 
timmy tiger's Avatar
 
Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Posts: 36,934
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 8,331.92
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
Have fun with the Petty family :)
Oh no no no, I'm on the Newman's on the Census records in the 1900's, I start with most recent and work backwards. And I was just making a point that your Teals are that easy to find, I'm sure that the Jeffers are as well.LOL

As for Educated, I was being nice for your lack of education. 'Cause yes I went on too. You aren't the only one. Dang your parents must be so upset with how your's turned out with the way you communicate and comprehend. Wow, it's mind blowing to think that a University does that to anyone. Ah well, guess it happens.LOL
timmy tiger is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #434
Powwow Dude
 
Josiah's Avatar
 
Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Center of the Universe: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,097
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
Umm, No. I am saying, the artifacts on the east coast are older because umm, they are older. Thru stuff such as this thing called Carbon dating etc.


I'm not descended from Pocahontas, my family did marry into and travel with her descendants. Thats a PROVEN FACT. I gave you her PROVEN family tree.

The beadwork is called "odd count flat Peyote stitch". It is actually not a stitch technique limited to North America, it is also found in countries like Egypt. So try again. When are you going to realize you definitely have to research more to get something on me.
Really?
Josiah is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #435
HUUUUUUUUUH!
 
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,140
Credits: 4,359.51
Savings: 0.00
Fun fact #6: Pocahantas did not have a singing Racoon.
Iowa_Boy is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #436
Powwow Dude
 
Josiah's Avatar
 
Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Center of the Universe: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,097
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
This is how they all had to travel. If you was indian on the east coast, you had to do this. Cherokee is also in those records with the name "cherikee". I believe vol.4 is around 1000 pages of court records alone. I actually done posted some of the parts where the cherokee was recorded in that same vol.4. Or are you using your selective memory again.
Really?
Josiah is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #437
Self-Righteous Injun
 
Zeke's Avatar
 
Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 2,447
Credits: 17,963.51
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
Fun fact #6: Pocahantas did not have a singing Racoon.
But wasn't she prepubescent, like her reported lineage?
Zeke is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #438
Powwow Dude
 
Josiah's Avatar
 
Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Center of the Universe: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,097
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
Fun fact #6: Pocahantas did not have a singing Racoon.
Really?
Josiah is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #439
Powwow Dude
 
Josiah's Avatar
 
Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Center of the Universe: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,097
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
This is how they all had to travel. If you was indian on the east coast, you had to do this. Cherokee is also in those records with the name "cherikee". I believe vol.4 is around 1000 pages of court records alone. I actually done posted some of the parts where the cherokee was recorded in that same vol.4. Or are you using your selective memory again.
Selective Memory?
Josiah is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #440
Powwow Dude
 
Josiah's Avatar
 
Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Center of the Universe: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,097
Blog Entries: 4
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
But wasn't she prepubescent, like her reported lineage?
Yes and Sometimes she is reported to be Cherokee
OR people claim she is
LOL
Josiah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello I am Hummingbird from Fl. hummingbird45 Introductions 140 01-17-2012 02:40 PM
United Keetoowah Band Of Cherokees Josiah Native Issues 32 12-14-2011 05:29 PM
List of Fraudulent Cherokee/Chickamuaga's kiowakat Native Issues 106 08-01-2011 11:03 AM
A Resolution Opposing Fabricated Cherokee "tribes" And "indian's" Josiah Native Issues 34 03-04-2010 05:29 PM
Cherokee House Bill introduced WhoMe Chit Chat 12 07-12-2009 08:19 PM

    

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Join PowWows.com Today!

Your Guide to Native American Pow Wows Since 1996

Register For Free

Enjoy the benefits of being a member of PowWows.com!

Join our Native American online community focused on Pow Wow singing, dancing, crafts, Native American music, Native American videos, and more.

Add your Pow Wow to our Calendar

Share your photos and videos

Play games, enter contests, and much more!






New Threads

Pow Wow Calendar Search

 
Month: Year:

Location:
Facebook Profile Images

Videos

Featured Articles

Dance Styles

Crafts

Gallery