Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Native Issues The Federal Cherokee Debate The Federal Cherokee Debate

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #441
Head Dancer

Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
Fun fact #6: Pocahantas did not have a singing Racoon.
Awe man. You just blew my fantasy 'cause I wa so hoping to find me one too.LOL
Old 01-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #442
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,484.66
Boston Creme Pie

Old 01-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #443
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 118,564.58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
The Saponi have not had their native names since 1720, long before the removal acts, The Saponi never was included in the Removal acts due to them having already signed their lands away in Virginia and having entered the indian boarding schools in the early 1700's. After the 1720's all the saponi children and most of the adults had taken english names due to their christaning. This was done by Lt.gov spotswood at fort Christianna. Some of this was done at the William and Mary school also.
Where do you get Virginia out of this discussion??? I got it from one of the tribes website you said you have been invited to enroll into.

http://www.saponi-ohio.org/8001.html

The Blackfoot Band of Saponi...in Ohio.

***I've edited this post to include what came from the saponi-ohio site***

1830 INDIAN REMOVAL

The Indian Removal Act became law. This law made it legal to remove Native Americans from their land in the southeast. Indians were rounded up by soldiers and forced to march long distances to reservations. Many Indians died on these journeys.

Because of the Indian Removal Act, many Native Americans began to refer to themselves as "colored" or "mulatto" to avoid removal. Therefore, the former Saponi were forced to take English names. The descendents of the Ohio River Valley Sioux are now called Blackfoot Band of the Saponi Nation of Ohio, Inc.

Can we insert 'white' and 'Cherokee' here and go read about the Kentucky group and the white Ohio group and the Pennsylvania group, blah, blah, blah.

Blackfoot Band?

Do you read where it says they took anglo names AFTER the 1830 removal? Not like you stated where they took anglo names ~1720.

Point made. Case closed.

So you're saying this group decided not to keep fighting as Indian, but rolled over and became black.

Is this correct?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 01-02-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #444
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Florida bog bones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2LbIE7juOw

Kenniwick man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KlWSA70Vp0

Just 2 examples out of many. Bones older than 6,000 years ago look nothing like modern TV Indians, they actually resemble more of these non recognized tribes which you call fake and frauds. Interesting stuff.
Instead of quoting Youtube... how about using actual data from the source
Kenniwick Man was Native American...
http://www.nps.gov/archeology/kennewick/doi1_13_00.htm
Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #445
Teen Dancer

ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Credits: 2,603.11
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
I'm back. Sorry Yaahl, no rainbow. But I got ruffle chips. No pie either. But I have the stuff to do some cakes. Angel food (like me.HAHAHAHA) or Almond Chocolate or a number of other kinds. OH OH OH I made a banana cake not too long ago that was totally out of this world. Any takers?LOL

Well, Guess what I did guys. Yep, went into my websites and dang the first thing I get is his ancestor's Rev War records from the National Archives. Emanual Teal's wifes name was Martha and he was in the Rev War from NC. You said your gma Sudie Senoa Teal was Creek. I can look up her mother's side as well, Petty. An even go on from there as well.
Martha is the 2nd wife lol

Pitt Co., NC, 1783:
Bradbury Teal, grantor, to Emanuel Teal, grantee, 50 acres for 10 pounds.

Pitt Co., NC Deed Book "H", October 27, 1779:
William Wilson, grantor, to Emanuel Teal Jr., grantee, 250 acres for 500 pounds. Witnesses: William Robson, Matt Moore.

1790 Census of Pitt Co., NC, page 454a, roll M637_7:
Teal, Emanuel Jr.
1 male over 16 years (Emanuel Jr. born 1758)
2 males under 16 years
1 female
no slaves

1820 Census of Anson Co., NC:
Teal, Emanuel

1827 Mormon IGI index has him listed as a member of the Cherokee Nation, Native American.

Authentic List of all Land Lottery Grants Made to Veterans of the Revolutionary War by the State of Georgia, Emanuel Teal, a resident of Jasper Co., GA in 1827, was granted land on January 19, 1830 in Lee Co., GA, land lot #95, district #21. "Reprint of Official Register of Land Lottery of Georgia, 1827" on the 26th days drawing (April 5th), Jasper County, page 80, fortunate drawer Emanuel Teal (Revolutionary War Soldier) from Captain Wilson's District, # 95, District 21, draw in Lee Co., GA.

I have not looked into what the IGI index is, I've never researched that either. I'm actually not familuar what the IGI index is lol.

1830 Census of Henry Co., GA, Federal Population Schedule, page 213:
Teal, Emanuel, no other information
Also listed in the 1830 Census of Henry Co., GA is "Washington Teal", most likely his son.

October 16, 1855, Carroll County, Georgia, Revolutionary War pension application #R10440:
Emanuel Teal Jr.'s widow, Mrs. Martha Teal, age 71 (therefore born about 1784), applies for a Revolutionary War pension. Her application states that Emanuel enlisted in Pitt County, NC in Captain Hogan's North Carolina Company for 3 years service and that she married him in 1818 in Anson Co., NC. Martha stated that he died on January 10, 1833 before Judge Henry P. Worthen. Witnesses Charles Phillips and Burrell Nail say that they have known Mrs. Martha Teal for 30 years (since about 1825) and that Nail knew Emanuel Jr. 15 years before his death (since about 1818) and Phillips knew Emanuel Jr. 6 years before his death (since about 1827). Mrs. Martha Teal appointed Samuel M. Bight (?) as her attorney, but her request for a pension was denied due to lack of records and information.

His mother was Cathrine Johnson of Pitt county, NC.
Children of Catherine Johnson and Emanuel Teal sr are:
+Emanuel Teal Jr., b. Abt. 1758, Pitt. County, NC., d. Abt. 1830, Henry County, Ga.

George Washington TEAL was born about 1800 He appeared in the census in 1850 in Campbell Co. GA.

GEORGE WASHINGTON5 TEAL (EMANUEL TEAL4 JR., EMANUEL TEAL3 SR., EDWARD2 TEAL, EDWARD1) was born Abt. 1799 in NC, and died July 25, 1873 in Paulding Co., GA. He married (1) SARAH ELIZABETH LITTLE 1818 in Anson Co., NC, daughter of ISAAC LITTLE and DELILAH TEAL. She was born 1801 in NC, and died February 07, 1869 in Paulding Co., GA. He married (2) CAROLINE WELLS May 13, 1869 in Paulding Co., GA. She was born October 06, 1835 in Cobb Co., GA, and died Unknown.

January 07, 1834:
George Teal deeded 202 1/2 acres of land in Campbell Co., GA to Lacy Hattaway, whose relation is not known. Lacy's wife's maiden name was Elizabeth Teal. The deed was witnessed by a Meshack Teal, but not Lacy's son-in-law by the same name.

George Teal did fight on the Georgia military's side for a little over 2 months at New Echota.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #446
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Joe's dad calls him my uncle lol John Jeffries who used to be chief of the state recognized Occaneechi/Eno saponi is blood to me, more along the lines of cousin though, The same person he claims his native blood from is one of the same ones I claim descent from as well, only difference is I claim catawba descent thru that ancestor due to them claiming to be catawba in historical records. The Jeffries family never claimed Saponi till a few years back. I believe this is because of Forest Hazel ( who is the historian for them and apprently as I under stand it is enrolled with them, yet he has stated numerous times her comes from I believe nottoway), I'll have to re check that info to find out if that is the correct info on forest hazel.
Thank you.

20th century researchers such as Paul Heinegg and Dr. Virginia Easley De Marce have conducted extensive research in colonial records: including court records, deeds of land, wills, etc. to trace back members of families in this area who were listed in the 1790 census. They have found 80 percent of those listed as free people of color, a category that then included Indians, could in fact be traced back to African Americans free in Virginia during the colonial period. Most of the free people of color were descended from relationships between white women and African men, often both indentured servants, during the 17th and 18th century when racial boundaries between groups were not as hardened as they later became. Some of the African men were slaves freed as early as the 17th century, as was John Jeffries, a "Negro man" belonging to Captain Robert Randall and freed in 1698 in Surry County, Virginia. Paul Heinegg believes he was the great-grandfather of Jacob Jeffries who settled in Orange County, North Carolina by 1790, but there is no documentary evidence for this.

Now answer my question with a simple yes or no.

Now remember. I have personally heard John says what he was told he was as a child.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #447
Teen Dancer

ECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scaleECSN is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Where do you get Virginia out of this discussion??? I got it from one of the tribes website you said you have been invited to enroll into.

http://www.saponi-ohio.org/8001.html

The Blackfoot Band of Saponi...in Ohio.

***I've edited this post to include what came from the saponi-ohio site***

1830 INDIAN REMOVAL

The Indian Removal Act became law. This law made it legal to remove Native Americans from their land in the southeast. Indians were rounded up by soldiers and forced to march long distances to reservations. Many Indians died on these journeys.

Because of the Indian Removal Act, many Native Americans began to refer to themselves as "colored" or "mulatto" to avoid removal. Therefore, the former Saponi were forced to take English names. The descendents of the Ohio River Valley Sioux are now called Blackfoot Band of the Saponi Nation of Ohio, Inc.

Can we insert 'white' and 'Cherokee' here and go read about the Kentucky group and the white Ohio group and the Pennsylvania group, blah, blah, blah.

Blackfoot Band?

Do you read where it says they took anglo names AFTER the 1830 removal? Not like you stated where they took anglo names ~1720.

Point made. Case closed.

So you're saying this group decided not to keep fighting as Indian, but rolled over and became black.

Is this correct?

A simple yes or no will suffice.
Keep fighting as indian? If a person was Saponi descendant, they would not need a reason to fight or anything, Saponi was already tributory to the government even before 1720. Saponi was not included in any removal.

The removal only was for any indians that wanted to follow indian law instead of state law, it was also for any indian that wished to keep fighting with white settlers. that is all the removal act was for, nothing else.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #448
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:
Umm, No. I am saying, the artifacts on the east coast are older because umm, they are older. Thru stuff such as this thing called Carbon dating etc.
And do you have a peer reviewed source for your statement? I'm only asking because there's going to be a very large number of museums upset that their artifacts aren't what they say they are.

So let me get this straight, you are saying that eras such as the Pleistocene, Paleo, Archaic etc periods only occurred in the east coast?... let's stop and think about this... we'll let your brain catch up to your mouth...

So what do you contend are the ages of the folks that are assumed to have crossed over the Bering Straight.. oh yes, those would be my ancestors...did they all travel to the east coast first, drop a few artifacts and then head back to the northwest?

Now I do have to admit, you'll probably come with a reason that the east coast was populated by the White Indian who arrived first... or some such claptrap. It won't surprise me if you do... you might even add in a viking tale or two....or some other revisionist made-up history version.

Quote:
I'm not descended from Pocahontas, my family did marry into and travel with her descendants. Thats a PROVEN FACT. I gave you her Proven family tree.
You mean some of your alleged ancestors, you still have to actually prove that you are related to any of the people you've posted their information about. I can say I'm related to Elizabeth Tudor and give you all her lineage.. but if I leave out the proof that I'm actually related to any of them is all well... a fantasy. If you don't want to give out your own details publically, then send them to Timmy and have her verify your connection to all these hundreds of people you claim are your ancestors. I personally haven't seen you provide images of long form birth certificates or marriage certificates of any of your immediate family/direct lineage to show the connections. All you've ever done is cut and paste records from gawd knows where because you never give proper citations.

Quote:
The beadwork is called "odd count flat Peyote stitch". It is actually not a stitch technic limited to North America, it is also found in countries like Egypt. So try again. When are you going to realize you defiently have to research more to get something on me.
So you're admitting to wearing something that may or may not be authentic First Nations bead work? The boys were correct, you are wearing a Chinese made headband. Have you ever been to Egypt? I have, spent two years there on an MFO mission. I collected lots of Egyptian beadwork, it is nothing like the work done in NA nor is the stitch referred to over there as the Peyote... The same for beadwork done in the Ukraine, Siberia, England, Indochina and Japan. You see my young warrior, I collect beadwork.. old, new, native, non-native... been collecting it for over 30 years. Once again, like your knowledge of tattoos, your knowledge of beadwork is superficial and not very well understood.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #449
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
My computer has shut down on me and came back up and is telling me that someone is trying to hack my system, for the last about 20-30 min.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #450
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Keep fighting as indian? If a person was Saponi descendant, they would not need a reason to fight or anything, Saponi was already tributory to the government even before 1720. Saponi was not included in any removal.

The removal only was for any indians that wanted to follow indian law instead of state law, it was also for any indian that wished to keep fighting with white settlers. that is all the removal act was for, nothing else.
So if the saponi of ohio were in ohio during the 1830 Indian Removal Act...why are they not recognized by the state of ohio?

And why did this group state on their website they rolled over and began to call themselves 'colored' or 'mulatto'. Where I come from that means black.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #451
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Thank you.

20th century researchers such as Paul Heinegg and Dr. Virginia Easley De Marce have conducted extensive research in colonial records: including court records, deeds of land, wills, etc. to trace back members of families in this area who were listed in the 1790 census. They have found 80 percent of those listed as free people of color, a category that then included Indians, could in fact be traced back to African Americans free in Virginia during the colonial period. Most of the free people of color were descended from relationships between white women and African men, often both indentured servants, during the 17th and 18th century when racial boundaries between groups were not as hardened as they later became. Some of the African men were slaves freed as early as the 17th century, as was John Jeffries, a "Negro man" belonging to Captain Robert Randall and freed in 1698 in Surry County, Virginia. Paul Heinegg believes he was the great-grandfather of Jacob Jeffries who settled in Orange County, North Carolina by 1790, but there is no documentary evidence for this.

Now answer my question with a simple yes or no.

Now remember. I have personally heard John says what he was told he was as a child.
I did not see a question asked.

The Jeffries indian blood probally started with Thomas Jeffries.

THOMAS4 JEFFRIES* (EDWARD3, RICHARD2, WILLIAM1) died 1734 in Richmond County, Virginia. He married (1) MARY TRAVIS. He married (2) ELIZABETH (?) Bef. 1670 in Barbados. She died Abt. 1718 in Richmond County, Virginia.

Children of THOMAS JEFFRIES* and MARY TRAVIS are:
9. i. THOMAS5 JEFFRIES.
ii. MARY JEFFRIES.
iii. TRAVIS JEFFRIES.
iv. MARGARET JEFFRIES, b. 1722, Richmond County, Virginia; m. CHARLES BRYANT, November 30, 1738, North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.
10. v. ANN JEFFRIES, b. 1724, North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia; d. Bef. 1777.
vi. PRISCILLA JEFFRIES, b. 1732, Richmond County, Virginia.

Elizabeth was a Indian of Barbadoes, Thomas brought her to Virginia.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #452
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
I did not see a question asked.

The Jeffries indian blood probally started with Thomas Jeffries.

THOMAS4 JEFFRIES* (EDWARD3, RICHARD2, WILLIAM1) died 1734 in Richmond County, Virginia. He married (1) MARY TRAVIS. He married (2) ELIZABETH (?) Bef. 1670 in Barbados. She died Abt. 1718 in Richmond County, Virginia.

Children of THOMAS JEFFRIES* and MARY TRAVIS are:
9. i. THOMAS5 JEFFRIES.
ii. MARY JEFFRIES.
iii. TRAVIS JEFFRIES.
iv. MARGARET JEFFRIES, b. 1722, Richmond County, Virginia; m. CHARLES BRYANT, November 30, 1738, North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.
10. v. ANN JEFFRIES, b. 1724, North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia; d. Bef. 1777.
vi. PRISCILLA JEFFRIES, b. 1732, Richmond County, Virginia.

Elizabeth was a Indian of Barbadoes, Thomas brought her to Virginia.
I'll ask you for the third time, running man.

Is the John Jeffries, Negro, which I got from an Occaneechi website, the same blood ties in your family?

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #453
Teen Dancer

Quote:
So if the saponi of ohio were in ohio during the 1830 Indian Removal Act...why are they not recognized by the state of ohio?

And why did this group state on their website they rolled over and began to call themselves 'colored' or 'mulatto'. Where I come from that means black.
Colored and mulatto doe snot mean black.

Also back then you do not list your race, the census person lists the race. this does not have a thing to do with the people who is listed.

Mulatto meant the person was not pure white nor pure black.

Now colored or Free person of color, means anyone not white.

Even a asian would have fallen under "free person of color". Everyone not white falls into that FPC category.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #454
Teen Dancer

Quote:
I'll ask you for the third time, running man.

Is the John Jeffries, Negro, which I got from an Occaneechi website, the same blood ties in your family?
Don't even try to play that lol you HAVE NOT asked that 3 times, so don't even try to pull that. I keep asking you to ask your question and you just keep copy and pasting crap that does not even have a question mark. So at least try to act like you have some sense.

I have also done answered that question how freaking many times now. I come from Andrew "Drury" Jeffries. I have stated this how many freaking times? Do you need a hearing aid? Or maybe glasses?

Andrew Jeffries, born say 1750 (before 1776), was called Andrew Jeffers when he was discharged from paying taxes in Greensville County in 1812 [Orders 1810-15, 253]. He purchased 50 acres in Meherrin Parish, Greensville County, adjoining Shadrack, Simon, and John Jeffers from John Jeffers on 4 February 1789, purchased 30 acres on the southside of Jordan's Road adjoining the land of John Jefferson (Jeffries) on 20 April 1790 and another 30 acres on the southside of Jordan's Road on 28 April 1796. And he purchased two parcels of land from John Jeffries and his wife Judy on 27 December 1798: one for 9 pounds and another of 84 acres for 50 pounds. He voted in Greensville County on 26 April 1792. He and his wife Mary sold 12-1/4 acres adjoining their land for $61 on 24 July 1815 [DB 1:292, 449; 2:359, 524; 4:520]. His 16 February 1821 Greensville County will was proved in October 1821. He left the part of his land adjoining David Robinson to his daughter Sally and the remai!
nder on
the southside to his daughters Linch and Morning. He named his surviving children: John, Drury, Littleton, Linch, Jancy, Grief, Morning, and Sally. Maclin Jeffries, Sally Jeffries and Grief Hathcock were buyers at the sale of his estate [WB 3:240, 299]. Andrew's wife was identified as Mary Dole in the Greene County, Ohio court suit of his grandson Parker Jeffries (son of Sally Jeffries) in 1841 [Parker Jeffries v. Ankeny].(1) Mary may have been the daughter of William Dale(s), head of a Northampton County, North Carolina household of 10 "other free" in 1790 [NC:76].

Andrew was the father of

i. John7, born about 1765, head of an Orange County household of 5 "free colored" in 1820 [NC:342]. He married Dilly Ballard, 8 December 1824 Orange County bond, Andrew and Eaton Jeffers bondsmen. He was about sixty-seven years old and living in Orange County on 26 November 1832 when he applied for a pension for his services in the Revolution. He stated that he enlisted in Brunswick County, Virginia, in 1780 and resided there until 1808 when he moved to Orange County. He made a second declaration in Orange County on 19 October 1837 that he had served in the place of his father Andrew Jeffreys. His widow Delilah was a resident of Alamance County on 19 November 1853 when she applied for a survivor's pension, testifying that they were married in 1822 and that her husband died on 15 April 1845. She was said to have been about eighty years old when she testified again in Alamance County on 11 April 1855 [M804-1409, frame 0363].

now I will not answer any more of your questions if you attempt to ask the same question I have already told you numerous times.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #455
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I'm not aware of any protests.

Thanks for the kind words.

May I have some pie, please?
this is kind of like what I fixed my fella for dinner tonight, no pie yet.. but im getting good at fixing spam and eggs and fry bread no chillies ever.. makes hims sweat..
i was cooking dinner as i posted that last post before this one then my computer went on some kind of trip and i need tec support so now back to enjoy the easy banter of my friends im giggling and some what feeling sorry for the little p****r head and its was not to much that he tossed your way but i wanted to stand up and say what i did...becuse your neat and i don't think that you're <[look yaahl ] anything like he said any way
Attached Thumbnails
spam-eggs-full.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #456
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:

I'll ask it one more time.

If the Blackfoot Band of Saponi of Ohio were in Ohio during the Indian Removal Act of 1830, why are they not recognized as a tribe by the State of Ohio?

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #457
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Don't even try to play that lol you HAVE NOT asked that 3 times, so don't even try to pull that. I keep asking you to ask your question and you just keep copy and pasting crap that does not even have a question mark. So at least try to act like you have some sense.

I have also done answered that question how freaking many times now. I come from Andrew "Drury" Jeffries. I have stated this how many freaking times? Do you need a hearing aid? Or maybe glasses?

Andrew Jeffries, born say 1750 (before 1776), was called Andrew Jeffers when he was discharged from paying taxes in Greensville County in 1812 [Orders 1810-15, 253]. He purchased 50 acres in Meherrin Parish, Greensville County, adjoining Shadrack, Simon, and John Jeffers from John Jeffers on 4 February 1789, purchased 30 acres on the southside of Jordan's Road adjoining the land of John Jefferson (Jeffries) on 20 April 1790 and another 30 acres on the southside of Jordan's Road on 28 April 1796. And he purchased two parcels of land from John Jeffries and his wife Judy on 27 December 1798: one for 9 pounds and another of 84 acres for 50 pounds. He voted in Greensville County on 26 April 1792. He and his wife Mary sold 12-1/4 acres adjoining their land for $61 on 24 July 1815 [DB 1:292, 449; 2:359, 524; 4:520]. His 16 February 1821 Greensville County will was proved in October 1821. He left the part of his land adjoining David Robinson to his daughter Sally and the remai!
nder on
the southside to his daughters Linch and Morning. He named his surviving children: John, Drury, Littleton, Linch, Jancy, Grief, Morning, and Sally. Maclin Jeffries, Sally Jeffries and Grief Hathcock were buyers at the sale of his estate [WB 3:240, 299]. Andrew's wife was identified as Mary Dole in the Greene County, Ohio court suit of his grandson Parker Jeffries (son of Sally Jeffries) in 1841 [Parker Jeffries v. Ankeny].(1) Mary may have been the daughter of William Dale(s), head of a Northampton County, North Carolina household of 10 "other free" in 1790 [NC:76].

Andrew was the father of

i. John7, born about 1765, head of an Orange County household of 5 "free colored" in 1820 [NC:342]. He married Dilly Ballard, 8 December 1824 Orange County bond, Andrew and Eaton Jeffers bondsmen. He was about sixty-seven years old and living in Orange County on 26 November 1832 when he applied for a pension for his services in the Revolution. He stated that he enlisted in Brunswick County, Virginia, in 1780 and resided there until 1808 when he moved to Orange County. He made a second declaration in Orange County on 19 October 1837 that he had served in the place of his father Andrew Jeffreys. His widow Delilah was a resident of Alamance County on 19 November 1853 when she applied for a survivor's pension, testifying that they were married in 1822 and that her husband died on 15 April 1845. She was said to have been about eighty years old when she testified again in Alamance County on 11 April 1855 [M804-1409, frame 0363].

now I will not answer any more of your questions if you attempt to ask the same question I have already told you numerous times.
You didn't answer my question. All you have done is cut and pasted some crap.

I'll ask you again. Are you from the same lineage as the John Jeffries, Negro, posted from an Occaneechi website?

You did say you were related to the John Jeffries of the Eno Occaneechi tribe and you could enroll in the tribe if you moved.

Again, a simple yes or no will suffice.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #458
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Still being notified that someone is attacking my computer with spyware, I hope they find the worm hole my son and his friend set up, and soon.LOL

And yes, he has asked that question more then once and at least 3 times. You keep running around and tap dancing.

I'm glad I know what I'm doing 'cause before you said that Andrew "Drury" was the Uncle of yours and now you are saying he's yours. You don't have a clue really do you? And you said that your Teal's, well Sudie was Creek Indian, according to both the 1920 and 1930 US Federal Census the whole family is listed as being "White" and she was born abt. 1911. That's two for two so far and no mention or lead to Native at all, not Creek or any other ways. Might be farther back, but not here so far and I really love searching in GA records you now why: 'Cause they are an open record state which means one phone call to the county offices and they will (normally for me when I talk to them) will take a family line all the way back if they are from that county, and that's Birth, marriages and deaths. I just love researching in GA.HAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #459
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Don't be jumping in, Miss tiger I'm waiting for MY answers! LOL

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #460
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=timmy [B]tiger;1506961]Still being notified that someone is attacking my computer with spyware, I hope they find the worm hole my son and his friend set up, and soon.LOL[/B]

@TT hi, mine just got something but i went back to a earlier date and rebooted and and then had to call tec support to get back on line it clean out the passwords Keys and my PPP address i know Paul has strong spy wear so i don't know where it came from
Closed Thread